Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do crypto exchange rates matter?  (Read 606 times)
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:46:52 PM

If bitcoin is down, just like it is now, i dont know why you are selling your bitcoins to buy ripple instead of keep holding them for a while.
Dont you see that bitcoin is always recovering from it's dumps? You really need to consider this, ripple is a good coin, but it will never be as bitcoin.

Well. it would be better to hold it and buy more BTC. although it is indeed promising. but BTC will give a profit that levih big and there (when BTC up) you can just sell it. and profits are made sure you will have
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:52:00 PM

Ok so I have to buy BTC and trade it for XRP in order to obtain some Ripple. Knowing how the forex market works, im wondering if I bought my BTC at 16k instead of 18k, would I be able to afford more XRP compared to buying BTC at 18k? or is it the exchange rate constant?

Thanks for the replies !!

The rate most of the time is the same if we compare the price of bitcoin in usd and price of ripple and the exchange rate btc/xrp, I remember when I bought ripple at 15k satoshis but that doesn't mean that I bought really expensive comparing to the current price of 5-6k because the value of bitcoin in dollars wasn't the same (not even near) with the current price of bitcoin. So I can say that it pretty similar the exchange rate.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:23:47 AM

Obviously this is very important because the exchange rate that makes the attraction of the coin, the greater the exchange rate then the chances of you getting the benefits will be greater as long as you understand and make the right decision. the exchange rate is also a reference to determine when to buy bitcoins and when to sell them so that the exchange rate determines the future of the coin.
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:45:50 AM

I think every exchange is not too big difference than the other. maybe it is just different for 1-5 satoshi. this is triggered people to do arbitrage trading by using this different.

for this case, I think it is better to buy bitcoin than ripple because bitcoin is down since a few days ago and yesterday I see the dropped is too far. but if you want to hold ripple for a long time, then you can do after you bought bitcoin.
senyorito123

Activity: 1694
Merit: 505

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:10:10 AM

If bitcoin is down, just like it is now, i dont know why you are selling your bitcoins to buy ripple instead of keep holding them for a while.
Dont you see that bitcoin is always recovering from it's dumps? You really need to consider this, ripple is a good coin, but it will never be as bitcoin.

Well. it would be better to hold it and buy more BTC. although it is indeed promising. but BTC will give a profit that levih big and there (when BTC up) you can just sell it. and profits are made sure you will have

The most important to all of us here is is the exchange currency and the high rate of the coin,much better if bitcoin is in cheaper price buy it and keep it because bitcoin has a big chance to rise again and has a potential to increase very high because of it's demand,and ripple is a good coin but make a right decision that you can get a big benefits.

````▄▄██████▄▄▄```▄▄██████▄▄
``▄███████████▀`▄████████████▄
`█████``````▀``█████``````█████
████``````````████````█▄````████
███``````````▄███`````███````███
████````▄█▄``███▀`````█▀````████
`█████``███`████`▄██``````█████
``▀████████`██▀`▄████████████▀
````▀▀█████`▀```▀▀▀▀██████▀▀
````````▀█▀

````````▄███████████████████████▄
```````██▀```▄███▀`▄█▀`````````▀██
▐███▄`██````▄███▀`▄█▀````````````██`▄███▌
`▀███▄█▄```▄███▀`▄█▀`````````````▄█▄███▀
``▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄
`████▄```▀█████████████████████▀```▄████
`█████▄````▀██████▄```▄██████▀````▄█████
`███████████████████████████████████████
`▐█████████████████████████████████████▌
``▀███████████████████████████████████▀
````██████`````````````````````██████
`▄▄`▀████▀`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`▀████▀`▄▄

FIGHT, RACE, OWN STREETS
PLAY 2 EARN CYBERCASH
LEVEL-UP AND BUILD NFT

....PRE-REGISTER....
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:22:29 AM

Yes definitely. Its exchange rate is very important for us. Of course we all want to have something big in return to our coins. We make sure to buy bitcoin in a low price and sell them at a high price. If not, we just keep on holding it for a long term investment so it can double nor triple our coins.
spinach98

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:32:38 AM

Yes it matters because if its exchange rate reaches its highest point,that is the perfect time to sell bitcoin. Meaning you will get double earnings once you sold bitcoin the moment it has the highest rate. That is actually the best decision you would ever make.
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:34:08 AM

Ok so I have to buy BTC and trade it for XRP in order to obtain some Ripple. Knowing how the forex market works, im wondering if I bought my BTC at 16k instead of 18k, would I be able to afford more XRP compared to buying BTC at 18k? or is it the exchange rate constant?

No i think. You get only one way advantage when you buy bitcoin in small price. Its nkt affected to ripple price.
All coins price in exchange is made by trader, so all depend on how much supply and demand. And it can be lower or higher. If you wish more ripple, just wait till the price decrease.

xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:06:34 AM

I think yes because fees can differ in alt coins it can be much cheaper or much expensive it depends bitcoins fees now have gone big so people are looking for some alternative I see atomic swaps are the trend right now because of this sudden increase in the fees that is affecting the market so new players seeing this as a big hurdle to begin with investors are coming but users are decreasing drastic
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:08:21 PM

I think every exchange is not too big difference than the other. maybe it is just different for 1-5 satoshi. this is triggered people to do arbitrage trading by using this different.

for this case, I think it is better to buy bitcoin than ripple because bitcoin is down since a few days ago and yesterday I see the dropped is too far. but if you want to hold ripple for a long time, then you can do after you bought bitcoin.
The differences between the prices on different exchanges can be huge just look at the South Korea exchanges and almost every coin is more expensive there, this allows arbitrage trading but arbitrage trading has a lot of disadvantages that you need to take care, you need to pay the fees between the exchanges, the fees of the banks you need to pay taxes and you have to hope the prices does not change a lot while all this happens.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:33:10 PM

Since you have little bit knowledge in forex I think you should understand how this works. If you buy bitcoin at $15,000 when ripple is around 0.7dollars you will get more ripple then buying bitcoin at $14,000 for example and get ripple at $1. I think you just have to have a very good indicators before you can actually analysis this market. Good luck.
Unicorn_Heart

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:36:51 AM

Of course exchange rates matter. The reason why it was shown in a graph and we are always talking about the future rates is because we decide based on the exchange rates. It's crucial. It helps us to analyze and pick the best date to trade. Hence, if you buy at a lower rate, you get higher amount of BTC which in turn you could you use in obtaining more ripple. Just like how much potatoes you could get in the public market if the price cheaper therefore more french fries you could obtain afterwards. Hope i made it simpler with my examples. But i suggest that you hold on to your btc, it is not yet done in increasing its value. What happened in December is just a normal thing during Christmas season.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:41:10 AM

Exchange rates does matter a lot especially when Bitcoin prices fluctuate between thousands of dollars on an everyday basis. To obtain the highest profit, the buy-in should be timed such that Bitcoin prices could soar but not fall. At this point, profit is guaranteed even if you're exchanging it for something like XRP given that it is doing fairly well.

In India, the exchange prices are messed up at times with a difference of over $1000 between buy and sell margins and this is on one of the most famous exchanges in the country. So yeah, exchange rates do matter a lot.
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:23:13 AM

Always monitor or analyzed the price movement if bitcoin become low try to hold it at wait until to become high again because if the price of bitcoin become high you can buy more XRP then wait to sell it in high price but if you buy XRP on its peek price the chances of losing also there.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:14:25 PM

Yes ofcourse. It definitely matters all the time. Exchange rates of many particular coins and tokens matters especially to those who are in the trading section or to those bitcoin and other cryptotokens or cryptocoins holders because the exchange rate is important for them to know when they are needed to sell or to buy it. Its just a matter of pump and dump of token.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

I think with the current bitcoin prices are down and the decision you will do is to buy BTC to exchange it with XRP is a pretty good strategy in trading. so your decision to do that I think is quite reasonable for a purpose so you can get Ripple. and it is true that the crypto exchange rate is very important to conduct another trading activity. because I think the exchange rate of crypto will greatly affect the profit you will get with what you will do now is buy BTC at 16k price and to exchange it with XRP is a pretty good strategy because of course you will be able to get more XRP .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
likeBTC

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:04:54 PM

Wow, yes, without the exchanges and without the rates, how the fuck are you supposed to trade or exchange the altcoins that you want to acquire? there wouldn' t be any way to do so..
Without exchanges = no cryptos.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:07:02 PM

I also think so, despite the current decline in selling points, but maybe this is only temporary, and will soon rise again afterwards. so if we hold it and continue to buy it, at the right time then we will get more profit.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:57:10 PM

Yah, Of course. Crypto exchange rates really matter because people do make their decisions in terms of their investments with the standing of crypto exchange rates in the market.  The lower its rates, time to hold for a while then when the exchange rates gets high, people will tend to sell for a greater profit of capital.
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:15:13 PM

Yah, Of course. Crypto exchange rates really matter because people do make their decisions in terms of their investments with the standing of crypto exchange rates in the market.  The lower its rates, time to hold for a while then when the exchange rates gets high, people will tend to sell for a greater profit of capital.
many people are taking a wrong decision by selling the crypto they have. according to them the price of the crypto has reached its peak but continues to soar, just as someone who had a lot of Bitcoin in years ago when the price was so low

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: