Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCOIN] xCoin - New Cryptocurrency - HMQ1725  (Read 8807 times)
YaYMiner

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:11:52 PM

Quick question for anyone who might know, I was asked what the RPC port is as one of the questions when adding the coin to an exchange.
The only reference I can find in the code is here:
https://github.com/xcoinproject/xcoin/blob/master/src/chainparamsbase.cpp
nRPCPort = 22717;

However am I right in saying that you can use any RPC port you wish, as long as it's configured in the xcoin.conf file?
For example, I'm using a different RPC port specified by me for the block explorer & online wallet which I've configured in the config file.

Is the RPC port above actually used for anything?

If i remember correctly it actually is set in the code of the wallet somewhere. Granted i'm not a coder but i seen it posted somewhere before with someone asking the same question.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TicTheReaper

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

Happy new year all, hope you get your Xcoin!

Then politely stop mining, so I can get more  Wink
xCoinProject (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:10:41 PM

I'm going to release a Satoshi Dice type game for XCOIN soon, if anyone would like a gamble. Will post a link here once it's done.  Cool
cryptozw

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:20:56 PM

Any plans of getting this xCoin listed on any exchange site for trading. Any future plans

xCoinProject (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:01:05 AM

There are plans to get it listed on an exchange. I'm currently talking with someone and hoping for a listing in the near future.

In the mean time, I've created an experimental dice game / ponzi scheme here:
http://dicex.xcoinproject.com

I've limited it to 3 coins because I don't know how well it works yet. If it's successful I may increase the limits and decrease the fee/increase winning potential in future.

Regards,
xCoin Project
TicTheReaper

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:19:47 AM

There are plans to get it listed on an exchange. I'm currently talking with someone and hoping for a listing in the near future.

I've limited it to 3 coins because I don't know how well it works yet. If it's successful I may increase the limits and decrease the fee/increase winning potential in future.

Regards,
xCoin Project

Fix it, must play.
CallumOgilvy

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:59:33 AM

Hi Guys, hoping somebody can help me out.

I'm trying to launch my ccminer 2.3.2 to mine Xcoin, but its not playing ball. I'm mining other coins fine using it but Xcoin I can't seem to get working.

I'm using:

ccminer -a hmq1725 -o stratum+tcp://minerion.com:3747 -u xLnXHfnS4pwFBZ4S4LM7em4LBBFWCxPsmu -p c=XCOIN

any ideas on whats going wrong? the miner screen opens up for a fraction of a second before dissapearing again.

Cheers all, happy new year!
GilRH4004

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:38:24 AM

I'm trying to launch my ccminer 2.3.2 to mine Xcoin, but its not playing ball. I'm mining other coins fine using it but Xcoin I can't seem to get working.

I'm using:

ccminer -a hmq1725 -o stratum+tcp://minerion.com:3747 -u xLnXHfnS4pwFBZ4S4LM7em4LBBFWCxPsmu -p c=XCOIN

any ideas on whats going wrong? the miner screen opens up for a fraction of a second before dissapearing again.

I think ccminer doesn't support hmq1725, but, If it has support, check the name of the program. Add .exe to ccminer, then try again. Check if you are opening the .bat file, if not, create one. Check your address too.

Hope it helps.
helladave

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:08:42 AM

I'm using:

It does support it but what cards are u using? I'm using ccminer 2.2 and it gets better results..... 2.3.2 doesn't exist yet.... so I'm guessing you meant to say 2.2.3
xCoinProject (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:23:06 PM

Regards,
xCoin Project

Fix it, must play.

It should be working now  Smiley
xCoinProject (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:36:45 PM

Although I'm already working on getting this into an exchange, would it be worth me offering a bounty (in XCOIN) for anyone who can assist and make the process faster?

If it does make it onto an exchange then the XCOIN will be worth something, and I'm sure it'll only get more and more difficult to mine (hopefully increasing the price).

What would be a fair bounty?
Sam67

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

've never run a CPU miner before, but I think I can point you in the right direction. If i'm not mistaken, which I probably am, each core has two threads (on an intel CPU). You can designate "-t 8" at the end. I'm totally not responsible if your computer explodes lol, but i'm pretty sure that's how it works.
scileehy

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:00:40 PM

I'm using:

I use tpruvot ccminer which supports hmq1725, you can download from:
https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

then do:
ccminer-x64 -a hmq1725 -o stratum+tcp://minerion.com:3747 -u <your_xcoin_wallet_address> -p c=XCOIN
argamemnon

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:24:29 PM

ccminer accepts the alog but not all versions recognize that algo. Either use the 2.2 or 2.2.3 version and you should be fine. Download the version scileehy posted and make sure the ccminer name on the bat file matches your actuall .exe name.
If you need any help just drop by minerion.com discord and i see what i can do for you there.
use the code: GV3Ggy2 to get into the channel

I'm using:

CallumOgilvy

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:28:58 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 04:43:35 PM by CallumOgilvy

I'm using:

I use tpruvot ccminer which supports hmq1725, you can download from:
https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

then do:
ccminer-x64 -a hmq1725 -o stratum+tcp://minerion.com:3747 -u <your_xcoin_wallet_address> -p c=XCOIN

Thanks bud. Just gave this a go, the download comes out as a standalone .7z file rather than a compressed Zip, not sure what I'm doing wrong here ? Sorry about this! Lots to learn for me still
pokermaniacxxx

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:32:09 PM

What exactly will make your future cryptocurrency so easy to mine even with CPU?
CallumOgilvy

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:08:14 PM

Got it sorted, thanks all for your help! I would still have been banging my head against a crypto themed wall were it not for you.

My Pc didn't have the right software to open the .7z file, downloaded that and followed the steps you outlined and all seems well so far. mining at around 2800 k/h's on my GTX 1060 3gb.

Dev if you need any help with logo / design work at any point give me a shout, do lots of branding in my day-to-day and would be happy to help.
CallumOgilvy

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:42:36 PM

ccminer accepts the alog but not all versions recognize that algo. Either use the 2.2 or 2.2.3 version and you should be fine. Download the version scileehy posted and make sure the ccminer name on the bat file matches your actuall .exe name.
If you need any help just drop by minerion.com discord and i see what i can do for you there.
use the code: GV3Ggy2 to get into the channel

I'm using:

Thanks for the help bud, logged into your pool currently.
helladave

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:33:50 PM

fyi anybody new to mining.. cpu mining is over... its not worth the stress to mine 1 coin on your cpu.. my gpus produces much more hashing power per card the hash power as 1 cpu does... cpu put out 2kh/s my gpu puts out 7.6mh/s or 2000h/s vs 7600000h/s or for every 1 coin you make i make 3800coins per card...just trying to help the newbies
xCoinProject (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:44:56 AM

fyi anybody new to mining.. cpu mining is over... its not worth the stress to mine 1 coin on your cpu.. my gpus produces much more hashing power per card the hash power as 1 cpu does... cpu put out 2kh/s my gpu puts out 7.6mh/s or 2000h/s vs 7600000h/s or for every 1 coin you make i make 3800coins per card...just trying to help the newbies

Still worth mining if you don't mind getting small amounts. If you managed to get a few BTC in the early days you'd be pretty happy right now.  Cool
Also, if you post your address here I might send you a few coins.

Looking to create a roadmap/some bounties over the next few days too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: