Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:39:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying bitcoin from online that you can export to own wallet? ie. not coinbase  (Read 59 times)
grandkodiak (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

I have created my own hardware wallet and registered with an exchange so I can trade in the other currencies, but I cant find a way to actually purchase coins to fund the wallet/exchanges. coinbase and a few others as far as I can tell dont give you access to the private keys, so you are locked into using only their service and only trading what they offer (which is only the big 4). All other sites I've seen require you to enter your social and drivers license and all kinds of info that I will never give out to a random website or oversees companies. (looked at bitstamp but that also requires a ton of personal info and its oversees)

Long story short, is there anywhere online to just enter a credit card number and send the coin to your own wallet? Ive seen some places that have offers but they are to private traders or are asking stupid high prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:14:36 PM

You should be able to send coins to your wallet after buying from such sites, you don't actually need the private key after buying because they give you spendable bitcoins where you can spend anywhere you want.

In case you are not looking for BTC, you have to use those sites you mentioned. Because it is not really easy to find places with credit card acceptance.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:28:42 PM

I have created my own hardware wallet and registered with an exchange so I can trade in the other currencies, but I cant find a way to actually purchase coins to fund the wallet/exchanges. coinbase and a few others as far as I can tell dont give you access to the private keys, so you are locked into using only their service and only trading what they offer (which is only the big 4). All other sites I've seen require you to enter your social and drivers license and all kinds of info that I will never give out to a random website or oversees companies. (looked at bitstamp but that also requires a ton of personal info and its oversees)

Long story short, is there anywhere online to just enter a credit card number and send the coin to your own wallet? Ive seen some places that have offers but they are to private traders or are asking stupid high prices.

If you don't want to send from an online exchange to your own wallet.
Blockchain.info is the only exchange I know of that give customers control of their private key(s).
grandkodiak (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:28:42 PM

ok so I joined coinbase after the above comments and yes, while it doesnt give you your private key, so in theory you can transfer your bitcoin to your own wallet... i have uncovered another major hickup which i hope someone can explain.

to test, i added $50 ($48 after the fee) in bitcoin to my coinbase account. under the accounts there was an option to send payment, so I copied my binance wallet public key address as the receiving party. ok so far. just for $hits i entered $10... it found the binance wallet address ok, and i was ok to accept thier advertised transfer fee of 3.99%... HOWEVER, I it said there was a $30, yes THIRTY dollar miners fee to transfer $10.... ummmm.... what am i missing here?? thats not 3.99%, closer to 399%!!
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:20:28 PM

ok so I joined coinbase after the above comments and yes, while it doesnt give you your private key, so in theory you can transfer your bitcoin to your own wallet... i have uncovered another major hickup which i hope someone can explain.

to test, i added $50 ($48 after the fee) in bitcoin to my coinbase account. under the accounts there was an option to send payment, so I copied my binance wallet public key address as the receiving party. ok so far. just for $hits i entered $10... it found the binance wallet address ok, and i was ok to accept thier advertised transfer fee of 3.99%... HOWEVER, I it said there was a $30, yes THIRTY dollar miners fee to transfer $10.... ummmm.... what am i missing here?? thats not 3.99%, closer to 399%!!

The 3.99% is the conversion fee, I assume you bought with credit card. If you want to avoid the miner's fee, transfer your BTC from Coinbase to GDAX, and then send from GDAX to Binance.

Btw you should have used blockchain.info for your purpose as you wanted to have control of the private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: