Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:19:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously not sub $300 yet?.....  (Read 2590 times)
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:17:09 AM

Another chinese sell off anticipated tmrw I guess. Unless everyone exited in the past 3 days
They have till jan 31 to get their money out, so the exit of capital will happen gradually between now and then.

Most Bitcoins sold already I guess, it would be dumb to wait with the selling if your decided to go out
I agree, the first initial fall has happened and the following declines will be less and less severe or so it would seem...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:43:38 AM

i will sell when the price is NaN
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:01:51 AM

I will buy when the price won't be a silent NaN.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Ludwig Von Mises

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:33:12 AM

Where did you get this information about "Jan 31 to get their money out?"  I live in China, and trade bitcoin in btcchina (and OTC).  I have not seen this information, and I read Chinese.  I think this is FUD.

Regardless, the big players in China will use local and OTC transactions anyway...  better to be anonymous when you are stashing your "hong bao"  (red envelopes, aka "bribes")  and evading capital controls  Grin

Governments and banksters can and will fight bitcoin ... they may slow down the adoption curve by making it inconvenient for casual users, but they cannot stop bitcoin !

Here is the official statement (nd translation) on btcchina website:
---
Dear bitcoin China (BTC China) users: due to well-known reasons, bitcoin China (BTC China) had to temporarily freeze the recharging function, bitcoin charging, coins and currency are not affected, bitcoin China (BTC China) will continue to operate. Please continue to focus on our home page, we will provide other means of recharging. To bring you any inconvenience, we express profound apology. Bitcoin China (BTC China) 2013.12.18
---
亲爱的各位比特币中国(BTC China)用户:由于众所周知的原因,比特币中国(BTC China)不得不暂时停止人民币充值功能,比特币充值、比特币提现和人民币提现不受影响,比特币中国(BTC China)会继续运营。请大家继续关注我们的主页,我们会尽快提供其他的充值途径。给您带来的不便,我们在此表达深深的歉意。比特币中国(BTC China)2013.12.18

Another chinese sell off anticipated tmrw I guess. Unless everyone exited in the past 3 days
They have till jan 31 to get their money out, so the exit of capital will happen gradually between now and then.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4448

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:39:21 AM

Where did you get this information about "Jan 31 to get their money out?"  I live in China, and trade bitcoin in btcchina (and OTC).  I have not seen this information, and I read Chinese.  I think this is FUD.

Regardless, the big players in China will use local and OTC transactions anyway...  better to be anonymous when you are stashing your "hong bao"  (red envelopes, aka "bribes")  and evading capital controls  Grin

Governments and banksters can and will fight bitcoin ... they may slow down the adoption curve by making it inconvenient for casual users, but they cannot stop bitcoin !

---
Dear bitcoin China (BTC China) users: due to well-known reasons, bitcoin China (BTC China) had to temporarily freeze the recharging function, bitcoin charging, coins and currency are not affected, bitcoin China (BTC China) will continue to operate. Please continue to focus on our home page, we will provide other means of recharging. To bring you any inconvenience, we express profound apology. Bitcoin China (BTC China) 2013.12.18
---
亲爱的各位比特币中国(BTC China)用户:由于众所周知的原因,比特币中国(BTC China)不得不暂时停止人民币充值功能,比特币充值、比特币提现和人民币提现不受影响,比特币中国(BTC China)会继续运营。请大家继续关注我们的主页,我们会尽快提供其他的充值途径。给您带来的不便,我们在此表达深深的歉意。比特币中国(BTC China)2013.12.18

How dare you contradict FUD and panicking with actual facts!   Cheesy
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

I'm buying back into bitcoin when the price is an irrational number. 
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:47:27 AM

I think there's gonna be a gradual decline till it starts rising again in the new year

emanymton

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:44:50 AM

---
---

As far as I know this hasn't been confirmed yet but all the other parts about the rumour which people screamed FUD about have now been confirmed.
Ludwig Von Mises

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:03:24 AM

Wrong.  The problem was a technical one:  the payment processor the china bitcoin exchanges used to xfer to the banks can no longer trade bitcoin.  So the exchanges scrambled to come up with alternatives.  Two of the china exchanges started accepting RMB again from banks and wire transfer already today (huobi.com and chbtc.com), and btcchina is expected to have their solution ready soon, per their website.

Once again people panic sell on rumor and FUD.

So, I suggest loading up on cheap bitcoin before the news trickles out to the world that China did not, in fact, ban bitcoin !   Grin

emanymton

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:34:49 AM

Wrong.  The problem was a technical one:  the payment processor the china bitcoin exchanges used to xfer to the banks can no longer trade bitcoin.  So the exchanges scrambled to come up with alternatives.  Two of the china exchanges started accepting RMB again from banks and wire transfer already today (huobi.com and chbtc.com), and btcchina is expected to have their solution ready soon, per their website.

Once again people panic sell on rumor and FUD.

So, I suggest loading up on cheap bitcoin before the news trickles out to the world that China did not, in fact, ban bitcoin !   Grin

I never once said that, we'll see how this plays out.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: