Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some donators are in default Trust list ?  (Read 4604 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:24:23 PM

Yes, I do that, for multiple sites including this forum. Malicious hackers do not ask for permission, I don't perform anything intrusive / service impacting like DirBuster or another automated scanner without permission.

You do know that is both unethical as a pentester, and illegal. Smiley I guess you never took the correct security classes.
You might consider finding and reporting vulnerabilities unethical, I don't Smiley

FYI:
http://www.google.com/about/appsecurity/reward-program/
https://www.facebook.com/whitehat

A "don't pentest our site without our permission" strategy is literally the worst you can have. It's as stupid as 'gun free zones' - if law abiding citizens can't bring guns, then only criminals who don't respect the sign will have guns. You're not going to get prosecuted if you perform responsible disclosure.

Like I said, I don't do intrusive pentests.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:35:40 PM

I don't see this forum having any permissions for people to pentest so this is very different from google or facebook. Also it is unethical but you don't have security certificates I guess right? If you did you know why.

Can you pentest AT&T's site, I am sure they be glad to hear about the bugs to find.

Actually based on everything you do on this forum having an ethical conversation with you is like having a debate about race with Paula Deen.
I'm sure they would be glad to hear about the bugs you find, as long as you don't release customer's data or notify the media before you actually disclose them to AT&T.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:42:58 PM

Bottom line is Tradefortress isn't the material many of us consider trustworthy by default. There is more to being trustworthy than simply paying back debt.

Part of this is integrity which he's lacking,
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

Bottom line is Tradefortress isn't the material many of us consider trustworthy by default.
You expect to get a lot of hate when you wrote RippleScam.org Smiley

Generally "many of us" (see Viceroy, gweedo, ElectricMucus, that ripple shill I can't remember) have bright orange ignore ratings.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:50:21 PM

Bottom line is Tradefortress isn't the material many of us consider trustworthy by default.

It is sad, people like Erik, Charlie Sherm, Roger Ver, Charles Lee, Jared, should I go on? I mean how are these people passed over for spots on the default trust list? Makes no sense, but this is one of the downfalls of this forum.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:51:34 PM

You haven't lost integrity with affiliating with this site, but by stepping on other people by trying to make your point.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:56:37 PM

You haven't lost integrity with affiliating with this site, but by stepping on other people by trying to make your point.
You are aware that this "stepping on other people" involves someone who wants to lose 10 BTC to prove a point?

He had ~10 BTC vulnerable.
I took it before someone else could and asked where he wants it sent to.
Despite telling in no unclear words that someone else will take it again, he says he wanted it back on ripple. He wants someone else to take it so he can yell "tradefortress is very untrustworthy".

You could say it's my fault for enabling this to happen in the first place even through I gained nothing, but this is not "stepping on other people".

No one cares about ignore ratings.

They certainly show a significant amount of people on the forum has a better experience not seeing your messages Smiley

Talking with gweedo and ElectricMucus is as effective as Goat vs BadBear or MPOE-PR vs JoelKartz, unless you have something better to say I will be making better use of my time (ie not responding to your posts).
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:59:19 PM

Generally "many of us" (see Viceroy, gweedo, ElectricMucus, that ripple shill I can't remember) have bright orange ignore ratings.

MPOE-PR is in the piss-orange club too, and they're a central part of the Bitcoin economy. Expressing ones opinion which isn't popular is one thing doing business is another,
I see it as an honour that so many ideology minded people can't stand me.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:04:21 PM

I just realised I'm in the default trust list  Cool

Not entirely sure why. But great!
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:14:12 PM

I just realised I'm in the default trust list  Cool

Not entirely sure why. But great!

No you are not, you are in theymos's Trust List.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 03:18:58 PM

You could say it's my fault for enabling this to happen in the first place even through I gained nothing, but this is not "stepping on other people".

As far as I am concerned it doesn't really matter which analogy you find fitting, this wasn't a class act period. Being smug about it makes things worse.
This is also the difference between "having an orange ignore button" and "loss of integrity due to harmful actions".

You are a sociopath, an intelligent one, but never the less as disruptive as the commonplace retard.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:59:18 PM

#bitcoin-otc / Web of Trust @ Freenode works very well. There are no "default trust lists", removal of ratings or anything like that in there.

#bitcoin-otc does have something like a default trust list, in fact. You're not allowed to rate people if you don't have a positive rating, so everyone in the WoT needs to be indirectly trusted by nanotube.

Bottom line is Tradefortress isn't the material many of us consider trustworthy by default. There is more to being trustworthy than simply paying back debt.

Then replace DefaultTrust with other users in your trust list. The main purpose of the trust system is to prevent newbies from falling for obvious scams, so there needs to be some sort of default trust list.

It is sad, people like Erik, Charlie Sherm, Roger Ver, Charles Lee, Jared, should I go on? I mean how are these people passed over for spots on the default trust list? Makes no sense, but this is one of the downfalls of this forum.

Those people don't actually use the trust system much AFAIK, so adding them to DefaultTrust would be pointless. DefaultTrust is not a list of trustworthy people. It's a list of people who give accurate ratings and trust people who give accurate ratings.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:04:48 PM

The main purpose of the trust system is to prevent newbies from falling for obvious scams, so there needs to be some sort of default trust list.

Like being trapped in a malicious credit game? Yes, yes I get you are with TF on that one.

I still hope that some day you'll see the facts more clearly.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

#bitcoin-otc / Web of Trust @ Freenode works very well. There are no "default trust lists", removal of ratings or anything like that in there.

#bitcoin-otc does have something like a default trust list, in fact. You're not allowed to rate people if you don't have a positive rating, so everyone in the WoT needs to be indirectly trusted by nanotube.

Then replace DefaultTrust with other users in your trust list. The main purpose of the trust system is to prevent newbies from falling for obvious scams, so there needs to be some sort of default trust list.

Those people don't actually use the trust system much AFAIK, so adding them to DefaultTrust would be pointless. DefaultTrust is not a list of trustworthy people. It's a list of people who give accurate ratings and trust people who give accurate ratings.

There's nothing like a default trust system in #bitcoin-otc. That's bullshit. It's a full trust network, this is just a LIST and there are just a few members who can add people on the list.

As I said, MANY don't even know such thing as DefaultTrust list EXISTS. And you talk about falling for obvious scams.. Read this thread and look the parts which tell things about TradeFortress.

I think it's very clear that TradeFortress doesn't belong on that list. The password/account access asking @IRC by TradeFortress is a big enough reason to delete him from the list immediately. Why don't you comment these obvious things?

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:10:21 PM

Theymos you should do something about scammers, peoples are still getting scammed as sometimes they don't check Trust ratings and from outside members profile looks fine even with negative rating.

/dev/null (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:15:22 PM

There's nothing like a default trust system in #bitcoin-otc. That's bullshit. It's a full trust network, this is just a LIST and there are just a few members who can add people on the list.

As I said, MANY don't even know such thing as DefaultTrust list EXISTS. And you talk about falling for obvious scams.. Read this thread and look the parts which tell things about TradeFortress.

I think it's very clear that TradeFortress doesn't belong on that list. The password/account access asking @IRC by TradeFortress is a big enough reason to delete him from the list immediately. Why don't you comment these obvious things?

+1

Theymos why do you want every newbie and other members to trust a anonymous guy 'TradeFortress"
Do you have his info?

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:17:23 PM

Theymos you should do something about scammers, peoples are still getting scammed as sometimes they don't check Trust ratings and from outside members profile looks fine even with negative rating.

I agree, one should have:

- Red marker growing flashy as your trusted list leave negative feedback.
- Orange marker growing flashy as everyone leaves negative feedback.
- Yellow marker growing flashy as everyone leaves leaves positive feebdack.
- Green marker growing flashy as your trusted list leaves positive feedback.

Also, clicking on those markers to go to the user trust feedbacks page would be great.

Cause it's a pain to find the feedback page for users you did not receive any from your trusted list.
Cause It's confusing to have some users allowing you a direct click to their trust and others not.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:22:21 PM

Theymos why do you want every newbie and other members to trust a anonymous guy 'TradeFortress"
Do you have his info?
He's actually fully supportive of TF.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:36:47 PM

It's not because TradeFortress is necessarily trusted by theymos, or anything like that. If you read what theymos said, it's because TradeFortress and the people he trusts give accurate ratings, both negative and positive. Not because theymos endorses anything that TradeFortress does, although he may have his own opinion.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:25:50 PM

I've done a few trades, given tons of feedback but I still have no feedback. Seems it's just too much effort for people.

Slightly offtopic but there should be something to make the process of OTC feedback quicker too - just click a button rather than:
connect to irc, ident, auth with gpg, find user you want to rate, ident that user, decide on wieght to rate, rate the user and comment the user.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: