Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:05:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please stop the free tx accelerator spam or at least give it its own section  (Read 200 times)
Mountaingoat (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 12:43:25 PM

It is clogging up the whole service section:

It is kind of annoying as most of those use the same site so there really is no need that many of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:21:43 PM

I was planning to make a thread about this. IMO, It's likely that most of these users are the same person, the way they all ask and almost force people to give them tips (same style in writing too) is suspicious. Creating a new section is not worth it though. It will barely fill 1-2 pages.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mountaingoat (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:28:09 PM

Then maybe sticky this post and make a rule against people making such threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2510862.0
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:29:47 PM

I was planning to make a thread about this. IMO, It's likely that most of these users are the same person, the way they all ask and almost force people to give them tips (same style in writing too) is suspicious. Creating a new section is not worth it though. It will barely fill 1-2 pages.

I don't think a new section is needed, just a sticky which points to these free services that all of these users are using anyway, then ban/delete all of these "post your tx and I'll accelerate it for you" posts.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:36:11 PM

It is clogging up the whole service section:

It is kind of annoying as most of those use the same site so there really is no need that many of them.

I must lend credence to this because its really turning into something else on the service section that you see a new thread opening up everyday trying to offer same service and funny enough is that they don't bother about their own website just that you submit your transaction id, and they get it accelerated how they want to do it, which pool they are using, we don't know.

I don't have problem with accelerator services after all the situation of bitcoin gave room to services like that springing up here and there. I have used viabtc too but this is just turning into spamming the forum the more and I think the admin should do more about solving such situation.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:51:43 PM

I don't think a new section is needed, just a sticky which points to these free services that all of these users are using anyway, then ban/delete all of these "post your tx and I'll accelerate it for you" posts.
I asked for tips too  Embarrassed I feel so ashamed now, though I don't force them.
"It's likely that most of these users are the same person", I was thinking the same too Cheesy
while on Bitcoin Technical Support SF, some are replying with repititive copy paste info
could this be a new technique for account farmers to raise post count and rank up,
it would not be so apparent compared to how they used to post unrelated questions or replies before

genocide

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:02:38 AM

I asked for tips too  Embarrassed I feel so ashamed now, though I don't force them.
"It's likely that most of these users are the same person", I was thinking the same too Cheesy
while on Bitcoin Technical Support SF, some are replying with repititive copy paste info
could this be a new technique for account farmers to raise post count and rank up,
it would not be so apparent compared to how they used to post unrelated questions or replies before

There is a possibility that these accounts are owned by just one person, trying to farm accounts easily. The forum admin or moderators should definitely do something about this issue because it's nonsense to have a lot of threads offering the same service and actually using the same site to "accelerate" transactions. It's just causing a lot of spam to the forum whenever people replies to their thread asking for their transaction to be accelerated when they can even do it on their own.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: