Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Awesome: PHP/MySQL/Bitcoin coders  (Read 1769 times)
abednego (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 08:54:46 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2011, 12:27:57 AM by abednego

I believe that Bitcoins have immense potential and want to bring them into the mainstream with mass adoption.  I will make this happen with well designed, highly functional, and trustworthy web sites delivering innovative services to the community and the world.  These web development projects will be the platforms upon which the Bitcoin economy will develop and flourish.  Simply put: people will be connected like never before.

Web developers, coders, and visionaries PM me with your credentials.  Let's see what awesome we can bring about.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:09:38 PM

yo share some ideas.
eastendtech

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:45:34 PM

Sent a PM Smiley
abednego (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 12:45:53 AM

yo share some ideas.
It seems to be very common that people want to keep their ideas very close to the chest; ironic in an open source community.  Everyone is afraid of their ideas being stolen or credited to someone else.  The 90's had a lot of people with great ideas, lots of money, and lots of talent... but you see what happened to that.  What they failed to realize was that the idea is maybe 5-10% of success.  They lacked real plans for operation and sustainability.  I will not make that mistake.  Long term success is a must for Bitcoin to realize it's potential.

I find that nearly all of Bitcoin's virtues are also it's vices and there are three main components that must be addressed prior to widespread adoption.  Those are de-obfuscation, communication, and trust.  They all contrast with the relative anonymity of Bitcoin.  Proposing to change these fundamentals is controversial.  But without that change Bitcoin will never become mainstream.  Crossing that tipping point of innovation diffusion will see Bitcoin become immensely valuable and the world currency everyone imagines it will be.

The first idea everyone realizes.  No one has 'fixed' it with the right solution; the addresses to send/receive are long and impossible to remember.  http://btc.to (part of MtGox) and http://firstbits.com (Freemoney's site) have recognized this and enacted a measure.  I want to take it a step further.  No one will walk down the street and say to a person, "hey, pay me back for the burrito at one, five, capital eye, lowercase tee, capital double-u, six..." 

The site's first phase will start us down the right path.

I appreciate the responses thus far; I knew in such a community I'd find like minded individuals!  Smiley
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:56:49 AM

For what it's worth, firstbits doesn't require capitalizations.  All you need to remember is the letters and numbers, and most people can find an address with firstbits of only 4 characters.

But I am always glad to hear of new projects to improve bitcoins.  When will you reveal your idea?
Coineer

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 01:23:07 AM

Web developers, coders, and visionaries PM me with your credentials...

How about providing some of your own?

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:26:28 AM

Approximately two thousand years ago the Babylonians attempted to execute him along with two of his compatriots by burning them alive in a furnace. This failed miserably and helped lead to the rise of Christianity. You may now level blame / praise as your beliefs dictate.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:24:44 PM

+1

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
abednego (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 01:20:16 PM

Ever saw immense potential and opportunity in something, been filled with a passionate resolve, and know that with hard work and bringing the right people together awesome things will happen?

Probably not; if you're just in the habit of questioning people. 

I'll let them speak for themselves when things are rolling.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:21:24 PM

Ever saw immense potential and opportunity in something, been filled with a passionate resolve, and know that with hard work and bringing the right people together awesome things will happen?

Probably not; if you're just in the habit of questioning people. 

I'll let them speak for themselves when things are rolling.

It is a fair question and it deserves a real answer.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: