Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:49:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Unconfirmed Parent  (Read 117 times)
RodrigoHLC (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Electrum 3.0.3
Operating System:  Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 2 x86 (if I recall correctly, pretty sure I do)
System Hardware Specs: Ummmm... Not sure, but I'm certain it's unrelated
Description of Problem: Unconfirmed parent (please see description)
Transfer amount:     0.0702 BTC
Transfer mining fee: 0.003   BTC
Any Related Addresses:  Not sure where to find it
Any Related Transaction IDs:  92866540b971876687c0810eec4ed574f26dfbd2903d6025b9ac1765b6e92ea4
Screenshot of the problem:
https://i.imgur.com/2ApD23u.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rTuhGpX.jpg
Log Files from the Bitcoin Client: Huh

Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the forum and a newbie to BitCoin. I started learning about it and buying the past two weeks, so I have SOME understanding of how it works, but my knowledge doesn't even come close to the people on this forum's knowledge. Apologies if any of the above details is incorrect.

GETTING TO THE POINT:

I've had a Send transfer on my Electrum wallet stuck for 24+ hours, saying "Unconfirmed parent". I've read many forum posts (tried to figure it out by myself before bothering anyone about it) but I can't quite understand what's going on. For what I gather, it happens when you receive a BTC deposit, and try to send that BTC somewhere before the deposit is confirmed, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. My problem is that all of my deposits were from Coinmama, and all of them had been confirmed before using them. So I simply don't know what the problem is and, more importantly, how to fix it. This might have costed me a lot of money because I was sending that BTC to Binance where I would have traded it for XRP (I say might, because BTC's price dropped, but so did XRP's)

Anyway, any help you can offer will be highly appreciated! I was born and live in Argentina, and that transfer is worth A LOT of money down here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: