Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:50:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One Temp Chip Missing Antminer S9...  (Read 240 times)
MMMining21 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Hello, I just bought an Antminer S9, it was running fine for 3 days, decided to change the wire for a better wire since the one I had wasnt really good. I turned it back on now and I saw that one Temp Chip is missing, so basically im doing 9-10THs instead of 14THs... Anyone know why is this happening? Thank you.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:51:43 AM

Hello, I just bought an Antminer S9, it was running fine for 3 days, decided to change the wire for a better wire since the one I had wasnt really good. I turned it back on now and I saw that one Temp Chip is missing, so basically im doing 9-10THs instead of 14THs... Anyone know why is this happening? Thank you.
Probably a board failed? That happens a lot.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:06:10 AM

That's most likely the case. Seeing how the Antminer S9 has such high hashboard failure rates it's not really a surprise.

The only thing you can do in this case is accept it or contact Bitmain to RMA it. I'm not sure what Bitmain's policy for hashboard failures is though because I personally haven't had to RMA anything.
You should take into consideration the amount of time it will take to return it and get a new one as well if you decide to do that.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:09:28 AM

U mean u change the ethernet wire?

Change it back to the old ethernet wire.
I had a hashboard show up after a better ethernet wire was used. Weird but true and this happened on 2 different miners!!

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
dlezama

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:13:21 AM

That's most likely the case. Seeing how the Antminer S9 has such high hashboard failure rates it's not really a surprise.

The only thing you can do in this case is accept it or contact Bitmain to RMA it. I'm not sure what Bitmain's policy for hashboard failures is though because I personally haven't had to RMA anything.
You should take into consideration the amount of time it will take to return it and get a new one as well if you decide to do that.
Paying for a repair is another option. In bitmain site it says the S9 you need to ship the entire unit, I won't do that. I opened a ticket with them but it's moving slowly. Meanwhile I'm trying bitmainwarranty.com and I'll report back what happened with them. I may need to pay $250-$300 for the repair though Sad In case another board fails I probably will have bitmains response by then  Angry
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:46:21 PM

My board appeared after i changed ethernet wire and this was also the case for woodginns. I know it sounds silly. I changed a right angled one to a normal higher quality piece.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
dlezama

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:07:16 PM

My board appeared after i changed ethernet wire and this was also the case for woodginns. I know it sounds silly. I changed a right angled one to a normal higher quality piece.
Please stop this nonsense already. You posted this BS 10s of times.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:33:19 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 11:44:22 AM by Sandal_Hat

Please stop this nonsense already. You posted this BS 10s of times.

It isnt nonsense and it has worked for at least 3 people now. I have tested and it is the ethernet wire for that miner. I thrown it away and bought quality ones. Before that, I have resetted multiple times (all 3 reset types), changed to 2 new bitmain PSUs and new psu cable. That didnt work. It is that ethernet wire. For some odd reason, lower quality ethernet wire can cause the miner to only show 2 hashboards.

MMMining21 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:26:18 PM

It worked!!! Changed the Ethernet cable and the chip went back on... thanks a lot guys!
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:37:59 PM

It worked!!! Changed the Ethernet cable and the chip went back on... thanks a lot guys!

I see. Glad it worked for u too man. Welcome

MMMining21 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:05:22 PM

I see. Glad it worked for u too man. Welcome
Thank you so much!! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: