Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 09:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk about BitConnect. The SCAM that just got unfolded.  (Read 148 times)
Harsh_Patel (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Algo Trader

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:09:34 PM

This is the discussion about the BitConnect coin which was in TOP 10 Cryptocurrencies at one point of time in Coinmarketcap. They saw tremendous growth due to the greed of people and fake returns they were generating. This was one of the most successful and Longest running Ponzi Pyramid Scheme (PPS), But certainty this was not the first one.

I would like to discuss what drives people to invest in such scheme even after multiple warnings. Let's discuss how Greed gets the best of the human.

Sorry for those who lost their fund in BitConnect Scam.   

I am sorry for my wrong doings.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Hindi Translation Delivery in 5 days ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:52:12 PM

You are right, its all about greed. But lets put it this way, most of the people who joined bitconnect on the early stages probably made tons of money... If for example you had friends in that situation im pretty sure you'd also be inclined to invest with the hope of having the same luck. Everyone knew it was a ponzi scheme, but honestly, until the news of the cease letter from texas and all this dumb idea of BitconnectX ICO i don't think most people would believe that it would end so soon.

MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:45:42 PM

Well, two main reasons I can think of. First: gambling. Lots of investors knew about the risks of putting funds into BCC but were enticed by the prospect of doubling their funds in a very short time. They knew it was some sort of financial Russian Roulette, but proceeded anyway. Second: there were actually people naive enough to believe that BCC was the holy grail in cryptoland. Just look at the thread of Bitconnect here on BCT; lots of folks simply refuse to face the cold fact that they got scammed bigtime.
RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:29:08 PM

There were soooo many warnings and red flags about Bitconnect, so those who have lost their money had the chance to save themselves from this scam but they didn't want to listen, because they were following the dream of very rapid earnings. I guess now they have learned the lesson the painful way, and possibly they won't fall in such traps again in future.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

From the beginning there have been many warnings that BCC is a scam. but because of the greed of everyone. Want to get free money without doing anything. Everyone is still on it. In the first phase everyone will be profitable. The current BCC price from 400 drops to $ 20. 90% of total assets. I avoided the BCC from the beginning because I knew there would be today
Harsh_Patel (OP)

Algo Trader

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:21:55 AM

I think they gave many signals of shutting down. One being starting of new ICO. That was their escape plan. I think people could have avoided heavy losses if they had paid enough attention to the the thinks that was coming at the point in time.

USA Authority had released a public notice and seize order to Close the Bitconnect. 

Harsh_Patel (OP)

Algo Trader

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:24:52 AM

I think they gave many signals of shutting down. One being starting of new ICO. That was their escape plan. I think people could have avoided heavy losses if they had paid enough attention to the the thinks that was coming at the point in time.

USA Authority had released a public notice and seize order to Close the Bitconnect. 

Even England government (where they were claiming the company to be registered) filled the notice to show the assets under control, After all this I think people should have understand that this is going to collapse. But I guess greed got the best of them.  Wink

Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:38:12 AM

All investment are not safe you know that because every investment has risky if you decided to invest you know what the risk it is. Now bitconnect are gone and many people are get scammed so lesson learned that invest only that you can afford to lose.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:49:52 AM

You know sometimes when you tell people the truth, their greedy nature will never allow them to see it from your own angle. It was extremely obvious bitconnect was a ponzi and would definitely implode one day. The day is here now. Even if you want to invest, it is abnormal to take huge risk while you can easily take calculated ones and do better. I hope people will realize now a different between a ponzi and a real investment.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1308

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:03:14 AM

All investment are not safe you know that because every investment has risky if you decided to invest you know what the risk it is. Now bitconnect are gone and many people are get scammed so lesson learned that invest only that you can afford to lose.

Agree, all investment are risky but we are here talking about ponzi scheme which is a very well known type of investment which will be a scam sooner or later. Investing in ponzi scheme is the worst investment, indeed they offers good profit as it is how they works. No matter how much money you can afford to lose, you should not invest in ponzi scheme site.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:24:53 AM

You know sometimes when you tell people the truth, their greedy nature will never allow them to see it from your own angle. It was extremely obvious bitconnect was a ponzi and would definitely implode one day. The day is here now. Even if you want to invest, it is abnormal to take huge risk while you can easily take calculated ones and do better. I hope people will realize now a different between a ponzi and a real investment.
Greediness and lack of knowledge are eating peoples minds, those who registered and invest from the beginning enjoyed what they've take and now those who just got in are worried what will happen to their investment, though they still got some light since the site are telling them that there's some chances that they can recover their investment, but in the longer time we should start realizing that without investors ponzi will die right away, we should not give them any chance to operate to avoid people getting trick by those operators who facilitating this business.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
iozver

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

There they also road. I am very glad that they died all the same. Because of them now a lot of people will be disappointed in the crypto currency. Initially, it was clear that this office itself is a real scam. But people need fast money and they gave them to them. Let them blame only themselves, no one forced them.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:50:54 AM

There are a lot of such coins.
Creators earn a sharp increase in prices, and then disappear with money.
So it was and so it will always be ...

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: