Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mandatory Update to Nuggets (NUGs) 1.0.1! Get your VGB - Vlad Golden Blocks  (Read 5913 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:37:06 AM

But hundreds of hours just for that one feature, that's crazy.   So I need an Eastern European C++ programmer then.  Cause they make $500 per month if they're good.  In a month I can get 2 really good features programmed and that's well worth $500.

I vote for Moldovan programmers!

Lol, they're great and they're basically Romanian too.  I met a few world class hackers while out there 8 months ago.  Man, I wish I would have heard of bitcoin back then.  Sme of these guys work as waiters for $200 per month.  They'd love to get a job programming full-time for $500 and on top of it I'd give them coins too if I could.

But o have to fly out there and that's $1200, and then a other $3,000 in expenses while I'm there.  For that much I can hire a programmer here.

But I may have to go there in a few months to set up my ASICS there and if that's the case then it would a perfect time to find a couple good programmers to help me.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:40:16 AM

But hundreds of hours just for that one feature, that's crazy.   So I need an Eastern European C++ programmer then.  Cause they make $500 per month if they're good.  In a month I can get 2 really good features programmed and that's well worth $500.

Lol, they're great and they're basically Romanian too.  I met a few world class hackers while out there 8 months ago.  Man, I wish I would have heard of bitcoin back then.  Sme of these guys work as waiters for $200 per month.  They'd love to get a job programming full-time for $500 and on top of it I'd give them coins too if I could.

But o have to fly out there and that's $1200, and then a other $3,000 in expenses while I'm there.  For that much I can hire a programmer here.

But I may have to go there in a few months to set up my ASICS there and if that's the case then it would a perfect time to find a couple good programmers to help me.

So you can't even figure out how to mine, but you're pre-ordering ASICs with money you don't have. Smart

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:51:33 AM

So you can't even figure out how to mine, but you're pre-ordering ASICs with money you don't have. Smart

I already paid for the BFL ASICS, that's how it works.

And with those its easy to mine - as BFL has an easy program.  And if I need help, for the price of a sandwich I can a degree programmer come set up anything.  There's lots of talent out there and few jobs.  You see engineers with degrees working delivering pizza.  It's sad.

It was hard buying 1TH of mining rigs, cause I am broke but if I'm right about the Bitcoin ETF, its crucial to buy the rigs now as the wait times will only get longer.  I sold my truck so I hope to buy another 50GH in the next few days.  I'd like to take 2TH to Romania with me but I doubt this second unit will come before November.  Looks like 3-6 months to deliver if you order today.  If Bitcoin goes to $1,000, its gonna be a 1 year wait times.

bob131313

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:11:23 PM

Couple of questions:

What are your long term goals for this coin?

What services need to be put into place to be useful.

-

The superblocks are nuts, but they do make the premine you gave away have less impact.

Also, are you ok. You sound like a Mad Overload in a bad B movie. I can get you some Prozac on SR if you would like.

-Bob
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:12:21 PM

Couple of questions:

-

The superblocks are nuts, but they do make the premine you gave away have less impact.

Also, are you ok. You sound like a Mad Overload in a bad B movie. I can get you some Prozac on SR if you would like.

-Bob

wrong login?
bob131313

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:18:12 PM

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

wrong login?

Not at all. I have been into BTC since before the Sept 2011 crash. Bought in around the 6 dollar mark. Would go all in for BTC if we ever get the stigma to go away. Sadly it is still seen as a darknet idea by the layperson. Never seen much point in having an account on the forums since I just lurked. In april I signed up with the Ripple buzz, but then decided Ripple was useless/scam. Then I got hooked on this AltCoin addiction. I have always been active on reddit, but not so much on this forum.

This is the only account I have here and will be the only one I use.
frobley

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:33:40 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 03:51:55 PM by frobley

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

wrong login?

Not at all. I have been into BTC since before the Sept 2011 crash. Bought in around the 6 dollar mark. Would go all in for BTC if we ever get the stigma to go away. Sadly it is still seen as a darknet idea by the layperson. Never seen much point in having an account on the forums since I just lurked. In april I signed up with the Ripple buzz, but then decided Ripple was useless/scam. Then I got hooked on this AltCoin addiction. I have always been active on reddit, but not so much on this forum.

oh, riiiiight,
well, all the answers to your questions are contained either in this thread, if you bother to read it,
or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.0
and here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260512.0

these questions from someone who is so quick after his 5 posts total here to bid 0.5btc on 35% of NUGs that they know nothing about,
and writes "Will be worth the lulz to see them burn." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265781.msg2849233
You think anyone is going to take you seriously honestly?
bob131313

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:23:30 PM

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

wrong login?

oh, riiiiight,
well, all the answers to your questions are contained either in this thread, if you bother to read it,

these questions from someone who is so quick after his 5 posts total here to bid 0.5btc on 35% of NUGs that they know nothing about,
and writes "Will be worth the lulz to see them burn." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265781.msg2849233

Sadly, the 950,000 with the current super blocks only represents about 7 days of mining. So not sure if burning them will really have any impact. As for taking me seriously, indeed..please don't. The world has enough serious assholes. You will find that I do keep my word and will gladly give any input I have but I will be a bit nonchalant about it.  Over-all I think that the altcoin development has some good use to BTC as a playground for trying new ideas but not impacting/breaking the BTC network, but the sheer level of copy/paste of code has become somewhat cumbersome. I was actually curious if Vlad had any thoughts on it. Well...maybe a little trolling. ;-)

frobley

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:08:55 PM

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

wrong login?

oh, riiiiight,

Sadly, the 950,000 with the current super blocks only represents about 7 days of mining. So not sure if burning them will really have any impact. As for taking me seriously, indeed..please don't. The world has enough serious assholes. You will find that I do keep my word and will gladly give any input I have but I will be a bit nonchalant about it.  Over-all I think that the altcoin development has some good use to BTC as a playground for trying new ideas but not impacting/breaking the BTC network, but the sheer level of copy/paste of code has become somewhat cumbersome. I was actually curious if Vlad had any thoughts on it. Well...maybe a little trolling. ;-)

is that based on the current rate?
block 8038 2013-08-02 14:35:50
block 8037 2013-08-02 11:25:06
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 05:26:25 AM

Everybody hitting the Golden Blocks ok?  I saw one person got an Error.  TIA

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 05:32:56 AM

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

Hey Bob.

Sorry, had a few busy days.

I'm hoping to get enough BTC to add the features I wanted.  The obvious is real golden blocks that are scam proof.

The other features, well, I need to talk them over with the programmer I hire and see which ones are doable, I won't assume it's an easy thing again.  That's all I can say for too many copy cat scammers are lurking. But I'm not giving up on this coin.

As for the slow release Prozac....nah, that's for pussies. I'll take my mental pain and aguish on the edge and like it....and sometimes share it with some well deserving individuals.

P.S.  Sock Puppet Noted.

bob131313

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:04:40 PM

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

Hey Bob.

I'm hoping to get enough BTC to add the features I wanted.  The obvious is real golden blocks that are scam proof.

The other features, well, I need to talk them over with the programmer I hire and see which ones are doable, I won't assume it's an easy thing again.  That's all I can say for too many copy cat scammers are lurking. But I'm not giving up on this coin.

As for the slow release Prozac....nah, that's for pussies. I'll take my mental pain and aguish on the edge and like it....and sometimes share it with some well deserving individuals.

P.S.  Sock Puppet Noted.

You might consider instead of hiring a programmer for btc, asking for help instead.
You can always ask CaptChad, he can share how he has learned to follow the foocoin guide. :-)

Figure if ORB can make if, you can too.  As for the security of the superblocks, no real way around that since blocksize has to be known before you start mining the next block. Only way I can think of doing it is a random script that gets the wallets of all registered miners for an official pool and sends the winner a superblock that way. Wouldn't be part of the mining algo.

Enjoying the hell out of this entire thread. :-)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 08:37:37 PM

Couple of questions:

-

-Bob

Hey Bob.

P.S.  Sock Puppet Noted.

You might consider instead of hiring a programmer for btc, asking for help instead.
You can always ask CaptChad, he can share how he has learned to follow the foocoin guide. :-)

Figure if ORB can make if, you can too.  As for the security of the superblocks, no real way around that since blocksize has to be known before you start mining the next block. Only way I can think of doing it is a random script that gets the wallets of all registered miners for an official pool and sends the winner a superblock that way. Wouldn't be part of the mining algo.

Enjoying the hell out of this entire thread. :-)

Thanks for the advice.

There's gotta be a way to make a real lottery type reward system.  I originally asked for exactly that.  I don't know any programming but I had to take a lot of math I causing stats and calculus and just thinking about it I see it as an fairly simple thing to accomplish theoretically.  I just have no idea how much programming that would take.

Free help would be great but I don't need tips, the stuff I need requires much more programming than some tips I'd have to follow.  And how can I get free help when I can't even get bounty help.  Although twoBits did a lot of work for this coin and never accepted any payment, not even the bounties, which I've never seen before.

There's just such little time to get ahead of the curve, the mass explosion in alt coins which should come on the heels of the Bitcoin ETF launch in the coming months.  So I'm stuck between spending my little savings on buying coins (mainly ixCoin and Devcoin), buying mining rigs (GPU's and but mainly ASICS) and improving this coin. 

I think phase two is nearing so I have to get in line for all the ASICS I can afford to buy right now.  What horrible timing.  Last year I would have easily had over $30,000 to put into ASICS.  So I'll do my best to juggle all 3 and hope for a break where I can jump the peloton before mass adoption ensues at which point only the super rigs will see any real money.

And if you like this thread you'll get a kick out of the original thread which got banned from alt currencies for freedom of speech, err, being off topic.  I never complained - the haters, those I gave full rights to say anything and everything - they were the ones complaining to actually close my own thread down.  Good think saltyspitoon was a rational human being and told everyone they were nuts but that also meant having to my thread to off topic which is too bad.

Thanks and good luck.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 08:42:05 PM

One more thing bob.

Like I tell everyone: buy, mine and hoard all the different coins you can cause I fully expect a Bitcoin ETF and I fully expect Bitcoin to blow past $1,000 before the end of next year which will cause a global mania in alt coins and given the shortage in supply there's gonna be some massive million dollar opportunities in these alt coins.

My top picks to purchase since mining them is pointless are:  Devcoin and ixCoin.  I have been accumulating both and they're both down about 80% in just the 3 months I've been here.  If I had a job I'd buy 2% of ixCoin and at least 250 million devcoins.  For crying outloud, that would only cost a few thousand dollars.  The risk reward is way better than stocks and there's no tax laws for these coins yet (as far as i've seen) which is a huge plus.

As for mining, mine any coins you can and don't sell them.  Just wait 12 months and see what happens.  By then my theories should be either true or totally false. 

Good luck!

bob131313

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:54:44 PM

One more thing bob.

Like I tell everyone: buy, mine and hoard all the different coins you can cause I fully expect a Bitcoin ETF and I fully expect Bitcoin to blow past $1,000 before the end of next year which will cause a global mania in alt coins and given the shortage in supply there's gonna be some massive million dollar opportunities in these alt coins.

My top picks to purchase since mining them is pointless are:  Devcoin and ixCoin.  I have been accumulating both and they're both down about 80% in just the 3 months I've been here.  If I had a job I'd buy 2% of ixCoin and at least 250 million devcoins.  For crying outloud, that would only cost a few thousand dollars.  The risk reward is way better than stocks and there's no tax laws for these coins yet (as far as i've seen) which is a huge plus.

As for mining, mine any coins you can and don't sell them.  Just wait 12 months and see what happens.  By then my theories should be either true or totally false. 

Good luck!

Wow you are golden. Send me your bitfunder username in pm and I will send you a mining bond.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 09:26:53 PM

One more thing bob.

Good luck!

Wow you are golden. Send me your bitfunder username in pm and I will send you a mining bond.

How much is a mining bond?  No need to go through all the trouble.  If you wanna tip something I have various altcoin addresses in my profile for like BTC, DVC, LTC etc. and I really need to get a NUGs address up in the OP for anyone who wants to donate for bounties. 

Thanks, much appreciated.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 11:33:17 PM

Is everyone hitting the golden blocks now?  I'm not seeing any complaints so I'm hoping all is good.

Sorry - I was out of town for a few days but I'm back now if anyone has any questions.

frobley

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:27:15 AM

Is everyone hitting the golden blocks now?  I'm not seeing any complaints so I'm hoping all is good.

Sorry - I was out of town for a few days but I'm back now if anyone has any questions.

welcome back,
the golden blocks are working, albeit less frequently than quoted in the launch thread (I'm trying to read most of it) - should it be around 12 per day?
http://altcha.in/chain/Nuggets shows maybe 1, 2 or 3 per day average.

why so many bitching about a premine? You have given the larger part away.
EMD by block count has a larger premine than NUG, where's the 100 pages of rage there?

surely premined coins are essential for a coins future development, give aways, and as incentives for others to build services etc.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 01:23:29 PM

welcome back,
the golden blocks are working, albeit less frequently than quoted in the launch thread (I'm trying to read most of it) - should it be around 12 per day?
http://altcha.in/chain/Nuggets shows maybe 1, 2 or 3 per day average.

why so many bitching about a premine? You have given the larger part away.
EMD by block count has a larger premine than NUG, where's the 100 pages of rage there?

surely premined coins are essential for a coins future development, give aways, and as incentives for others to build services etc.

You should read the entire Nuggets thread

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:29:06 PM

I already paid for the BFL ASICS, that's how it works.

And with those its easy to mine - as BFL has an easy program.  And if I need help, for the price of a sandwich I can a degree programmer come set up anything.  There's lots of talent out there and few jobs.  You see engineers with degrees working delivering pizza.  It's sad.

It was hard buying 1TH of mining rigs, cause I am broke but if I'm right about the Bitcoin ETF, its crucial to buy the rigs now as the wait times will only get longer.  I sold my truck so I hope to buy another 50GH in the next few days.  I'd like to take 2TH to Romania with me but I doubt this second unit will come before November.  Looks like 3-6 months to deliver if you order today.  If Bitcoin goes to $1,000, its gonna be a 1 year wait times.

you purchased a BLF ASIC ?

wow, just wow.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: