Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market has peaked, sell off incoming.  (Read 13709 times)
grabble (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

Today we will have low trading volume, it will be back and forth. Saturday a big sell off is coming, not sure where it will end up. The market will recover into a small up-trend Sunday and Monday but we might be looking at another long-climb back to where we are now. It could take weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:55:50 PM

Today we will have low trading volume, it will be back and forth. Saturday a big whale buy is coming, not sure where it will end up. The market will level off into a small down-trend Sunday and Monday but we might be looking at another long-descent back to where we are now. It could take weeks.

I love this specuating business...
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:25:15 PM

So... today is much like yesterday?
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:37:52 PM

Today we will have low trading volume, it will be back and forth. Saturday a big whale buy is coming, not sure where it will end up. The market will level off into a small down-trend Sunday and Monday but we might be looking at another long-descent back to where we are now. It could take weeks.

Unless you're the whale, you don't know they will buy tomorrow. What is your basis on this? Not bearish, just curious.

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:39:49 PM

So... today is much like yesterday?

and tomorrow will be like today
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:52:57 PM

Can't wait to sell into that queue. Great idea OP!

/s

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:22:12 PM

It is quite possible he could be the dumbest whale in existence (by disclosing his intentions)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:51:29 PM

A couple million or more is finally being refunded right now to people that had money in Bitfloor. (Some refunds have already been accounted for) Obviously these same people have an interest in Bitcoin.  I speculate that some of the refunds will be put back into Bitcoin, or orders will be placed for Bitcoin.  Of course I am not sure what trading platform they will use but regardless this might help keep prices stable or even move up a bit this weekend.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
grabble (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:48:42 PM

Unless you're the whale, you don't know they will buy tomorrow. What is your basis on this? Not bearish, just curious.

My speculation is based on DXY and Gold spot price H1 and H4 and a bit of intuition. I've been remarkably successful at predicting the market for the last few weeks using this method and all signs point to a sell off on Saturday. If there is a whale going to buy they are going to lose a lot of money. I'm thinking that the whales are actually investment firms or people with investment experience and they should know this as much as I do that right now is not a good time to buy.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:59:04 PM

A couple million or more is finally being refunded right now to people that had money in Bitfloor. (Some refunds have already been accounted for) Obviously these same people have an interest in Bitcoin.  I speculate that some of the refunds will be put back into Bitcoin, or orders will be placed for Bitcoin.  Of course I am not sure what trading platform they will use but regardless this might help keep prices stable or even move up a bit this weekend.

I think it's fair to assume that if you're buying you're not going to buy on Gox, when you can buy much lower on the other exchanges.  I would expect most of this fiat to show up on Bitstamp, BTC-e and CampBX.  My guess anyway.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:58:22 PM

~ $92.50 then we run for $104

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Tzupy
Legendary

Merit: 1074

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:07:37 PM

I love this speculating business...

The whale buyer may be golfing tomorrow, or have two blondes in bed tonight and forget about the next buy, I'm not sure he'll buy tomorrow, but I'll be ready if he does.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:10:05 PM

My understanding is that most of the whales have moved to KrillCoin.  Lips sealed

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:24:47 AM

Sorry, don't believe it.

I think it can only go higher from here.
grabble (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 07:57:16 AM

Yes, yes down my precious. It's beginning we are already at $93 we will see how much damage today will do. I would be looking for a bottom tomorrow as the recovery should start tomorrow and continue into next week.
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:56:43 AM

You were correct about the drop, but for now it hasn't gained momentum. Market sell orders aren't following this drop,
so if the droppers want to persuade the market to drop down where they can buy back and make a profit, they'll
have to make another dump below 91.6, and I don't see this happening (well, not yet, as I write this). To compensate
for the lack of strength of this drop, the dumpers may resort to spreading rumors, to make this drop a self-fulfilling prophecy.

grabble (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:28:30 AM

I highly suspect that today we will play the one step forward two steps back game, it's going to be a gradual decent back to the low 90s if it touches 91 there will be another sell off from people trying to cut a profit and wait for the 80s to buy back in as this rally really started around 89.

I'm surprised at how little actual informed speculation goes on in this forum. These are solid market principles not me just saying stuff based on my emotions.

The day has just begun on the east coast and once people wake up in America you'll see the real action begin around noon EST.

Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:21:37 PM

I did a little math, and here's what I found out:
The dumpers sold at an average of 94.5 - 95, about 4,000 - 5,000 BTC, so if they want to break even they
have to buy 4,000 -5,000 BTC at 94 - 94.5 (difference due to fees). And currently they have no chance.
Unless the dumps continue down to 91.5, there won't be a large market movement downwards.

MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:48:49 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 02:31:53 PM by MoreFun

They are not doing this to profit few pennies but to profit few tens percentage. They do not need to buy back in one day, they can buy back in 1 month when price will be lower xy%.
grovestr

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

If whales could withdraw money from mtgox, we would see the bottom sooner. It's about fear of losing money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: