Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Block Erupter Mining Artwork  (Read 706 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 06:57:54 PM

** Full disclosure:  I have many thoughts each day.  Most will not turn out to be winners.  I am a classic narcissist like my mother so this my not be as golden as I believe, but I think it could be badass if done right:

Title:  USB Block Erupter-based Mining Artwork
Abstract:  I feel in love with USB Block Erupters yesterday.  Relatively easy to get mining, and almost not a terrible investment (but likely -EV at $100/each or 1 btc ATM).  These things are beautiful.  The size, the simplicity, the quiet hashing... I would love to take apart some powered USB hubs, arrange them in some cool way on some backing, use a RasPi and some simple yet cool output screen, and make something you can hang on your wall that actually hashes.  Likely Wifi needed to really drill this aesthetically, but you will need a power cable anyway, so might as well run the network cable along side it. 

I have a handful of slot machine back-glass that seem to be an awesome backing to the miners:

the "Ca$h for Life" title has that jank old school LED scroller-screen that I believe still works.  All the wires & harnesses are in tact, and that should *totally* be the display screen for hashing power.  I think I could cram 2x 7 port USB hubs in a creative way on the bottom silver part, would buy a grip of head sinks for both heat dissipation and general looking like a badass reasons. 

I have no programming experience and would be willing to send some of this shit to a guy that could do it or just feels me on this 1.

We'll see where this goes.  Likely nowhere but seems like a cool idea IMO.  Maybe I'm just high on mining the 1st time.  Would be epic to post this in "post your mining setup" thread of it hashing away in your living room.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: