Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant has my money  (Read 1248 times)
ech0es (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:37:05 PM

Hey guys,

I wanna start out by saying that I am not new to Bitcoins but i am new to this forum.
My problem started monday when i made a $118.95 (including fees) cash deposit at my
local CVS. ZipZap informed me almost instantly that they had processed my money and
that the merchant has been notified to complete the order. Hours and eventually days
passed without my money reaching my wallet. I have emailed Bitinstant's support but
received no response. Before you go copying and pasting a link to their blog, let me say
that im aware that bitinstant has been having problems in recent weeks with cash
deposits. My question is, should i be worried about my money or just frustrated with the
wait? And if anyone has had a similar experience, how long did it take to complete the
transaction? Thanks in advance, guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:42:29 PM

Don't worry and try to contact bitinstant support members here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.7340

Ps: A another guy also posted same problem today.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:50:06 PM

If you made your deposit earlier than today it probably got caught up in the issues we were having with the new site launch.

The good news is we're aware of the backlog and working on fixing it, but if you haven't already done so please open a support ticket so we can log your issue.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:50:53 PM

Your money is not gone. It could be held captive for a while, but one of the few advantages of fiat is that you have legal recourse in such a case. First you will need to figure out who has the money. Is it Moneygram, ZipZap, Bitinstant?

I am also assuming that you are not trying to use a fake identity. If you are that will greatly complicate the matter as you are in violation of the law.

Best of luck man, I think it will be alright.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
srvamin

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:41:31 PM

So I am very concerned to say the least, I made a money-gram deposit from bitinstant Saturday and soon after received an "error has occurred" email. I am a new user of bitinstant and would love to be a return customer if we can get past this bump in the road. I understand that other users are experiencing some of the same issues but I was hoping someone (preferably bitinstant) could give me some true reassurance.

Here is the email that I received almost instantaneously following my money gram:  

Hi
Thank you for using BitInstant!
This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 15 2013 22:41:47, meaning your order has currently failed.
Transaction ID: c9bf0fc7-5e04-42e3-a393-6eaef63c6e4b
If you contact support about this transaction, please reference this number so we can help you more quickly.
Your payment of XXX.XX has NOT yet been transferred to mtgox.
Our customer support agents have been informed of this problem and are currently investigating the problem. An agent will be in touch with you shortly regarding your account and what the next steps are. Until we understand what the issue with your transaction is, we suggest that you avoid creating further orders at BitInstant.com (in case you have entered account numbers incorrectly).
Again, we have automatically created a support ticket about this issue and you do not need to create one manually. We will contact you shortly to help resolve your issue.
Thank you for your patience,
The Bitinstant Team
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:25:01 PM

So I am very concerned to say the least, I made a money-gram deposit from bitinstant Saturday and soon after received an "error has occurred" email. I am a new user of bitinstant and would love to be a return customer if we can get past this bump in the road. I understand that other users are experiencing some of the same issues but I was hoping someone (preferably bitinstant) could give me some true reassurance.

Here is the email that I received almost instantaneously following my money gram:  

Hi
Thank you for using BitInstant!
This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 15 2013 22:41:47, meaning your order has currently failed.
Transaction ID: c9bf0fc7-5e04-42e3-a393-6eaef63c6e4b
If you contact support about this transaction, please reference this number so we can help you more quickly.
Your payment of XXX.XX has NOT yet been transferred to mtgox.
Our customer support agents have been informed of this problem and are currently investigating the problem. An agent will be in touch with you shortly regarding your account and what the next steps are. Until we understand what the issue with your transaction is, we suggest that you avoid creating further orders at BitInstant.com (in case you have entered account numbers incorrectly).
Again, we have automatically created a support ticket about this issue and you do not need to create one manually. We will contact you shortly to help resolve your issue.
Thank you for your patience,
The Bitinstant Team

Fixed, please open a support ticket at support.bitinstant.com to make a claim for any fee refund you are owed
bongwater

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:27:24 PM

Bitinstant scammed me 2 bitcoins!!! Never use them!
srvamin

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:34:46 PM

Well I am truly astonished, Bitinstant support replied back to my post within an hour saying that they have resolved my issue, and after doing some quick math they successfully made the deposit into my account correctly. All I have say is thank you so much bitinstant you guys rock and I will be a return customer for sure. I wish you guys the best luck on your new site to come.

Thanks Again, and to all you haters...give bitisntant a chance...they will not do you wrong.

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:35:42 PM

Bitinstant scammed me 2 bitcoins!!! Never use them!

We have not scammed you, if your order has an issue then it can be fixed, to do so however we need to know the details. Can you provide them to me so I can investigate?
macintosh

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:35:07 PM

I HATE bitinstant, never, ever, ever use them. They do selective scamming
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:10:26 PM

I HATE bitinstant, never, ever, ever use them. They do selective scamming

Got any evidence for that allegation?
If you have an order yourself that failed for whatever reason tell me the details so it can be fixed, but please don't go around making uncalled for accusations.
macintosh

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:20:48 PM

Hey guys,

I wanna start out by saying that I am not new to Bitcoins but i am new to this forum.
My problem started monday when i made a $118.95 (including fees) cash deposit at my
local CVS. ZipZap informed me almost instantly that they had processed my money and
that the merchant has been notified to complete the order. Hours and eventually days
passed without my money reaching my wallet. I have emailed Bitinstant's support but
received no response. Before you go copying and pasting a link to their blog, let me say
that im aware that bitinstant has been having problems in recent weeks with cash
deposits. My question is, should i be worried about my money or just frustrated with the
wait? And if anyone has had a similar experience, how long did it take to complete the
transaction? Thanks in advance, guys!

Welcome to the forums. Im also not new to bitcoin at all, but just joined recently.
wcx

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:24:56 PM

been using these guys for almost 6months now..

they are honest and reputable...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:01:47 PM

been using these guys for almost 6months now..

they are honest and reputable...
Nor have I ever had a problem. Talking with some of the people involved I learned that many of the people who complain about delays have used false information in the transaction. They try fake names in a child-like attempt to remain hidden. Of course, sometimes bitinstant just screws up. It happens, but that does not mean they are "scamming" you.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:03:35 PM

Why is it called BitInstant if it takes forever?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:06:26 PM

Why is it called BitInstant if it takes forever?

LOL, been saying this for 7 days now!

day 7 - still no BTC...

Hey Gareth how does refunds work? If I paid through zipzap, how do i get my cash back? Do i just go into the 700 locations and just receive cash given some sort of password?

sacramento

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:14:09 PM

good luck to solve the issue with them  Grin
badjam4

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:59:02 AM

I made a deposit june 30th 2013 and still haven't received my bitcoins. This is completely unacceptable! i sent 3 to 5 emails to bitinstant "support" and haven't gotten any reply. I got a bitinstant transaction failed email the same as everyone else and i feel like im getting scammed by this company.
quicksilv3r

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

http://INVESTNCRYPTO.COM

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:30:36 AM

seems that ther low on bitcoins atm, and none to sell..

►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ #1 trusted Free bitcoin faucets ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Earn free bitcoin Via Moonbit. $/£/€◄
►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ Learn and Earn! #Cryptocurrency ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Learn and Earn! Cryptocurrency $/£/€◄
Judson

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:36:30 AM

It doesn't seem like BitInstant has handled this very well. They should be reaching out to their customers, not waiting to be contacted by people who feel like they've been scammed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: