Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Stuck Transaction: Advice, Help and Ridicule Needed  (Read 119 times)
ikoki (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:27:31 AM

Hello folks

Long time listener, first time caller Tongue

So, yesterday I (very stupidly) sent two transactions in quick succession from my mycelium wallet with stupidly  Roll Eyes low tx fees (250/byte) Each tx was to a different exchange, and both tx show on that exchange as unconfirmed.

At first I thought well they're just going to take a long time given how busy the network is but I'm at 13 hours now with 0 transactions. I had a look on blockchain, but to be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure how to interpret what it is I'm seeing. I do think there is more of an issue than just the low fee though.

Would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at the transactions and then eli5 to me the error of my ways...

6746103b456b8fa7d5c94a7c65f582aad0c8ec22bfe6aa1121c27629f5b7011d

2b0add19cfd5347ed2975977d0bba0697c9a1ac7169138413bbddc107d17c87d

Is it just be a case of waiting until it's forgotten by the network?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16541

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:48:00 AM

So, yesterday I (very stupidly) sent two transactions in quick succession from my mycelium wallet with stupidly  Roll Eyes low tx fees (250/byte) Each tx was to a different exchange, and both tx show on that exchange as unconfirmed.
250 sat/byte isn't low Tongue In fact, it's rediculously high already, but unfortunately transactions are jammed to the point that you need FOUR times more than this now!

At first I thought well they're just going to take a long time given how busy the network is but I'm at 13 hours now with 0 transactions. I had a look on blockchain, but to be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure how to interpret what it is I'm seeing. I do think there is more of an issue than just the low fee though.
Your transaction looks fine, but it won't confirm any time soon. Maybe on a quiet Sunday. If you're in a hurry you could export your private keys and go through the hassle of double spending. If you're not in a hurry, I suggest to just wait it out.

Would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at the transactions and then eli5 to me the error of my ways...
This isn't going to help you now, but are you using the latest version of Mycelium? Mine suggests a "Normal" fee of 900 sat/byte at the moment, so unless you manually went lower, it should have used a high fee.

Is it just be a case of waiting until it's forgotten by the network?
That's what I would do Smiley

For these low amounts, I don't dare make a transaction now. I refuse to pay 0.003BTC in fee for a 0.016BTC transaction.
I just wait and see if it gets lower again at some point. When I started with Bitcoin, I used to make 40 times more transactions than I do now. It's seriously flawed at the moment, 40 transactions a month costs more than driving a new car now!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ikoki (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:06:01 PM

@sbtcwallet

Thanks for the suggestion. I did submit the hash id to a couple of the free accelerators yesterday. Viabtc wasn't accepting new requests at the time. And btc.com quoted $112 per transaction to move things along. I decided to skip that one...

@LoyceV

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it!

Yes 250/byte is still crazy ridiculous I agree, i just relative to the current state of affairs. Mycelium is up to date, I was frankly just chancing my arm by setting the tx that low...400 had been clearing for me earlier.

Not in a hurry as such, although there is a lot of opportunity to trade at the moment, so it's a pity have it stuck in limbo!

So in terms of the transactions themselves,  I'm a little fuzzy on how this works. Am I right in thinking that the first tx id I posted is actually a child of the second and that one tx was sent direct to the exchange and the second was placed in a new wallet before being sent? also what is an unconfirmed input?

Again you so much for taking the time to reply!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16541

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 06:15:36 PM

So in terms of the transactions themselves,  I'm a little fuzzy on how this works. Am I right in thinking that the first tx id I posted is actually a child of the second and that one tx was sent direct to the exchange and the second was placed in a new wallet before being sent? also what is an unconfirmed input?
You're right here.
First: 6746103b456b8fa7d5c94a7c65f582aad0c8ec22bfe6aa1121c27629f5b7011d
Second: 2b0add19cfd5347ed2975977d0bba0697c9a1ac7169138413bbddc107d17c87d
Mycelium uses a new address for change (just like most wallets do). Basically, you posted them in the wrong order (it's a bit confusing), as your second txid is the first transaction you made, and your first txid is the second transaction you made.
Since the first transaction you made isn't confirmed yet, it's change is also unconfirmed. That unconfirmed change is used for the next transaction, hence the term "unconfirmed input".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gitmo234

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:17:34 PM

i had a similar problem and what appears to have worked for me so far is taking my backup phrase and restoring my wallet into a different wallet (exodus) paying a higher fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: