Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is having USDT the most efficient way to buy altcoins during dips?  (Read 280 times)
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:55:44 PM

You are wrong, everytime that i have some kind of information about that an altcoin is going to decrease or if just bitcoin is going to do so, i sell all my bitcoins or that altcoin for USDT.

That is the best thing that you can do.

It is the same because you are always going to buy the same amount. 150 USD are the same as 0.01 BTC, and with that amount of money equally in btc or usdt, it is always going to be the same

And once that the altcoin goes down, just buy that one using USDT, by this way you are going to get more bitcoins or whatever you bought.

Simple math, nothing more than that.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:17:28 PM

Okay so the only reason to convert your btc to usdt whether you have btc or just sold the altcoin for btc is if.

1.  You believe btc and altcoins will drop in value until you want to buy another coin

2.  You want to make sure you convert btc in usdt so you park the usdt value so when you want to buy altcoins, then you are unaffected by the btc price fluctuations right?

But if you think btc price go up till the moment you going to buy an altcoin or if you are just holding, then thats the only reason that you should not convert to usdt right?  Thus if you know you will buy altcoin soon but feel btc price will go up, then dont sell it for usdt.  But if you feel it will go down or you dont want to get affected by btc prices, then convert it to usdt?  Also someone says usdt takes more processing time.  Can someone explain this?  I mean when you sell an altcoin for btc... when you sell the btc for usdt... isn't that very quick just like selling altcoin for btc?  And when you are ready to buy altcoin, you buy btc with usdt and then immediately buy altcoin with it. Shouldnt this be very quick or there is something im missing here.  I assume the only negative thing about this would be paying 0.25 percent each time on bittrex so you are paying a total of 0.50 percent to park its value?
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:09:31 PM

USDT is one of the altcoins that are going to do very well in 2018 . I have been following it price since the beginning and I think this coin or token is going to do well in future and it is a great potential layed. But this is just a personal opinion and you should not invest based on what other saying about this.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:16:50 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 08:35:21 PM by lite

I buy alts with BTC simple! whenever BTC goes up alts start dipping in value(in terms of BTC) and buy them. when BTC starts going down i sell alts and increase my bitcoin holding.

USDT is one of the altcoins that are going to do very well in 2018 . I have been following it price since the beginning and I think this coin or token is going to do well in future and it is a great potential layed. But this is just a personal opinion and you should not invest based on what other saying about this.
Lol, you should first read about usdt. it's value cannot go higher than 1 us dollar, it will always be pegged to a dollar.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:33:15 PM

Lol, you should first read about usdt. it's value cannot go higher than 1 us dollar, it will always be pegged to a dollar.

This is somewhat accurate, but it's more complicated than that. It's a free-floating asset that is openly traded on the markets. It's pegged to the dollar as long as Tether redeems them as such. Currently they are unable to do so. Bad news (like regulatory actions) related to Tether or Bitfinex could send the price of USDT crashing, since people might lose faith that they can be redeemed for dollars in the future.

I've also seen the market value of USDT go well above $1, sometimes 10-20% higher. This happens when the altcoin market is really hot, and people are using USDT to transfer between exchanges to buy different coins more than to hedge USD value.

TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:55:50 PM

1. Tether can collapse.

2. If you are bullish on the long term of btc, then a fait position is not good as you risk losing your btc position.

3. There is far more volume on btc pairs instead of usdt pairs so if you are a large trader you will not be able to fill your orders with usdt.

4. Most alts dont even trade against usdt.

5. You cannot use margin on usdt pairs at most exchanges.

60659 📦
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: