Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mandatory Update to Nuggets (NUGs) 1.0.1! Get your VGB - Vlad Golden Blocks  (Read 5917 times)
diatonic

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:50:15 AM

What is the dealio?  The Golden Blocks are around the corner and nobody sees this?

Vlad! I have in my posession the only VGB block mined to date. Proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260512.msg2835054#msg2835054

I'm selling it for 1 BTC.

Or 5 BTC for the historic wallet. I'll include a certificate of authenticity.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2835187#msg2835187

P.S. I'm open to prices containing 7s and 3s.

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:58:10 AM

Of course.  I keep the 1.57 million coins to make the miner's coin a better coin via bounties and I'm a crook.  I give all the coins away to prove I'm not a scammer and I do it differently so people can enjoy a real giveaway and to hope they'll chip in for bounties (which hotcold has) and then I'm still a bad guy.

Good guys don’t premine. Period. The right thing you could do is restart the blockchain without premine in the beginning. Now it’s too late.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:02:08 AM

There is really no point, other than to either pre-mine or insta-mine.

For anything else there are dozens of coins already at one's fingertips so to speak, no point eating up even more resources and increasing system-administration tasks by running yet another shitcoin clone. Just how many of these things can one run on a single PC anyway?

Pretty soon people will have to start saying like oh dear gotta sell last week's new coins because their blockchains are growing and/or their transaction-out collections in RAM are growing, lets sell the lot to buy a piece of the genesis block of today's new coin, to save disk space, RAM and bandwidth...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:16:38 AM

They know in advance exactly which blocks will be golden, so why waste hashing on the non-golden ones? Let suckers do the grunt-work of mining the non-golden blocks, then just jump in and grab the golden one, thanks suckers, see ya next time you get the network up to a golden one for me...

-MarkM-

True enough, it is trivial to check if the next NUG block will be a golden block.  And the same goes for all the other coins that seed randomness with the previous block hash.

However it may be a bit non-trivial to get a hopping system in place?   Especially with networks with fast blocks.

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:42:06 AM

What is the dealio?  The Golden Blocks are around the corner and nobody sees this?

Vlad! I have in my posession the only VGB block mined to date. Proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260512.msg2835054#msg2835054

I'm selling it for 1 BTC.

Or 5 BTC for the historic wallet. I'll include a certificate of authenticity.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2835187#msg2835187

P.S. I'm open to prices containing 7s and 3s.

so I'm guessing that the VGB every 2 hours hasn't materialised?
what was that like 300 blocks ago....
hotcoldcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:56:53 PM

so I'm guessing that the VGB every 2 hours hasn't materialised?
what was that like 300 blocks ago....

(must be those magic holy numbers changing on us!)

bitclock

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

NXL4wDau9Bc7WZd46PKqRz9ADTZGgoj5CL

share some nugz!!!

Brother I gave out the whole premine 1.57 million a few days ago in 100,000 blocks.  

The most generous giveaway ever - that's why I'm the first WEV, cause I'm not a DEV.

But I'll send you 100 NUGs but this isn't a faucet just so this doesn't become a fauced thread.  This coin is easy to mine right now, low difficulty, huge Golden Lottery Blocks, should be fun to mine.

The the original thread is one if not the fastest growing threads on the forum.  You'll see why once you start reading it.

I don't wanna bring any drama to this thread.  This is for people to get upgraded so they can mine and not the Golden Blocks.

Thank you to TwoBits for doing all the work and MarkM as well.  Cause I'm an economist and not a programmer.

So 15 people get lucky and everyone else gets a devauled coin - JUNK!

First, your premine was 2.2 million.

Second, bragging about the generosity of a giveaway of ill-gained coins is funny.

Third, the giant giveaway just de-values everyone else's coins. Why should people bother mining when you can get more than a third of the coins in existence just by sucking up to people in a thread? Why would people pay much for nuggets if they're that easy to get? Shouldn't an economist notice this sort of thing? You don't qualify as an economist or a programmer.

Let's color the MOON: Y9SZ5rdJ4xNUyLrn2ThCo8myPCkgLb2KVu
hotcoldcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:29:44 PM

Wouldn't you know it.  Another day, another Super Duper VGB Block.  Now we have 2!

Block 7201 - 2013-07-31 15:04:30 - 10045      

Block 6828 - 2013-07-30 21:52:53 - 10045      

p.s.:  poor Spots hasn't found any "Spotter Blocks" since launch.

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:49:04 PM

share some nugz!!!

Brother I gave out the whole premine 1.57 million a few days ago in 100,000 blocks.  

The most generous giveaway ever - that's why I'm the first WEV, cause I'm not a DEV.

But I'll send you 100 NUGs but this isn't a faucet just so this doesn't become a fauced thread.  This coin is easy to mine right now, low difficulty, huge Golden Lottery Blocks, should be fun to mine.

The the original thread is one if not the fastest growing threads on the forum.  You'll see why once you start reading it.

I don't wanna bring any drama to this thread.  This is for people to get upgraded so they can mine and not the Golden Blocks.

Thank you to TwoBits for doing all the work and MarkM as well.  Cause I'm an economist and not a programmer.

Second, bragging about the generosity of a giveaway of ill-gained coins is funny.

Third, the giant giveaway just de-values everyone else's coins. Why should people bother mining when you can get more than a third of the coins in existence just by sucking up to people in a thread? Why would people pay much for nuggets if they're that easy to get? Shouldn't an economist notice this sort of thing? You don't qualify as an economist or a programmer.

worse than that, now you're supposed to mine all the shit blocks, so that someone running a script can jump in for the bonus blocks....
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:16:53 PM

Wouldn't you know it.  Another day, another Super Duper VGB Block.  Now we have 2!

I would prefer if none are ever found so the price won't be affected by an additional 10k coming out of nowhere. You know, since Spots is actually traded and not just mined to have a discussion with a crazy person

hotcoldcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

I would prefer if none are ever found so the price won't be affected by an additional 10k coming out of nowhere. You know, since Spots is actually traded and not just mined to have a discussion with a crazy person

Well that begs the question: Why did you copy the Nuggets 1.0.0 code to create Spots?   Was it just something a developer did without your knowledge, or was it something you planned?

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:11:07 PM

Well that begs the question: Why did you copy the Nuggets 1.0.0 code to create Spots?   Was it just something a developer did without your knowledge, or was it something you planned?

I liked the other parameters. It's not exactly the same, but we did use the slower block times. Some of his numbers worked well to keep the block count and amount of coins low without offering minimal rewards (like 1 coin per block is what I mean). I wouldn't suggest using it for anything else, and I don't think Vlad realizes how bad his coin is for the pump and dump he's obviously trying to do, but for what we are doing with Spots, it actually works fairly well. I'm not going to keep hijacking his thread, but you'll see once our next big announcement comes August 8th

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 03:33:32 AM

I've been been really busy the last 3 days, I just read that NUGs got 51'd.  Is this true?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 03:37:12 AM

share some nugz!!!

Bitching cause I premined for the sake of having bounty coins now bitching cause I listened to all the bitching and gave all the coins away to the first 16 random people.

Nothing but unhappy bitching here.  I should have said F-you, to everyone who said give the coins back given I didn't spend or profit from a single coin.  They were all for bounties but all the bitching forced me to show I wasn't a scammer and now the same bitches are crying.

diatonic

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:51:16 AM

I've been been really busy the last 3 days, I just read that NUGs got 51'd.  Is this true?

No, not true.

And, three VGB blocks have been found. I got the first one, and the most recent was Nuggets 7311.

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 04:13:50 AM

They know in advance exactly which blocks will be golden, so why waste hashing on the non-golden ones? Let suckers do the grunt-work of mining the non-golden blocks, then just jump in and grab the golden one, thanks suckers, see ya next time you get the network up to a golden one for me...

-MarkM-

True enough, it is trivial to check if the next NUG block will be a golden block.  And the same goes for all the other coins that seed randomness with the previous block hash.

However it may be a bit non-trivial to get a hopping system in place?   Especially with networks with fast blocks.

This is why I specifically asked the programmer, if you look at my emails I posted, that I wanted true random lottery style golden books with a time variable and I specifically said:  to prevent pool jumpers and scammers, including insiders.

So you guys are telling me super blocks and lucky blocks are scams cause people can tell exactly which next block will be the super block - given my Golden Blocks was reportedly not a new idea and it was copied and pasted from those super blocks, which I did not know cause I never heard of them.

If that's the case then a) the programmer I hired failed in yet one more department cause I said I wanted a scammer proof coin and b) where was all the moaning about super and lucky blocks being scam coins since you could predict the next super block cause this is the first I've heard about it.

Are there really no real programmers on here who can make Abuse free., Scammer free Golden Blocks, per my original order?  This is so hard to believe.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:41:37 AM

-MarkM-

This is why I specifically asked the programmer, if you look at my emails I posted, that I wanted true random lottery style golden books with a time variable and I specifically said:  to prevent pool jumpers and scammers, including insiders.

So you guys are telling me super blocks and lucky blocks are scams cause people can tell exactly which next block will be the super block - given my Golden Blocks was reportedly not a new idea and it was copied and pasted from those super blocks, which I did not know cause I never heard of them.

If that's the case then a) the programmer I hired failed in yet one more department cause I said I wanted a scammer proof coin and b) where was all the moaning about super and lucky blocks being scam coins since you could predict the next super block cause this is the first I've heard about it.

Are there really no real programmers on here who can make Abuse free., Scammer free Golden Blocks, per my original order?  This is so hard to believe.

This is why it is useful for you to have elementry level knowledge of how Bitcoin (and clones) work.  The reward to a miner IS PART OF THE BLOCK.  The miner has to know how much the reward is BEFORE they start looking for a block solution.

While this could be radically changed it would require a significant departure to how crypto-currencies work.  Plus any new idea would be untested and would need testing and peer review.  Can it be done possibly although it isn't going to be done for the ($40 ? ) you paid.  The amount you paid was worthy of a clone scamcoin and it was exactly what you got.

To build a new crypto-currency based on novel new concepts?  We are talking hundreds of hours.  It would be rather stupid to do all that for something as gimmicky and useless and random blocks.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:45:01 PM

How could I miss this thread?
Hey Vlad Smiley

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:02:09 AM

How could I miss this thread?
Hey Vlad Smiley

Been wondering where my mocker was.  Lol.

Thanks, deathandtaxes.  That makes sense.  I would have offered more I simply told the guy what I wanted and how much.

I don't know how many hours it takes so I assumed the job would be done right.

A lottery style golden block is not a gimmick it helps the small guy out quite a bit but not if it can be cheated.

Hundreds of hours sounds like a lot, and I can't believe nobody had a problem with the way the super block and lucky block were so easily gamed.

This is why I originally said after hearing about those blocks that my golden blocks would be innovative.  I just didn't imagine them needing the kind of math and programming to deliver gimmick style awards compared to mine which is more like a true lottery where anyone can win at any second and nobody can came the system.

But hundreds of hours just for that one feature, that's crazy.   So I need an Eastern European C++ programmer then.  Cause they make $500 per month if they're good.  In a month I can get 2 really good features programmed and that's well worth $500.

mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:51:33 AM

But hundreds of hours just for that one feature, that's crazy.   So I need an Eastern European C++ programmer then.  Cause they make $500 per month if they're good.  In a month I can get 2 really good features programmed and that's well worth $500.

I vote for Moldovan programmers!

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: