Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:00:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Physical Litecoins by the Litecoin Foundation  (Read 8276 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:33:37 AM

Looking forward to it.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:20:54 AM

Good news!
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:25:04 AM

Watching with interest!
sickboy314

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:33:14 AM

Can't wait to see these  Grin
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 08:22:20 PM

It is very exciting to be sure...  With each new problem, it inspires inventive folks rise to the challenges.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
1krona

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:12:40 PM

Cool, I'm really looking forward for these ones
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 01:15:15 PM

Goat,
Any updates for us on these coins?!?!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:38:43 PM

Goat,
Any updates for us on these coins?!?!

The coins and the holograms have been ordered. We need to wait until they both come in then hopefully shortly after that we can start selling.

We are working on a coin that will hold BTC as well and also have the new security measure that will be found in the Litecoin version.

Pretty interesting stuff if it all works out Smiley

I will update when I can.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 08:02:02 PM

i would like to suggest that when there is a conference with litecoin holders at a conference that we start a new tradition buy playing for chickens with the Looping Louie game which actually has tokens with chickens on them (people would be able to buy chickens for LTC to play)

perhaps there could be a raffle for 1 physical coin to all participants

the game also goes well with drinking, but we could seperate into drinking and non-drinking groups
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:40:08 PM

i would like to suggest that when there is a conference with litecoin holders at a conference that we start a new tradition buy playing for chickens with the Looping Louie game which actually has tokens with chickens on them (people would be able to buy chickens for LTC to play)

perhaps there could be a raffle for 1 physical coin to all participants

the game also goes well with drinking, but we could seperate into drinking and non-drinking groups

This is so random and off topic but i love it.

Im sure this could work out. Lets make a new thread for the details Wink

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:22:50 PM

Any updates? Lol it's been a while

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:58:02 PM

Any updates? Lol it's been a while

The delay is in the manufacturing of the coin. The new thing we want to do has never been done and really their timeline has not ever been kept. Sadly I can not mint these by myself and my hands are tied.

The rest of the stuff is more or less ready to go.

I really really hope this is done by Christmas

Trolling
bitbollox

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:01:15 PM

Hi did the physical coins ever get made? if so is there any left I know Im late to the party but Im just getting in to crypto coins I already have a coin collection dating back to the 18th century (English GBP) and thought a futuristic one would be a good edition is there a link to a site or is it to late and I have to risk ebay?
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:50:04 PM

Hi did the physical coins ever get made? if so is there any left I know Im late to the party but Im just getting in to crypto coins I already have a coin collection dating back to the 18th century (English GBP) and thought a futuristic one would be a good edition is there a link to a site or is it to late and I have to risk ebay?

Still designing/making the dies for them to be minted. This is sadly a part of the project I cant do myself.

The certificates and holograms are done and waiting, the silver has been purchased.

Hope to get them out soon.

Thx

Trolling
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:56:29 AM

I am excited for an affordable physical Litecoin.

I do believe the Lealana coins are absolutely gorgeous, but I am also a business owner, and I know what price gouging is.  There's an unspoken markup above wholesale that's considered ethical.  There's a pretty big gray area as well.  But those coins are above and beyond all the gray area, even.  Super disappointing because they are gorgeous with that silver/blue look.  So icy cool Smiley  

Hope these will be both affordable and beautiful.  

So its been over 6 months already?

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:10:00 PM

I do believe the Lealana coins are absolutely gorgeous, but I am also a business owner, and I know what price gouging is.  There's an unspoken markup above wholesale that's considered ethical.  There's a pretty big gray area as well.  But those coins are above and beyond all the gray area, even.  Super disappointing because they are gorgeous with that silver/blue look.  So icy cool Smiley  

-B-

The hard part, the dies look like they will all be at the mint tomorrow assuming all goes well.

This project is alive and yes, our goal will be to make this coin economical.

Our certificates will be hand printed and really look awesome. Hopefully the coins will match!

Trolling
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:43:38 PM

I do believe the Lealana coins are absolutely gorgeous, but I am also a business owner, and I know what price gouging is.  There's an unspoken markup above wholesale that's considered ethical.  There's a pretty big gray area as well.  But those coins are above and beyond all the gray area, even.  Super disappointing because they are gorgeous with that silver/blue look.  So icy cool Smiley 

-B-

I don't know about that. I thought about minting my own physical coins and the prices from mints were pretty far above "spot". To get a price anywhere close to "spot" required a purchase of a really enormous amount of precious metal up front and a commitment to a large number of coins. At that point the business plan of a physical litecoin/bitcoin company becomes more precious metal speculation and less minting coins, because the value of your stock can fluctuate so dramatically while you're waiting to sell them.

That said- I do have to question the wisdom of loaning the project 25,000LTC to get this done. That's a lot of money. Personally I would imaging that money better spent doing something like getting a working payment processor going, or a litecoin version of blockchain. But thats just me I guess.....

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

more or less retired.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:55:17 PM

I do believe the Lealana coins are absolutely gorgeous, but I am also a business owner, and I know what price gouging is.  There's an unspoken markup above wholesale that's considered ethical.  There's a pretty big gray area as well.  But those coins are above and beyond all the gray area, even.  Super disappointing because they are gorgeous with that silver/blue look.  So icy cool Smiley 

-B-

I don't know about that. I thought about minting my own physical coins and the prices from mints were pretty far above "spot". To get a price anywhere close to "spot" required a purchase of a really enormous amount of precious metal up front and a commitment to a large number of coins. At that point the business plan of a physical litecoin/bitcoin company becomes more precious metal speculation and less minting coins, because the value of your stock can fluctuate so dramatically while you're waiting to sell them.

That said- I do have to question the wisdom of loaning the project 25,000LTC to get this done. That's a lot of money. Personally I would imaging that money better spent doing something like getting a working payment processor going, or a litecoin version of blockchain. But thats just me I guess.....

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Yes, other things are good too:)   Who is to say these are not being worked on as well?

The payment processor issue is not a technical one, but a legal one. Every time a new ruling comes out on crypto we get to pay lawyers to redo what they have done. Fun stuff. Trying to operate legally in the USA is almost economically unfeasible.

Trolling
skybound5

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:23:27 PM

Still nothing on this?  I am curious whether it's even a good idea to use precious metal; that's like printing money on money. It becomes confusing at that point to track the value of the medium on top of the crypto value.

Why not use regular metal coins similar to the ones seen on this site: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Physical-Litecoin-LTC-Collectable-Real-Digital-Coins-Like-Bitcoin-s-little-brother-Round1-Troy-999-Silver/1020505_1620607103.html

We've been using coins like that in the Air Force forever as just simple tokens to be collected. Many of them are of very high quality.

The coins themselves need not be of valuable material in order to serve this purpose. That gives the illusion that the coins are dual purpose and the really shouldn't be. If you want to own silver bullion, buy silver bullion and keep it 'til the apocalypse or hand it down to the next generation.

The only reason I haven't designed my own coin and sent it to be made by a company like makecoins.com is because I wouldn't want them having possession of the secret key. I am looking for other methods. Any guidance?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:36:28 AM

Still nothing on this?  I am curious whether it's even a good idea to use precious metal; that's like printing money on money. It becomes confusing at that point to track the value of the medium on top of the crypto value.

Why not use regular metal coins similar to the ones seen on this site: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Physical-Litecoin-LTC-Collectable-Real-Digital-Coins-Like-Bitcoin-s-little-brother-Round1-Troy-999-Silver/1020505_1620607103.html

We've been using coins like that in the Air Force forever as just simple tokens to be collected. Many of them are of very high quality.

The coins themselves need not be of valuable material in order to serve this purpose. That gives the illusion that the coins are dual purpose and the really shouldn't be. If you want to own silver bullion, buy silver bullion and keep it 'til the apocalypse or hand it down to the next generation.

The only reason I haven't designed my own coin and sent it to be made by a company like makecoins.com is because I wouldn't want them having possession of the secret key. I am looking for other methods. Any guidance?

It doesn't surprise me that Goat has taken this long to get an actual product out.

When he initially penned his first post in this thread it was right after we had a heated discussion in PMs back at the end of July 2013.

Simply put: we do not like each other.

That is okay with me as I was not put on this planet to be friends with everyone.

But I can't help but look back and think his attempt to sell "not-for-profit" physical litecoins and think he posted this thread and intentions to make physical litecoins as an attempt to garner a reaction from me or in other words "troll me". As of today he hasn't produced the coins he claimed he is/was making, as far I am aware. At least they were not ever released on this forum or the litecointalk forum.

I support competition in the physical cryptocoin world as I believe it is healthy, but what I do not support is leading people on to believe you will make a product in a particular timeline and then not meet that timeline at all and also claim they are "not-for-profit" coins and then disregard questions about the legality of the so called "Litecoin Foundation".

Maybe Goat will actually finish his coin project. Hopefully he does. But to date it isn't surprising that nothing has manifested itself in a physical form available to the public.

Note: The link you posted of the coins you mentioned are copies of my coin design and have the misleading notion that they are made of 999 Fine silver and weren't. I'm not 100% sure this is the same thing happening here but one of those pictures is of the same two sided coin that was not made of actual silver yet had the writing "1 troy oz 999 Fine Silver".

Hi All,

I have been a long time supporter of physical crypto and I am a strong supporter of Mike Caldwell's (Casascius) physical Bitcoins. I hold a significant amount and own at least one of every coin he has made. I think his efforts have done well for BTC and we would like to do the same for LTC. Since we are pretty much going to be copying his work, I just wanted to give credit to where it was due.

In order to promote LTC I and a few other key LTC supporters feel that an affordable physical Litecoin should be available to the community. We will be doing this project at cost, it will not be for profit. That means you will be able to get the lowest priced physical LTC that can be made.

For example we expect to be able to make the base 1 oz silver coins with the holograms for less than $35. Our goal will be $30 or less. This means the base silver coin and hologram will cost the buyer only 13 LTC or less, plus the face value of the coin.

We will be minting 1/10th, ½, and 1oz .999 fine silver rounds with different denominations. We will also be selling an especially low cost item with no metal (think credit card) for the absolute lowest cost physical LTC. This will be made in the range of 1 to 1000 LTC for the easiest and cheapest way to transport LTC physically.

We have the funding and we have our suppliers set up, all we need from the community is for you to tell us exactly what you want. We think we have a pretty good idea but if we can improve on anything Mike has done please let us know.

Also are you an artist? Want to design a coin or card? Please contact me A.S.A.P.

We are not taking preorders, you can not reserve orders at this time, and we expect to be shipping in 2 to 3 months. We will only be accepting LTC as payment. Also prices are subject to change and will match our real costs.

Thank you all for your support.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: