Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:31:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PWC] Project buried  (Read 3618 times)
minerapia (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:59:36 AM

It's the crickets/grasshoppers/middlecoin/multipool profiteers, which came me idea howto "deny" their work. My initial idea/feeling was to make system that just disconnects/bans those kind of services out, maybe even altering blockchain to leave these crickets empty handed.
Im gonna gonna softcore here and allow this kind of activity (freespeech etc... Smiley) and make changes to the diff algoys to minimize crickets miners income vs honest miners.
At this point I can reveal that its based standard used in industry for a long time and its called PID.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:33:23 AM

Minerapia, I'm sure the guy who attacked Powercoin big time appreciates your efforts. BTW, he's got away with over 2 million PWC.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
faraway

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:49:00 AM

The pool: http://next.afraid.org:8113/static/ is now fully updated and uses the last client.

minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:41:20 AM

Minerapia, I'm sure the guy who attacked Powercoin big time appreciates your efforts. BTW, he's got away with over 2 million PWC.

At the time of attack (15/16 june, according https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239451.0) there was just around 1,2 M PWC mined. I've looked at the blockchain and find out that the attacker had 500k PWC which he used in the double spend attack (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236519.20 this thread supports this ammount). I've asked BitJohn if he has debug.log or something around the time to verify all this. I still havent went far enough to see where those coins actually ended.

faraway

Activity: 339

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:07:21 PM

At the time of attack (15/16 june, according https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239451.0) there was just around 1,2 M PWC mined. I've looked at the blockchain and find out that the attacker had 500k PWC which he used in the double spend attack (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236519.20 this thread supports this ammount). I've asked BitJohn if he has debug.log or something around the time to verify all this. I still havent went far enough to see where those coins actually ended.

At the time of this attack in June there was two blockchains. The checkpoints here are on the right blockchain so these coins don't have to exist anymore.
minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:59:51 AM

both wheretomine and coinchoose still seems to have old client, so dont believe what they say atm.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 03:20:05 PM

23580.1 PWC for trade.

Best BTC or LTC offer takes it. Grin

sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:39:45 PM

both wheretomine and coinchoose still seems to have old client, so dont believe what they say atm.

Is mine still wrong?
minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:13:03 AM

Is mine still wrong?
Nope, you're on the right chain. thanks.

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:16:04 AM

Is mine still wrong?

When will coinchoose display the correct client? I can ask if you don't know the owner on here.
sal002

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:58:39 AM

Is mine still wrong?

When will coinchoose display the correct client? I can ask if you don't know the owner on here.

Wait - so above I am told it is the right one, but now the wrong one.  So - is my site correct or not?
minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

Sal002, You are on the right chain (diff is right). If you downloded client/daemon from post1 links of this thread you cant go wrong. Only thing that puzzles me, is the value of the coin (and most/some, checked also VLC and SPOTS of the coins traded at coins-e) is not right. Maybe something is not syncing with the api.

sal002

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

Sal002, You are on the right chain (diff is right). If you downloded client/daemon from post1 links of this thread you cant go wrong. Only thing that puzzles me, is the value of the coin (and most/some, checked also VLC and SPOTS of the coins traded at coins-e) is not right. Maybe something is not syncing with the api.

The price is based on a weighted average of the current open buy orders for a particular coin to a set depth.  So it is not a specific order but is based on a weighted average of orders currently open.  This was done to deal with people skewing pricing by putting in place small orders (and reporting all over BCT that they did it and asking others to manipulate coinchoose in the same way).
minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:41:56 AM

atm I'm trying to get ratios right in the new diff algo, It requires alot of testing to get it react fast enough but not to drive zigzag with the diff.
Also gotta test new functions to keep everyone synced with the new diff algo.
Apart from that, code just needs clean up and some triple checks to ensure its safe to launch. V1.02 is not that far from being ready.

Meanwhile my test miners have been driving diff up and down in the testnet, I've set up a pool and a block explorer for powercoin.
Both are still lil bit in beta, and have alot of default values still writen in em, but working as intended.

aetos

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:00:59 PM

just had 250 000 coins vanish lol.. and i thought i was mining right chain. in any case  blocks are 60 now as   stated.  but price is reflected with the  other coins.. any plans to get price up? i mean  its the same price  or close to infinity coin but that gives you 130000 per block not 60 lol
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 02:34:47 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 04:06:52 PM by ghostlander

2M is what BigVern says. The attack was started at #29294, so there were 1.17M PWC by that moment. The last double spends were at about 200K. The attacker withdrew nearly all PWC from Cryptsy and got away. They say to have destroyed the remaining PWC at Cryptsy. Have you checkpointed and rolled back the block chain to a moment prior to the attack?

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:20:59 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 06:06:32 AM by minerapia

I have tracked down (pretty much) all PWC attacker had and thought many ways to null and void certain blocks to revert hes coins. It would require alot of work, enough that it will be easier to take a fresh start rather than patching all the holes in the current PWC. I'll never gonna release version 1.02 for this coin, as it would require alot of testing/pathing/etc work which seems not to be reasonable as community is still afraid from attacker coins. Learning curve in altcoins is steep and I took cpl wrong steps here and there, which I can now avoid. I started to work on this coin as a hobby and I'll end it as a hobby. I never sold any PWC and never will (I actually bought some). Ill post screenshots later if someone doubts me Wink
Ill discontinue my work with PWC, Its just not worth it.

ps. some wiseguy imported blocks from old chain which causes retarget nightmare (Those blocks aren't accepted by latest client), so I added one more checkpoint to address that.

pps. Actually i didnt sell my stack now, some ppl kept setting up bids, so if someone wants to collect dead coin, fine by me. I gave ppl enough headstart to dump coins before me tbh.

sal002

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:42:32 PM

I have tracked down (pretty much) all PWC attacker had and thought many ways to null and void certain blocks to revert hes coins. It would require alot of work, enough that it will be easier to take a fresh start rather than patching all the holes in the current PWC. I'll never gonna release version 1.02 for this coin, as it would require alot of testing/pathing/etc work which seems not to be reasonable as community is still afraid from attacker coins. Learning curve in altcoins is steep and I took cpl wrong steps here and there, which I can now avoid. I started to work on this coin as a hobby and I'll end it as a hobby. I never sold any PWC and never will (I actually bought some). Ill post screenshots later if someone doubts me Wink

ps. some wiseguy imported blocks from old chain which causes retarget nightmare (Those blocks aren't accepted by latest client), so I added one more checkpoint to address that.

So - can I remove PWC from CoinChoose as it is effectively dead?
minerapia (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:51:20 PM

yup

sal002

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:25:22 PM

At least this was a good learning experience!  I think most of these alt coins are just micro experiments to make the community stronger!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: