Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:13:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox balance & last price to CSV bot (open source)  (Read 598 times)
poikkeus (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:08:04 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 03:47:54 PM by poikkeus

balancebot (open source: https://github.com/jussirantala/balancebot)
==========

This bot will get your Mt.Gox acount balance and BTC price every X minutes and store them in CSV file. The CSV file can be used to make graph with Excel to compare how well you have traded VS how much bitcoin has risen if you convert the values to percents. It only uses BTC and USD currencies at the moment.

You need Java 1.6 or later.

How to use:
1. Download the bot from https://github.com/jussirantala/balancebot/blob/master/balancebot_release.zip?raw=true
2. Extract files
3. Open goxbot.cfg with a text editor
4. Log in to mt.gox website and create new API key for this bot. It needs rights only for "Get info".
5. Enter API key details to the config file you opened.
6. Change interval to how many minutes you want the bot to wait between getting and saving data
7. Open command line or terminal depending on your operating system and navigate to the folder of extracted files
8. Start the bot with this command: java -jar balancebot.jar
9. Let it run 24/7 (I run it at my Linux server). If you are using linux, you can make it to run on background by starting it like this: screen java -jar balancebot.jar

10. Donate if you like it:
    BTC:   158UQ2niJ6eVQgPsfJaS791s9hBruVWBUU
    LTC:   LauBymAt8Kkz9CLmZ8QA5h8rfV6DACfVSS
    Doge:  DQsANjjfnbBDR42S9NrWfcswRXiFDC9xr1
    PPC:   PF7y9TCDwBGcZkaRGTFPpN3SNM7q69i3Kc

If you get Java errors please do some Google searches first because the bot doesn't have bugs. It also handles network errors.

Graph of my full-auto trading bot (it's good at stop-loss... will come for sale some day Smiley)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: