Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:55:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Solopool BETA  (Read 9453 times)
quantumDavey

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:35:39 AM

* QG is solo mining Smiley
<QG> http://solopool.net

use http:// to sign up. https:// captcha not working.

Cheers,
QG

Thought I'd have a look at this too, but on registration screen, nothing shown under the 'verification image' text and get the catchpa error when hit the button to register.

EDIT: Du'oh! Ok, looks like it works using http://solopool.net, like you told us.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quantumDavey

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:04:48 AM

So when's user settable difficulty coming ?

Oh, yeah while we're at it, what about a 'pool stats' page, showing the total blocks won by all the users connected to the pool, the overall 'luck' and the total payout ?

Is there a UK or EU solopoll server ?

Actually, has anyone mined any blocks using solopool.
Blaksmith

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 02:14:32 AM

So when's user settable difficulty coming ?

Oh, yeah while we're at it, what about a 'pool stats' page, showing the total blocks won by all the users connected to the pool, the overall 'luck' and the total payout ?

Is there a UK or EU solopoll server ?

Actually, has anyone mined any blocks using solopool.

Two part answer here. Smiley

We have just had our 2nd block found!  WOOT!  The lucky block winner has been paid already too!

I will have to do some more changes inside the mining node to add the settable difficulty, but that shouldn't take "too" much time.  I just have to find a little more time in the day to actually implement it.  About the "Pool Stats" page, we are going to have to think of how to lay it out in a way that it keeps the anonymity of the miners, but giving as much information about block finds etc. 

Blak

"Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one." Dr. Emmett Brown
Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
Pool owner of: geekhash.org
quantumDavey

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:42:03 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 03:46:45 PM by quantumDavey

We have just had our 2nd block found!  WOOT!  The lucky block winner has been paid already too!

I will have to do some more changes inside the mining node to add the settable difficulty, but that shouldn't take "too" much time.  I just have to find a little more time in the day to actually implement it.  About the "Pool Stats" page, we are going to have to think of how to lay it out in a way that it keeps the anonymity of the miners, but giving as much information about block finds etc.  

Blak

2nd block - Cor ! Well  done whoever found it (wasn't me, I'm pretty sure of that  Sad )
- On that point, when a block is found, would it help to publish the GHs of the finding client - for interest ?

EDIT: Oh, err and I forgot to say... Is that 2nd block today, or 2nd block ever ??

Regards the difficulty, would it be possible to 'drop in an automatic vardiff' option ?

Regards having time in the day - hehehe - do you mean day day or day/night day ? Coz, remember if ya mean day day, there are loads of darkness hours ya could use up too ! I mean, who needs sleep ??!!!  Grin

Hehe, sorry, just having fun.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

I signed up for this site today but still haven't received my activation email.

Can anyone please help me with this or is there a support email?
Blaksmith

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

We have just had our 2nd block found!  WOOT!  The lucky block winner has been paid already too!

I will have to do some more changes inside the mining node to add the settable difficulty, but that shouldn't take "too" much time.  I just have to find a little more time in the day to actually implement it.  About the "Pool Stats" page, we are going to have to think of how to lay it out in a way that it keeps the anonymity of the miners, but giving as much information about block finds etc.  

Blak

2nd block - Cor ! Well  done whoever found it (wasn't me, I'm pretty sure of that  Sad )
- On that point, when a block is found, would it help to publish the GHs of the finding client - for interest ?

EDIT: Oh, err and I forgot to say... Is that 2nd block today, or 2nd block ever ??

Regards the difficulty, would it be possible to 'drop in an automatic vardiff' option ?

Regards having time in the day - hehehe - do you mean day day or day/night day ? Coz, remember if ya mean day day, there are loads of darkness hours ya could use up too ! I mean, who needs sleep ??!!!  Grin

2nd block ever for the pool. Smiley  The block finder was mining ~ 500GH. 
When I get the manual set difficulty in there, I will also be cleaning up the code for the auto difficulty, as it should be lowering it down if you are a slow miner, but I noticed that it really isn't Sad
About the time in the day, needs to be more than 24 hours in a day haha.  I'm usually up until 4am, and supposed to be up by 9am for work. hehe.

Donations welcome: Bitcoin: 1BLAKSMTjnME4ZJX7VzzUyEgbQYLShvqgi Catcoin: 9aw3Ttiz5yMALUm2DUj748cCHYQLatwLPz Unobtanium: uh3bjJua71jFijmz1yAB89KM8mqJEbzrek
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:59:43 PM

Blak

2nd block ever for the pool. Smiley  The block finder was mining ~ 500GH. 
When I get the manual set difficulty in there, I will also be cleaning up the code for the auto difficulty, as it should be lowering it down if you are a slow miner, but I noticed that it really isn't Sad
About the time in the day, needs to be more than 24 hours in a day haha.  I'm usually up until 4am, and supposed to be up by 9am for work. hehe.

wow 500gh.. lucky as F
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:15:33 PM

Why do you require an email to sign up and why do you send passwords over clear text in emails?
Completely turned off from mining at this pool now..
I like how my concerns were totally ignored!

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
brain brain

Activity: 46
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:19:59 PM

@quantumDavey,

I was the 1st block finder (I assume if 2nd was in August).  200GHs in March, 2014, FYI.  Solving hash was 12.5 billion or so.  I'd almost given up on my Avalon.

I'd continue pointing 200+GHs machines here.  Trustworthy guys, quick to respond via IRC, legit.  I was an ozco.in and triplemining user before.  The site has been reliable.  Solo's the way to go with my energy costs (~$0.10 kWh).  Sounds weird, but seems more worth it to gamble with $1.50/day or something like that versus barely scraping by over a month.

I offset that cost by drinking one fewer beers per day Smiley

--Brain

Blak

cryptouser

Activity: 247

O__o

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

I'm in EU and tried mining for couple of days, but it keeps disconnecting all the time; after couple of minutes shows server "dead", then connects again and this keeps repeating for 1000000 times per day.
landy

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:05:37 AM

You are not alone, i have same problem, "from Sweden / EU " It started some month ago.
I think it may be a port problem that is being blockt , it think it maybe port 3333 that is being block på your ISP or bye your router.
On Monday i am going to call my ISP and check it out.

Another thing i have discovered is on my new miner dragon a1, is that it says the pool have stratum but it is not active. If i mine at btc guild it says " Has Stratum and Stratum Active " and i have a Stratum URL " stratum-lb48.btcguild.com "

But i get no info from this pool.

And ps, i was the second one that did found the block on this pool. it worked fine till i got one then the pool started behave strange with the connection.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:30:12 PM

I'm in EU and tried mining for couple of days, but it keeps disconnecting all the time

Just use solo.ckpool.orgRoll Eyes

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:54:57 PM

I'm in EU and tried mining for couple of days, but it keeps disconnecting all the time

Just use solo.ckpool.org.  Roll Eyes

Or solomining.com  Kiss
landy

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Yeah i know there are others out there.
But i like solopool.net more.
cryptouser

Activity: 247

O__o

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:53:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try
Blaksmith

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 06:41:46 PM

With much sadness, Solopool is going to be closing November 30th. 

Please find an alternative means for solo mining.

goozman96

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:14:02 PM

Good. Seemed like a scam anyway. Never addressed any of my concerns.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Blaksmith

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 01:16:41 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 02:03:43 AM by Blaksmith

Why do you require an email to sign up and why do you send passwords over clear text in emails?

Since you quit mining with solopool back in August of this year (3 - 4 months ago), why are you still even following this thread? And even most banks send your passwords to your email in clear text...

goozman96

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:30:51 AM

Since you quit mining with solopool back in August of this year (3 - 4 months ago), why are you still even following this thread? And even most banks send your passwords to your email in clear text...
Because I'm subscribed to the thread since I made a post in it. What bank do you know of that sends you your password in clear text? That's unheard of.

aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:02:59 AM

I encourage people to try my service is without registration and payments are immediate, from the beginning I wanted to work with solopool but his lack of interest started my own server. The link is in my signature.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: