Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:41:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Physical Litecoins by the Litecoin Foundation  (Read 8276 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:15:24 AM

Hi Goat,

Congratulations on your project!  Looking forward to purchasing each.

Coincidentally Smiley in response to requests from the community (and some rather assertive demands) we'll also be joining in the effort to support the community of Bitcoin and alternate cryptocurrencies with physical precious metal pieces.
Ours are significantly different than what you propose, and are complementary, and so not in competition.

Formal announcement and display of the first strike mintings will be next week, announced at OHM2013 conference in the Netherlands, but this will be followed by announcements here and an exclusive offering for collectors.

Our offering is foremost intended to be "pocket-friendly" and permanently useful transactionally rather than making use of a one-time security hologram, so a different market focus.

Having been in the minting and precious metals business for quite some time, we are happy to offer any advice or expertise in evaluating designs, production and supply partners and assist you in your efforts as you like.  If you are seeking to reduce costs, we can surely assist with that as evidenced by our pieces being consistently offered at premiums far below others.  (Though those that buy ours tend to mark them up greatly on eBay and elsewhere).

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

Be interested in knowing the planned country of manufactor?
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:27:59 PM

Be interested in knowing the planned country of manufactor?

Odds are the silver will be minted in the USA.

The keys will odds are be made in the USA as well.

Thanks.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:34:25 PM

Good luck Goat,

I think Smoothie's prices are outrageous, so perhaps I will buy a physical Litecoin here instead. I am looking forward to seeing the designs! Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Take it easy,

Ch
Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:41:17 PM

Yea, this sounds much better than smoothies, his prices are just retarded, plus its not set up or run well at all, I truly feel bad for those who bought from him...

I will get some of these, these will be the real physical litecoins.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 03:46:09 PM

i liked smoothies coins very well and he was first and had alot of work and no, i dont get a penny from him.

of course it could be cheaper and i prefer this but deleeting my last post is not a good first sign for a "Foundation", isnt it?  Roll Eyes

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:52:49 PM

i liked smoothies coins very well and he was first and had alot of work and no, i dont get a penny from him.

of course it could be cheaper and i prefer this but deleeting my last post is not a good first sign for a "Foundation", isnt it?  Roll Eyes

You can talk about Smoothies coins here in this thread, however please stay polite and on topic.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:49:56 AM

Sounds good  Cheesy

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:55:07 AM

this sounds good

as always how do you know the private key is only in the coin

and all other copy's of the private key have been destroyed.

That is always a very good question when dealing with physical coins. Trust is a huge issue here. To be honest we are trying very hard to come up with a process that is safer and more securer than the traditional way that requires trust. However at this time we do not have anything set up.

We have also thought about having someone extremely trusted in the community to crate the keys and sticker for us but right now nothing has been worked out.

I am very open to other ideas.

Thank you.

How about you work with a redeem code? You add a code that can be redeemed at a site, where you also enter your wallet address. When the code is redeemed the coins are sent to the address of the user. If a code was already redeemed, you can use the logs to find out what happened.

Or am I missing something here?
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:07:02 PM

LOL

to everyone who bought the third party LTC coins.

This at least has a somewhat tied connection to the coin.

Nobody ever heard of the Litecoin Foundation, I really don't see what makes this less of a third party than Smoothie.
And which tied connection to the coin are you talking about?

I'll watch this and if they can provide the quality Smoothie provides, I'll definitely buy some. But your reasoning really doesn't make sense.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:20:26 PM

LOL

Nobody ever heard of the Litecoin Foundation, I really don't see what makes this less of a third party than Smoothie.
And which tied connection to the coin are you talking about?

I'll watch this and if they can provide the quality Smoothie provides, I'll definitely buy some. But your reasoning really doesn't make sense.

Litecoinfoundation.org should not have any credibility in the community or at least there is no reason to trust us. The only other public act we have ever done was donate 2,000 LTC to the Litecoin Project a.k.a The LTC dev team. We are looking for a solution where we do not need to be trusted at all but so far we lack a plan.

We are working on getting a very high level of quality but still keeping the cost reasonable. Our coin will not be a copy of anything on the market.  I think what it will come down to in the end is personal taste on what coin design one likes best.

Trolling
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:39:53 AM

LOL

Actually the litecoin foundation is not associated with the litecoin dev team. So they are technically not '1st party' coins.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:45:44 AM

LOL

Actually the litecoin foundation is not associated with the litecoin dev team. So they are technically not '1st party' coins.

That is true.

The Litcoin Foundation has made a no strings attached 2,000 LTC donation to The Litecoin Project (dev team) but other than that, we are not connected in any way.

However with crypto there really is no such thing as a "1st party" coin. In the end we will have to trust someone. If you guys can figure out a way we can do this with out any trust needed that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Trolling
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:12:24 AM

It really is a misrepresenation of who and what you are....

Good luck but please state it cleary who you are and stop the bullshit about smoothie's coins are un-official which is so NOT TRUE !!

Start this the right way and for the right reasons ...so far this is not the best of starts !

I support anybody who adds value to Litecoin !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:22:42 AM

It really is a misrepresenation of who and what you are....

Good luck but please state it cleary who you are and stop the bullshit about smoothie's coins are un-official which is so NOT TRUE !!

Start this the right way and for the right reasons ...so far this is not the best of starts !

I support anybody who adds value to Litecoin !

There is no such thing as "official or un-official" coins. I have never made this claim.

I have nothing against other people making physical Litecoins, I respect the free market.  However this thread is not about other people and what they might be doing.

Please stay on topic.

Trolling
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:22:03 PM

i liked smoothies coins very well and he was first and had alot of work and no, i don't get a penny from him.

of course it could be cheaper and i prefer this but deleting my last post is not a good first sign for a "Foundation", isn't it?  Roll Eyes

As a coin collector, and maker, the more the merrier!  It would be awesome to have a lower cost piece.  Just that alone could make it more likely to circulate.  I love that potential.  Also I'm aware of the work that can go into a piece, as well as the shortcuts available.  There is a lot of room in the physical crypto coin space.  I hope to contribute to that as much as possible and am open to working with anyone that is interested in improving the available offerings.

One of my first fascinations with coins came as a child.  I had a whole bunch of coins from all over the world and I would engage my childlike mind for hours on end making up stories of the people that would have used the coin and what they could have bought with it.  Weaving tales of how it came into my possession through the years of circulation was a delightful bit of creativity that also led me to research much more of the world  than many of my peers in childhood.

The same can be done with the block chains, and the localization of IP addressing and imagining where and who might have used the coins, and for what.  My adult mind also engages destroying the imagined and uses block chain links for forensic fact finding when called to do so, but I would be a fool if I didn't acknowledge the origin of this fascination.

Exciting times, both numismatically as well as for Bitcoin and Litecoin.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
samfisher

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:22:25 PM

to be honest: its a big performance for such a "foundation" to ruin their repuatation within some weeks in this way. horrible communication and intransparent structure. then the event with coblees name and the "strange" donation...
thats very poor until now and it will take alot of effort for "them"(?) to get their repuatation back. sad.

and: why did you post everything in bitcointalk and not also in the litecoin forum?! your name is LITECOIN Foundation isnt it?! strange way.

They do https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,5223.0.html

*Link Removed*
LitecoinFoundation (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:47:04 PM

Please try to keep on topic. There will be a thread about the Litecoin Foundation soon. If you do not want to wait, please make your own thread. Thank you.
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:07:59 PM

Any more news on these physical litecoins?
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:27:25 PM

Any more news on these physical litecoins?

Design on the silver has been done and should be pretty awesome. There is something about it that will make it pretty tamper resistant.

We are just now finalizing the design on the hologram.

This has taken a bit longer than expected however we want to have the highest quality and we want to get it right from the start.

Thanks.

Trolling
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: