Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:03:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC busts "pirateat40" aka Trendon Shavers...another one bites the dust  (Read 7585 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:58:55 PM

So it had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, you are just trying to make some tenuous connection because of your severe brain damage. Got it.

What has nothing to do with the OP, is your derail into straw man arguments, ad hominem attacks, and general trolling.  The OP had to do with a criminal.  But what you really want to do is attack "bitcoiners".  And lecture about paying taxes, as if you had a moral high ground.  But you don't, not as if a moral high ground exists on that subject, anyway.

You've claimed that the law applies to the rich and poor equally, and I've just proved conclusively that they don't, if they are well connected.

Go right ahead, asshat, with the ad hominem arguments.  That's what losers always resort to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SEC agent (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

America, land of the free

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 11:31:55 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 11:49:50 PM by SEC agent

No, the only thing you have proved is that you don't understand banking or economics and that your reading comprehension sucks.  

Why you think that overdrawn checking accounts (which, by the way, are not illegal) owned by government officials has anything to do with taxes (which is what we were actually talking about at that time) or how the laws are applied to the rich is beyond me.

As for the OP, it was about bitcoiners thinking they are above the law. I know this because I wrote it, and included the statement "still think BTC makes you immune to the law?"

I'm not attacking you, I am stating the truth; based on your posting, I'd have to conclude that you aren't very bright (or at the very least, have a shitty grasp of logic). Get mad all you like, you are still very very wrong, and you should probably quit while you are behind.

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
EscrowBTC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:16:55 AM

Congrats for catching the bad guy  Cool

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:08:50 AM

No, the only thing you have proved is that you don't understand banking or economics and that your reading comprehension sucks.  

Why you think that overdrawn checking accounts (which, by the way, are not illegal) owned by government officials has anything to do with taxes (which is what we were actually talking about at that time) or how the laws are applied to the rich is beyond me.

As for the OP, it was about bitcoiners thinking they are above the law. I know this because I wrote it, and included the statement "still think BTC makes you immune to the law?"

I'm not attacking you, I am stating the truth; based on your posting, I'd have to conclude that you aren't very bright (or at the very least, have a shitty grasp of logic). Get mad all you like, you are still very very wrong, and you should probably quit while you are behind.
Hot checks are not illegal?
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:36:42 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 03:58:58 AM by SEC agent

Wow, you really are stupid.

Do you really not know the difference between having an overdrawn account and passing bad checks?  Let me educate you, there are many ways to overdraw an account, and the vast majority are in no way illegal (in fact, with the exception of intentional fraud, overdrafts are considered an extended line of credit by the bank).  

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:01:43 AM

Do you really not know the difference between having an overdrawn account and passing bad checks?  Do you think banks are involved in criminal conspiracy for offering overdraft protection?

I notice a pattern with you.

You ask a lot of passive aggressive questions.

Psychologically, when a person asks a lot of questions in a passive aggressive manner such as you've exhibited on numerous occasions, it's typically a sign of narcissism.  You don't just want to tell us what you think and why that makes you smarter, you'd rather belabor the point and first ask us what we think before you can 'set us straight.'

If you're the auspicious encyclopedia of infinite questions, then by all means, keep asking us a million times what we think.

If not, shut up.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:06:06 AM

Do you really not know the difference between having an overdrawn account and passing bad checks?  

You said this:

If a person is caught not paying all of their due taxes, they go to jail rich or not. 

Down here writing hot checks is a crime the DA goes after on a regular basis - for the little people.

Let's see - is there prosecution for the members of Congress?  For the 10,000+ hot checks they wrote?

Nope.  So there is different treatment for rich people than for little people.

Oh and by the way, if a person is caught not paying all of their due taxes, they don't go to jail.  They just pay penalties plus the tax due.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:36:52 AM

It doesn't relate to Bitcoin. It's a retort.

Anyway getting back on track; when does stage 3 start?

Never. Like you said yourself, the quote doesn't apply to bitcoin.

Using an out of context quote that you don't understand as a retort makes you look like an ass.  

It doesn't apply to Bitcoin, but it does apply to those people apparently laughing at us.

Can I ask a serious question. Looking through your last posts you clearly have a chip on your shoulder about something. Apart from very obvious trolling reasons, why are you actually here?

SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:49:18 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 06:21:59 AM by SEC agent

You said this:

If a person is caught not paying all of their due taxes, they go to jail rich or not.  

Down here writing hot checks is a crime the DA goes after on a regular basis - for the little people.

Let's see - is there prosecution for the members of Congress?  For the 10,000+ hot checks they wrote?

Nope.  So there is different treatment for rich people than for little people.

Oh and by the way, if a person is caught not paying all of their due taxes, they don't go to jail.  They just pay penalties plus the tax due.

Again, having an overdrawn account is not the same thing as passing hot checks. That's why the article (the one you linked to but apparently didn't read) stated that the vast majority didn't break any laws. Furthermore, those who committed fraud or other crimes were tried and convicted (as stated in the same article).  

Since you apparently need it spelled out, here are some relevant quotes:

House checks did not bounce; they were honored because the House Bank provided overdraft protection to its account holders

The House banking scandal ultimately involved more than 450 representatives, most of whom did not break any laws.

Four ex-Congressmen, a Delegate, and the former House Sergeant at Arms were convicted of wrongdoing as a result of the investigation that followed.[4] Among these, former Rep. Buz Lukens (R-OH) was convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges. Former Rep. Carl C. Perkins (D-KY) pled guilty to various charges including a check kiting scheme involving several financial institutions including the House Bank. Former Rep. Carroll Hubbard (D-KY) pled guilty to three felonies. Former Rep. Mary Rose Oakar (D-OH) was charged with seven felonies, but she ended up pleading guilty only to a misdemeanor campaign finance charge not related to the House Bank.[5] The House Bank investigation also led to Delegate Walter E. Fauntroy (D-DC) pleading guilty to an unrelated charge of a making a false statement relating to a charitable contribution to his church. The former Sergeant at Arms, Jack Russ, pled guilty to three felonies.[6]

You can definitely go to jail for tax evasion...in fact, Wesley Snipes just got out of jail for it. Capone died in prison after being busted for tax evasion. Lauryn Hill was just jailed in CT for tax evasion. These are rich, famous and powerful people, and there are plenty of other celebrities just like them who were jailed for tax evasion. Money and fame mean nothing if you don't pay Uncle Sam.

Under the federal law of the United States of America, tax evasion or tax fraud, is the purposeful illegal attempt of a taxpayer to evade payment of a tax imposed by the federal government. Conviction of tax evasion may result in fines and imprisonment.[1]

Keep talking out of your ass though, you are only making yourself look more stupid.

SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:50:54 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 05:16:57 AM by SEC agent

Apart from very obvious trolling reasons, why are you actually here?

To amuse myself and provide a counter point to the echo chamber.

GMD1987

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:26:34 AM

makes you look like an ass.  
And the Pot Calling the Kettle Black Award goes to...
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:52:27 AM

Apart from very obvious trolling reasons, why are you actually here?

To amuse myself and provide a counter poi
nt to the echo chamber.

Fair enough. Each to there own. But remember it's a doubled edged sword. You are also providing amusement.

But why the chip on your shoulder?

SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:57:10 AM

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I simply post the way I need to to get the reaction I am looking for.

SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:06:38 AM

Psychologically, when a person asks a lot of questions in a passive aggressive manner such as you've exhibited on numerous occasions, it's typically a sign of narcissism.  You don't just want to tell us what you think and why that makes you smarter, you'd rather belabor the point and first ask us what we think before you can 'set us 'straight'.

It's much more simple than that, I am making fun of people in a way that amuses me...the questions are mostly rhetorical.

The armchair psychoanalysis was cute, though.

SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:09:29 AM

And the Pot Calling the Kettle Black Award goes to...

Me?

Do I get a trophy?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:43:11 AM

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I simply post the way I need to to get the reaction I am looking for.

I guessed your after a reaction, even before your first post here, hence your careful selection of attention seeking username.

Hey, perhaps you could hook up with 'dank', he's an attention seeker as well. You both would get on like a house of fire, plenty to talk about. Maybe even go out together for a beer; you'd have to pay though, he's broke.

SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:35:23 AM

Oh, I've already dealt with dank. I screwed with him for a while, but got bored of his gimmick and moved on.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:41:28 AM

Under the federal law of the United States of America, tax evasion or tax fraud, is the purposeful illegal attempt of a taxpayer to evade payment of a tax imposed by the federal government. Conviction of tax evasion may result in fines and imprisonment.[1]
So now you have shifted the goal posts to the definition of a specific crime related to not paying taxes.  The number of people convicted of these crimes is quite small and they are carefully defined in black letter law.  Most people who send in a return simply get an audit, then they get a bill with interest and penalties.  So your broad brush statement that "if you don't pay taxes rich or poor you go to jail" is total bullshit.  In fact your very examples in support of your (changed)premise prove that.  The tax laws have a simple goal, to maximize revenue.  If you go and read some of the cases on tax fraud they are very, very different than the case of the average person who does not pay his taxes.

House checks did not bounce; they were honored because the House Bank provided overdraft protection to its account holders
So you mean that rich and powerful people do get treated differently?

Oh, and if you look at the history of those events, if Gingrich had not made an issue out of it it would have gone on for another decade unchanged.  And the issue he made of it was political, not based on morality or ethics.  Sorry, you fail again.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:43:24 AM

That is the very definition of trolling.  But the bitterness and unhappiness shows through quite clearly.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:40:39 PM

Psychologically, when a person asks a lot of questions in a passive aggressive manner such as you've exhibited on numerous occasions, it's typically a sign of narcissism.  You don't just want to tell us what you think and why that makes you smarter, you'd rather belabor the point and first ask us what we think before you can 'set us 'straight'.

It's much more simple than that, I am making fun of people in a way that amuses me...the questions are mostly rhetorical.

The armchair psychoanalysis was cute, though.

I aim to please.

Making fun of people by asking them rhetorical questions is an interesting choice of activities to seek amusement from.  Knowing that you've chosen that out of all the activities you could have otherwise chosen, I think that is more amusing than your boring questions which have zero utility.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: