Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:11:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of those "hacks" are really "hacks"  (Read 189 times)
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:41:40 PM

I noticed an interesting trend: as soon as the capitalization of the crypto currency is growing at a rapid pace - immediately there are reports of "cracking exchanges by hackers." May be. it's just human greed and the owners of the exchanges only pretend that they were hacked?

This could be human greed and they may name it a hack  Ideally I think that such things only demoralize the people to buy/sell from exchanges but nobody is sure that some other website may take their bitcoin and runaway. Thus some solution should be implemented in order to avoid such things happening in future.

Have you faced any hack issue from your wallet or somewhere in exchange first. Mostly hackers try to hack the exchange site to loot all the funds of traders you have fund in that site. You may hear about nice hash hack also recently done. These will be done most of the time. I have lost some bitcoins using the blockchain wallet from the past 2 years and I lost moly fund when I am try to log in using the Google search option.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackBoxRecords (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:51:20 PM

I noticed an interesting trend: as soon as the capitalization of the crypto currency is growing at a rapid pace - immediately there are reports of "cracking exchanges by hackers." May be. it's just human greed and the owners of the exchanges only pretend that they were hacked?

Perhaps is a question of incentive. If the owner can make more profit by alleging a hack and taking everything is just a question o the weight of a possible criminal prosecution which is unlikely and difficult. Perhaps some exchanges are better than this, but the risk is there.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:08:17 AM

I agree with the the thinking that this might be an inside job, no one will gonna get the courage to hack if they do not know the history of one thing
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:05:17 AM

i dont think these are true hacks.. but i definately believe that these hacks are helped by internal people... as you seen the best example of etherdelta which got its new CEO few days back ... until before that etherdelta was robust to get hacked... but after that new guy came hacking has been done... i feel something fishy with that...and all the other cases

Oh, I did not know that ED had a new CEO. Do you think that the old CEO or team have been involved in an insider job for this?

I know easy Easyhash is not really a true a hack but after reading this, it seems like EtherDelta which is very trusted by me and many people has done it also. It's not just a coincidence and it is certainly been planned along the way.
BlackBoxRecords (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:43:26 PM

This could be human greed and they may name it a hack  Ideally I think that such things only demoralize the people to buy/sell from exchanges but nobody is sure that some other website may take their bitcoin and runaway. Thus some solution should be implemented in order to avoid such things happening in future.

This should really be put on minds that we should only store small amounts of funds on any exchangers or any sites that being used to store up out coins because sooner or later there would really be a chance of hacking incident specially when bitcoins price do reach up high which these kind of possibilities isn't really new anymore this is why we should really set safety measures and awareness regarding on our precious coins.

The problem being that you have to buy in the exchanges and they charge a lot for withdrawals. Some of them like Binance are well known for charging hefty fees, so if you are going to hodl short term is not a good idea to withdraw.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: