Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mcxNOW - do you trust it enough to leave your coins in it  (Read 2678 times)
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:42:31 PM

I stopped trading on mcxNow after RS added spam adds.
Cryptsy is fine except for them getting DDOS attacks. I wonder why? Volume?
Coins-e is new give them a break.
BTCe is ok but I mainly go there for entertainment rather than trading.

I am sure leaving your coins in an exchange that has multiple servers holding the data is safe. But I do not keep large amounts in any exchange either.

Just be glad we have more than one exchange to choose from.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipah

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:48:58 PM

Best exchange period atm.

I trust them a lot more then the other exchanges who are getting hacked or DDOS'd on a weekly basis.
vipah

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:50:38 PM

I stopped trading on mcxNow after RS added spam adds.
Cryptsy is fine except for them getting DDOS attacks. I wonder why? Volume?
Coins-e is new give them a break.
BTCe is ok but I mainly go there for entertainment rather than trading.

I am sure leaving your coins in an exchange that has multiple servers holding the data is safe. But I do not keep large amounts in any exchange either.

Just be glad we have more than one exchange to choose from.

Spam ads?  You mean MinCoinAds.com which are completely driven by an Alt Currency and deal in Alt related businesses and services?

Can't please everyone.
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:04:03 AM

My advice... personally, I have not had any issues with funds on mcxnow, btc-e, cryptsy, or even coins-e, but I always feel it's best to remove funds as soon as I don't need them. If I have trades pending, I don't feel too worried leaving them there for a few days or even a week or so, but if they're just going to sit there, I feel better withdrawing them to my encrypted wallet. None of them have proven me wrong yet, but I fell better being safe than sorry.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Trade there all the time and have had zero issues.  As others have said however, do not leave more coins than you are comfortable losing on any exchange.
NEcom

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:52:14 AM

Aside from the point of keeping full control of your money and not leaving it in the hands of others, I've had very good experience with mcxNOW.  The only reason I could see to "worry" about leaving money there would be the usual issues one might have with /ever/ having any of your money out of your own hands. 

That said, the exchange is very stable and very fast.  By far the best out there, to me.  New features are added after much obvious testing and security appears excellent. It's run by an expert in both cryptos and in websites, but more than that, it's a professional application behind the scenes.  Real good stuff.

Regarding the ads, I was a little annoyed by the thought at first, but then it took the form of something more like a community bulletin board of sorts.  It's actually interesting to read through, as it gives a glimpse (for now) into the community that trades there and into who is vying for the eyes of folks interested in crypto.  I sort of dig the ads -- which is strange.

BTW, it's a simple fix if you don't want to see them: just resize your browser width a tad and poof! They're invisible now!  (Yeah, yeah.. adblock. Whatever.  I never run anything full-screen, so I'm not bothered by leaving the ads running and occasionally full-screening to see what's new.)

Blabber much?  Yes, but the more I have issues with other exchanges, the more I realize just how great mcxnow is.  Fanboi or not.
TheRealSolid

Activity: 94

Operator of mcxNOW | Programmer of MicroCash

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:12:32 AM

McXNow: The owner of the exchange has the personally of a brick but I often leave my coins in there and they haven't had a crash or bug since I've had money there. (Over 3 months now)

This made me laugh a bit so I made an image.

https://mcxnow.com - Fast and secure coin exchange.
Primecoin / Litecoin / Mincoin / Worldcoin / CopperLark
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:16:46 AM

I fully trust Real Solid!

This wins Amusing-Post-of-the-Day.

Not because Real Solid is necessarily untrustworthy, but just the fact that you fully trust anybody.
TheRealSolid

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:20:05 AM

I agree with everyone that says "Don't keep money in an exchange that you can't afford to lose". Simply because exchanges are targets for hackers more than an individual typically is. Even though the site has 3 tier network security, a custom database unable to be dumped from the internet and local (non internet) admin access, it's still made by a human (myself) and they are rarely, if ever, perfect. I have had professional pen testers look at the exchange security and also have watched plenty of hackers attempt to do funny things, it's held up well to DDoS and all attempts to hack it.

Personally keep a lot of my own coins in the exchange because I know the code and trust it just as much as I do using my own wallet. But I don't expect everyone to have the same faith in the exchange as I do.  There's over 700K usd worth of coins deposited at mcxNOW and over 7000 user accounts so collectively there's a fair amount of faith in it.

Thanks to everyone for the comments about mcxNOW, I haven't really had any real support issues to deal for 3 months now and I think that shows in most people's experience with the exchange.

TheRealSolid

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:32:20 AM

Love the site.  WTB google auth though.

This is coming in the not too distant future. I'm working on some other features that will be released soon that are more about rewarding everyone at the exchange.

manface

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:37:12 AM

Have had zero problems with mcxNOW and routinely move 50BTC in or out to cash in on altcoin movements and arbitrage. Have had over 100btc in there for multiple days and never did it feel unsafe.

They could use some more features (2FA, stop loss) but trading,deposit,withdrawing, speed and security wise its probably the best I've used.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:38:12 AM

Keeping your money stored on ANY exchange or online service is foolish.

Is it really that difficult to transfer to your own wallet?

~BCX~

I second this. There is no question that RealSolid is a talented Dev, but as a general rule of thumb, you are most safe with your coins properly secured in your own wallet. I wouldn't leave my coins on Gox/BTC-E for any amount of time, because intentional or not, things happen, and best not to be the one out money.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:19:30 AM

what about crypto-trade ?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
whitepaint0909

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:07:24 PM

Certainly Trust MCXnow more than ANY of the other exchanges to hold my funds. I have never LOST funds from say crypsy, But There has been LOONG periods where I could not access them making me quite antsy. MCXnow has YET to go down for more than like 1.5min and that was to implement upgrades. Favorite Exchange, Easy.
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:11:56 PM

Smart man would know - TRUST NOTHING!!!

Do I think I'm gonna wake up one day and my coins won't be on mcx?  HELL NO!!!   At least the dev eats sleeps and breathes his passion of being a programmer! 

The other exchanges have to call tech support when they have an issue!  RealSolid is his own tech support!!!   Which would you trust first?

boozer

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:03:45 PM

What country is mcxNOW associated with?
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:39:40 PM

how many people have you heard of losing anything on mcxnow?

now compare that to btc-e

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: