Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
szmarco

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:02:26 PM

I mean Mr Zhenghua Wang.English name Howard Wang.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:06:52 PM

No I meant mr wang pronounced. Mr. Made up name Wang
szmarco

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:10:35 PM

No I meant mr wang pronounced. Mr. Made up name Wang

Sorry,I can't understand what you mean or your humor.
I just tell the fact i have met.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:11:51 PM

Using 30% of initial income to accelerate sale, development, production and mining capability is a growth strategy and what sets Labcoin apart from a set-hash rate mining bond. If you want to make a comparison you can compare the business model of asicminer and a set-hash rate bond without reinvestment strategy.

The long term plan and intention is to use the reinvestment fund to over time increase dividend payments (profits) to surpass what shareholders would earn if 100% dividends would be paid out from day-1 as the team of course believes that Labcoin can invest at far greater profit in development, production, sales and mining power then individual investors.

Why only 30%?  I'm sure that people would be worried if you didn't pay out anything, they'd think it might be a big scam or something - but you can also prove your hashrate.

What I'd like to see is is the opportunity for people to have their dividends reinvested directly into the company if they want: Dividends payed in new stock rather then BTC.

That way, you'd be able to have more money to spend on growth, and more quickly increase your hashrate and thus the profits.

JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:15:05 PM

Using 30% of initial income to accelerate sale, development, production and mining capability is a growth strategy and what sets Labcoin apart from a set-hash rate mining bond. If you want to make a comparison you can compare the business model of asicminer and a set-hash rate bond without reinvestment strategy.

The long term plan and intention is to use the reinvestment fund to over time increase dividend payments (profits) to surpass what shareholders would earn if 100% dividends would be paid out from day-1 as the team of course believes that Labcoin can invest at far greater profit in development, production, sales and mining power then individual investors.

Why only 30%?  I'm sure that people would be worried if you didn't pay out anything, they'd think it might be a big scam or something - but you can also prove your hashrate.

What I'd like to see is is the opportunity for people to have their dividends reinvested directly into the company if they want: Dividends payed in new stock rather then BTC.

That way, you'd be able to have more money to spend on growth, and more quickly increase your hashrate and thus the profits.

The 30% achieves the same thing as reinvesting dividends. The people who usually reinvest dividends are companies that pay a very small portion not 70% that's just crazy lol. You can't also get paid in new stock that would dilute shareholders.

Secondly, there's not enough shares and volume to allow everyone to reinvest safely as prices will go up from all the buys, and as mentioned before the company can't make new shares as it will dilute ownership.

physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:18:20 PM

Man, read his post. I know he has the writing skills of a mentally retarded child, but it wasn't so hard to understand:

I don't think it's that easy maybe coming up with rumors would help lmao.  Spoke to my friend in china who works at the university that guy doesn't exist. My friend works at the fab plant confirmed chips are being made lol. Buy buy buy sell sell

The last sentences are examples for rumors that one could put out there.

Want to make people sell shares? "Spoke to my friend in china who works at the university that guy doesn't exist."
Want to make people buy shares? "My friend works at the fab plant confirmed chips are being made"
szmarco

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:22:34 PM

Man, read his post. I know he has the writing skills of a mentally retarded child, but it wasn't so hard to understand:

I don't think it's that easy maybe coming up with rumors would help lmao.  Spoke to my friend in china who works at the university that guy doesn't exist. My friend works at the fab plant confirmed chips are being made lol. Buy buy buy sell sell

The last sentences are examples for rumors that one could put out there.

Want to make people sell shares? "Spoke to my friend in china who works at the university that guy doesn't exist."
Want to make people buy shares? "My friend works at the fab plant confirmed chips are being made"
Oh...I see now.thanks. Cheesy
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:26:38 PM

The 30% achieves the same thing as reinvesting dividends. The people who usually reinvest dividends are companies that pay a very small portion not 70% that's just crazy lol. You can't also get paid in new stock that would dilute shareholders.

Secondly, there's not enough shares and volume to allow everyone to reinvest safely as prices will go up from all the buys, and as mentioned before the company can't make new shares as it will dilute ownership.

Imagine you own stock in a company that has $1000 and does nothing with it.  There are 1,000 shares and they are each worth $1.  Then, the company issues 500 new shares and charges one dollar a share. They do nothing with the money.

Now the company is worth $1500, there are 1500 shares, and each share is now still worth $1.

If the company gave shareholders the option of taking dividends in new stock, the value of the stock wouldn't change - the company would increase by however much they didn't pay out in dividends.

However, if that money was re-invested in more hashpower the value of the company would increase at a faster rate, and the % of the company owned by the shareholder would increase as well.

The problem is, if the hashpower of the company doesn't keep up with difficulty growth, then the value of the company actually goes down, because their revenues decrease.

JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:36:42 PM

Imagine you own stock in a company that has $1000 and does nothing with it.  There are 1,000 shares and they are each worth $1.  Then, the company issues 500 new shares and charges one dollar a share. They do nothing with the money.

Now the company is worth $1500, there are 1500 shares, and each share is now still worth $1.

If the company gave shareholders the option of taking dividends in new stock, the value of the stock wouldn't change - the company would increase by however much they didn't pay out in dividends.

However, if that money was re-invested in more hashpower the value of the company would increase at a faster rate, and the % of the company owned by the shareholder would increase as well.

The problem is, if the hashpower of the company doesn't keep up with difficulty growth, then the value of the company actually goes down, because their revenues decrease.

The problem is the people who don't reinvest will get a smaller ownership percentage. With your strategy it forces everyone to reinvest or get diluted to a worthless percentage of ownership. The way they are doing it now is the best everyone keeps the same level of ownership and money gets reinvested. If they ever need more than 30% they can have votes to delay a dividend payment or reduce it.

Doing it the other way just screws shareholders and the biggest shareholders can reinvest and just controll a bigger portion of the company until all other investors are left with nothing.

Secondly, what you are saying is basically reinvest 100% and pay no dividends, again the same can be achieved by voting to suspend dividends and reinvestment plan is not needed as suspending them achieves the same thing.
boyohi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:34:31 PM

You know what's really funny: go to btct.co and watch the labcoin shares movement. It's minutes without any trade... then someone comes here and screams BUBBLE!! And you start seeing lots of SELL SELL SELL.

Than 30 mins later... nothing happening.

Then someone comes and says Oh, this company is really solid.. and BUY BUY BUY.

If anyone wants to make some quick BTC, this is a quick guide:

1) Sell your shares
2) Come here and write BUUUBLLE
3) Buy back your shares at lower price
4) Come here and say "Amazing company"

Repeat steps 1 to 4 as much as you can.

Great guide I already made millions with these simple steps. Spectaculars hate him!
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:46:45 PM

BUBBLE

TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:57:07 PM

Short answer as best as I can:

Allowing share-holders to reinvest 'as they see fit' by issuing bonds or more shares just seems like a more complicated way of achieving the same thing - continuous growth. Labcoin feels that 70% direct dividend is more than a fair share of earnings while allowing for long term development and a 'treasury' to enable the project to maximize earnings over time.

To be crass: If an investor feels like they could invest an extra 30% better themselves then Labcoin can being able to buy/develop/sell and mine at wholesale rates maybe investing in the project is not the right choice. To me at least, its not all about short term profit, but also about long term viability and trust. Something that I believe Labcoin will prove over time. I personally think this goes for any investment that is not simply an interest bearing bond or finite mining operation delivering a set hash rate.

Again, this is to a large part personal opinion and I do not mean to insult anyone or step on any toes.
boyohi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:19:36 PM

BUBBLE

AMAZING COMPANY
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:26:19 PM

holy shit it worked

blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:26:42 PM

I sold my left kidney for some extra shares. It hurts, but in a good way.

Bitrated user: blastbob.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:38:09 PM

Short answer as best as I can:

Allowing share-holders to reinvest 'as they see fit' by issuing bonds or more shares just seems like a more complicated way of achieving the same thing - continuous growth.

This ^^, you can already achieve the same thing with your current set-up if ever need be for more money to expand than a vote can go out to suspend or reduce dividends.

But setting up a dividend repurchase plan will complicate things, and create complete choas to shareholder equitable positions, where the ones that don't reinvest will get diluted down to nothing.

This isn't a multi Billion dollar company, where share reinvestment has almost no impact due to the large share issue and small dividend payouts.

Also, if you feel you'd like more shares, feel free to buy more shares when you get your dividend payment.

The current setup is best as it can achieve Dividend Re-investments in a much simpler way, and we can easily get more aggressive with growth, by lower dividends, suspending, ect. while still maintaining the same ownership structure.

my two cents
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:38:42 PM

I sold both, am i going to die?
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:39:22 PM

HUGE SCAM, BUBBLE still haven't released anything!!! Only Words!
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:41:19 PM

I sold my left nut.  When you're right handed, always get rid of left organs first.  You did good..

limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:48:30 PM

HUGE SCAM, BUBBLE still haven't released anything!!! Only Words!

Hate to tell you this but no one cares what you think or buy. Stop spamming like a retarded twit.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: