Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 04:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im creating a new cryptocurrency to use in Cuba. Any ideas?  (Read 215 times)
hypnotic-frog (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:21:08 PM

Hi. Im a software developer who lives in Cuba, and I have being working for a while in a project to run a new cryptocurrency in order to allow cuban people to use epayments. This are my thoughts:

• It cant be bitcoin. I really dont see it. Getting bitcoins in Cuba its really hard. Mostly because almost all exchanges forbid access and operations from the country. Also minning in Cuba is not an option as you might guess. Sad
  • It has to be email/sms driven to end users. Most people in Cuba dont have easy internet access. There are some public Wifis you can use, but they are very localized and the coverage is small. But, most of the cubans have cellphones (without internet), but they have access to email data plans and sms services. All interactions from the users wallets to the blockchain nodes should be ussing those.
  • It has to work partially offline.Like allowing users to sign transactions offline and send them later when online.
  • It has to be 100% without the government support.There is no way the Central Bank of Cuba (and the government) supports a system like this. They have a monopoly over all the financial system and all the operations are closelly monitored.

I have written a whitepaper already, but first I would like to know what other people of the bitcoin compunity might say.

Any ideas, thought, or comment would be really apreciated!
coineye

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

First you should consider similar experience in other countries that launch pilot projects with a cryptocurrency

◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET      BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▰   TOKEN SALE : 09 February - 16 March   
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:33:04 PM

Hi. Im a software developer who lives in Cuba, and I have being working for a while in a project to run a new cryptocurrency in order to allow cuban people to use epayments. This are my thoughts:

• It cant be bitcoin. I really dont see it. Getting bitcoins in Cuba its really hard. Mostly because almost all exchanges forbid access and operations from the country. Also minning in Cuba is not an option as you might guess. Sad
  • It has to be email/sms driven to end users. Most people in Cuba dont have easy internet access. There are some public Wifis you can use, but they are very localized and the coverage is small. But, most of the cubans have cellphones (without internet), but they have access to email data plans and sms services. All interactions from the users wallets to the blockchain nodes should be ussing those.
  • It has to work partially offline.Like allowing users to sign transactions offline and send them later when online.
  • It has to be 100% without the government support.There is no way the Central Bank of Cuba (and the government) supports a system like this. They have a monopoly over all the financial system and all the operations are closelly monitored.

I have written a whitepaper already, but first I would like to know what other people of the bitcoin compunity might say.

I recommend that you look into sonocoin, is an incoming project that can send money as txt, msg, etc...

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:51:17 PM

if the internet network there is not accessible to everyone, I can not imagine how it works. if the intermet can be accessed easily and the entire territory of the country can use the internet, I am sure it will be very easy to get users and educate them about the crypto you will create. maybe for now is not the right time.
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:58:05 PM

I recommend that you look into sonocoin, is an incoming project that can send money as txt, msg, etc...

I just did. Very promissing. But the current presale is 2000SNC min, which is like 3000USD. Same problem to get it as with Bitcoin. Thanks for the reply.
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:07:15 PM

if the internet network there is not accessible to everyone, I can not imagine how it works. if the intermet can be accessed easily and the entire territory of the country can use the internet, I am sure it will be very easy to get users and educate them about the crypto you will create. maybe for now is not the right time.

Internet is not accesible, but intranet access (sites and services inside Cuba) is actually very cheap. Also email services are accesible and cheap as well. I know its not going to be ideal until Internet access becomes extensive, but that could be years away. I was just thinking that in the meantime, maybe the solution should be local.

Thanks for replying. Smiley
rzevskiy

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:14:41 PM

Why to use only in Cuba? If it is not widespread and popular, it has little value
VarDiff

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:15:43 PM

Choose some old, well-tested coin and fork it.

Make your own coin from scratch is a madness. You will waste a lot of time and I'm sure once you will be hacked.
Bitcoin is not good due to transactions speed.

Maybe some privacy-focused coin. like Dash?
If you want to attract users who do not want the government to find out about their links to crypto-currencies.

Nice idea, btw. Good luck to you!
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

Why to use only in Cuba? If it is not widespread and popular, it has little value

Because its a local problem. Im sure that anything that solves a problem, has value.

Maybe not to some people, but it definetely will have value to the 470 000+ turists who arrive to Cuba every month and can't use their Visa, or to the thousands of families who send money from the US to their relatives in Cuba, or to the small bussiness owners who want to be able to use ecommerce inside the island.
bowonakulo

Activity: 378

idap.io

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:38:11 PM

Cuba produces a number of the same commodities, such as tobacco, sugar and coffee, resulting in competition in marketing the commodity to the international market, I think a decentralized agro-business based project with a blockhain network would be good to develop

cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

getting bitcoin is hard in cuba depends on your quote above, but why you want to make a new crypto there,,
are you already prepare for everythings,? maybe you will get problem with the government in cuba

why sonocoin ? are you one of the team member from sonocoin ?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:44:01 PM

Choose some old, well-tested coin and fork it.

Make your own coin from scratch is a madness. You will waste a lot of time and I'm sure once you will be hacked.
Bitcoin is not good due to transactions speed.

Maybe some privacy-focused coin. like Dash?
If you want to attract users who do not want the government to find out about their links to crypto-currencies.

Nice idea, btw. Good luck to you!

My initial propossal was to use Multichain nodes and to extend them to be able to comunicate through email and sms with client wallets. Dash sounds interesting though. I'll definetely check it out.

Thanks for the encouragement!
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:50:59 PM

Cuba produces a number of the same commodities, such as tobacco, sugar and coffee, resulting in competition in marketing the commodity to the international market, I think a decentralized agro-business based project with a blockhain network would be good to develop

Yep. I had some ideas on that too. Cheesy
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:03:30 PM

What about an ICO campaign? Could that be a good idea for funding?  Huh
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:36:04 PM

You could use Byteball in Cuba. It can be sent through email, unlike all other cryptocurrencies. And it has a great wallet which makes it easy to adopt and it doesn't need proof of work.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:59:40 PM

You could use Byteball in Cuba. It can be sent through email, unlike all other cryptocurrencies. And it has a great wallet which makes it easy to adopt and it doesn't need proof of work.

Mail is not really a good idea, at least not without encription and if it is encrypted then is suspicious in Cuba I guess. Besides, how many people there have access to internet as we understand it in the western countries?

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:06:10 PM

As i know Cuba is not a rich country at all, thus your crypto should be affordable to the people. Also to become a real alternative to fiat there should be infrastructure. It means that your crypto needs to be accepted in stores and companires. It's a big problem, because state bank will be against it.
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:11:25 PM

Hum. Never heard of it. I just red the whitepaper. Quite interesting aproach! Have to tryit and run some local tests to see if it works here. Cheesy Thanks for the suggestion.
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:22:28 PM

Mail is not really a good idea, at least not without encription and if it is encrypted then is suspicious in Cuba I guess. Besides, how many people there have access to internet as we understand it in the western countries?

I know email is not idea choice, but saddly, email and SMS' are the only services users can use in their smartphones to interact with the network if they are not connected to a public Wifi.
Email can be encrypted though. I think that would be no problem. 
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:08:15 PM

As i know Cuba is not a rich country at all, thus your crypto should be affordable to the people. Also to become a real alternative to fiat there should be infrastructure. It means that your crypto needs to be accepted in stores and companires. It's a big problem, because state bank will be against it.

Of course banks will be against. But I know people (bussiness owners, local entrepeneurs, and merchants) will support the project. I mean, I know the Cuban National Bank could be a pain in the ass and give a hell of a fight, but I trust descentralization and broad-acceptance to overcome that.

It happened other times here in Cuba, with the "paquete semanal" and other solutions not aproved by the government. At the end they had to deal with it. Just as it happened with Bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: