Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KnC Miner  (Read 2982 times)
Tsukene (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:56:02 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm considering pre-ordering a Mercury from KnC Miner, they have on their website they will be shipping in October. I am wondering if someone with more inside information or knowledge of KnC or ASIC Miners has any idea how likely the shipping date is (nervous a bit do to BFL) or how legit KnC is in general.

I am also wondering with the mercury projected to hit 100gh/s and assuming with throwing in a delay factor that you get it say Jan 2014 do you think within 6 months I would get my initial investment back?

Any tips/thoughts or idea would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
initforthemoney

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:19:46 PM

I made a single order with BFL (too risky too make any more ATM) and i'm curious about this company too. I see people making pre-order auctions left and right on ebay and noticed these knc units were one of them. There's so many companies now making bold claims but not really providing any real evidence to support them so if anyone here know anything i'd also be interested.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:21:05 PM

I made a single order with BFL (too risky too make any more ATM) and i'm curious about this company too. I see people making pre-order auctions left and right on ebay and noticed these knc units were one of them. There's so many companies now making bold claims but not really providing any real evidence to support them so if anyone here know anything i'd also be interested.

lol @ BFL comment.
Tsukene (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:46:19 PM

bump

Thanks in advance Smiley
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:54:08 PM

We don't have confirmation that KNC hardware exists, so despite positive evidence it's toss your cash in the air and hope you get a miner before the hashrate it provides is pointless vs. difficulty. 
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:58:15 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 04:44:15 PM by Bitcoinorama

bump

In all honesty if you don't have the stomach for potential delays, then you aren't acknowledging potential risks in IC design.

None of the companies aiming to release chips in the near future can give you 100% assurance on delivery times, as few have chips in hand and it is a race to the finish. ROI may deplete from weeks to months if there is any kind of delay. This is as realistic and answer as you can be given. Crickey those thy do have chips in hand are struggling. All you can do is research the professionalism and capability to design and deliver of the current Bitcoin ASIC manufacturers.

You certainly shouldn't invest without reading up on their strategy. They literally are aiming to hit production once chips are in hand, so yes there are risks. All the options from all Bitcoin ASIC vendors are currently risky.

If you cannot stomach risk then wait until ASIC devices can be bought from stock, or second hand. The return may not be so expedited, but then after a price war they may be more consistent and predictable.

For sure you haven't informed yourself enough about the subject, which is a shame since being an ex-BFL customer you've certainly had the time! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Tsukene (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:59:06 PM

I'm not an ex-BFL customer Cheesy

Thanks in advance Smiley
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:06:57 PM

Lol, are you a current BFL customer??

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
initforthemoney

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:12:57 PM

I'm a current BFL customer :/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

I'm a current BFL customer :/

To be a customer don't they have to sell you something?

Ok.... low blow... i hope they do start shipping more though.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:45:45 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm considering pre-ordering a Mercury from KnC Miner, they have on their website they will be shipping in October. I am wondering if someone with more inside information or knowledge of KnC or ASIC Miners has any idea how likely the shipping date is (nervous a bit do to BFL) or how legit KnC is in general.

I am also wondering with the mercury projected to hit 100gh/s and assuming with throwing in a delay factor that you get it say Jan 2014 do you think within 6 months I would get my initial investment back?

Any tips/thoughts or idea would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

This tool was posted elsewhere and might be helpful, although the hashrate increases are high they may be correct...hope not.
The thing that it shows up well if the vast difference between the earning of any miner based on a relatively short delay...say Oct to Nov.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

Set it to start in December and you'll see that buying coins will serve you better for ALL hardware listed there barring a large increase in price of BTC.

I have an order with KnC ...but it seems to me that their next gen will always be needed ASAP to stay ahead so it's going to be a constant upgrade which may not prove to be worthwhile in the near future. Why risk so much money when all you're going to get is less BTC than you could have if you simply bought them ?

If I were you now I'd wait for the next gen.
You'll know by then if they are reliable.
You have a chance of an early order and delivery on a gen 2 in March.
You may spend the same money for a competitive machine capable of ROI , which you may not if you catch the tail end of deliveries now.
Something better, stronger, faster may come along from someone else.

If my KnC machine gets here as promised and that tool is correct, I'll have broken even just in time for gen 2. However, that depends on hashrate, price of BTC, and it coming on time. IF I'd kept my money none of that would matter.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:05:48 PM

This tool was posted elsewhere and might be helpful, although the hashrate increases are high they may be correct...hope not.
The thing that it shows up well if the vast difference between the earning of any miner based on a relatively short delay...say Oct to Nov.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

Set it to start in December and you'll see that buying coins will serve you better for ALL hardware listed there barring a large increase in price of BTC.

I have an order with KnC ...but it seems to me that their next gen will always be needed ASAP to stay ahead so it's going to be a constant upgrade which may not prove to be worthwhile in the near future. Why risk so much money when all you're going to get is less BTC than you could have if you simply bought them ?

If I were you now I'd wait for the next gen.
You'll know by then if they are reliable.
You have a chance of an early order and delivery on a gen 2 in March.
You may spend the same money for a competitive machine capable of ROI , which you may not if you catch the tail end of deliveries now.
Something better, stronger, faster may come along from someone else.

If my KnC machine gets here as promised and that tool is correct, I'll have broken even just in time for gen 2. However, that depends on hashrate, price of BTC, and it coming on time. IF I'd kept my money none of that would matter.

Well said!

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:22:59 AM

Why risk so much money when all you're going to get is less BTC than you could have if you simply bought them ?

YES, exactly. I love new tech, HW, linux, open source and all stuff around it but if you think about mining hardware clearly for making money, is much better to buy BTC at 90$ and wait..
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:46:05 PM

I have read the genesis block. Some people think treating bitcoin as shares is better than mining. I thinkthere is a small chance to obtain reasonably. Just need time to tune up.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:12:46 PM

Mining is much more fun then buying. Plus, back in the GPU era you could always plan to sell your hardware if things didn't work out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: