Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain project starting from scratch?  (Read 253 times)
Romolus1 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:29:16 PM

Hi everyone, been lurking for sometime reading here and finally decided to crawl out of my black cave (yep yep I know it's my first post and it's unethical to request something as your first post but I promise I'll make it up).

Studying the BC tech for some months now, but still fairly new to this world so I don't really know how to move in it. Asking the most experienced of you if you could give me some resource or advice about how to start a BC project from scratch. I mean, I have a very detailed project with great ideas to make the blockchain tech improve this damn world and people in need, I would like to see this tech being an actor in a social change and not only an economic change (economy drives society, you would say. Kind of right but that's not my point) because it has immense potential and I strongly believe its a revolution similar to the one Internet brought decades ago and we are still in its early days.

I don't have, by the way, the technical knowledge and the general knowledge on how to set up a BC-based project, like.. "Ok I have this idea, now what?" so I was hoping from some guide-lines from someone who's in it longer than me.
In particular, I don't really know how and where to hire or talk with devs and coders, how and where to present my project and how and where to start at all. I see many doing it here, is it the best platform?

Don't start bashing me please, I'm just another young newb with a ton of naive ideas about making the world better and helping people. If you feel the explosive urge to do it, just do it intelligently or with constructive criticism.
Already thanking you all for reading and helping

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maxnetlabs

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 10:26:41 PM

Hi. We are expert in blockchain/Cryptocurrency design, development and marketing. We have done many successful projects. I will share my detailed portfolio upon request. Looking forward to hear from you.
dutchcoins

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:56:04 PM

Try to look at different succefull projects and ico's. When you see someting or an application you like and wich matches your interest you might look how to futher develop the idea and what requerements the underlaying blockchain need. From there you can start to see which coin you might want to fork or if your project can simply be done with ethereum, neo or waves platform.
Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:00:09 AM

Blockchain as any other tech is just a tool. Firstly, you should answer what you would like to accomplish here.
I have a very detailed project with great ideas to make the blockchain tech improve this damn world
It's so vague. If you would like to get some responses try to be more specific.
Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:42:23 AM

orchidkart stop spamming mate.
onceuponatimeinspace

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:43:57 PM

I am also new to all of this and interested how it's going to evolve. As of now I see that it could lead to new world but it is not clear will it be happyworld or some totalitarian NWO society.  Guess that joining some existing team will be helpful for better understanding what is going on.
SamOgavian

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:38:54 PM

Hi! I also only begin to understand the theme of the blockchain. Helps me this resource

https://www.itcareerfinder.com/brain-food/blog/entry/how-to-get-started-on-a-blockchain-development-career.html
AssiZichlinski

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:53:18 PM

Hey, I’ve just begun a side project through my work (we’ve been reading material online as well as been receiving some external advice from friends with blockchain experience). Can you be a bit more specific as to what type of project you are looking to start? Are you looking for technical help or more conceptual advice?
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:52:38 PM

If you think you got working idea (an idea which really has power to attract investment) then making tokens isn't a big problem. You can go with ERC20-23 token using Ethereum Smart Contracts or easier way via Waves Contracts. As you said, you been lurking around BC niche from months, few days lurking around ETH and WAVES ecosystem can help you understand how to make tokens easily. Else if not, there are many services out there providing token creation service at affordable rates.
Once you are ready with tokens and WP, all you need is team of 2-3 techies who can assist you throughout project. Also a team gives more goodwill and impression than individual running business. Rest you need some pre-funds for floating cost like marketing, promotion, etc. For this you have to reach few giant investors personally who can act as Angel Investor for your project.
But all this could only work out if your IDEA is really powerful and has capability to attract investment as stated earlier.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
zkaz

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:51:56 PM

But all this could only work out if your IDEA is really powerful and has capability to attract investment as stated earlier.

This 100%.  If the idea is good enough, people will flock to be a part of it.  This is how it is with any organization from businesses, to governments, to religions.  The blockchain world is no different.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:50:58 PM

I don't have, by the way, the technical knowledge and the general knowledge on how to set up a BC-based project, like.. "Ok I have this idea, now what?" so I was hoping from some guide-lines from someone who's in it longer than me.

is the idea of "BC-Based project" relate to bitcoin and can be implemented to bitcoin chain or you want to create a new crypto?
So, you have a better idea? Here some tips;
- start to learn the technical knowledge, you can achieve something big in cryptocurrency without it.
- you need some resource to start it, proper hardware and sufficient funds.
- you can collaborate with some people here, but you need a basic knowledge of coding, design, etc.
doceor

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:12:31 PM

I like the idea starting from scratch. Do you already have volunteers? I am software developer. Mainly in C++ and I can join the team. Write me a PM and we can brainstorm about the new solution.
PEG-TOKEN
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

peg-token.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:33:45 PM

Best is planning..

Make sure you have good documentation and a good team before releasing projects.
There are many here who can help or give advice my main advice would be "do not rush!" too many projects rush deadlines or push for pressure timelines.

If you need advice or help the community have good members here who can help you on your route to success.

I wish you all the best in your project.

Peg

| PEGTOKEN |  - https://peg-token.com - | Digital Asset Creation | BTC | ETH Cross-Chain Tokens
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:57:12 PM

Hi everyone, been lurking for sometime reading here and finally decided to crawl out of my black cave (yep yep I know it's my first post and it's unethical to request something as your first post but I promise I'll make it up).
Not until you have written 100 lines of code and well understood your basics as far as the title is concerned.

Studying the BC tech for some months now, but still fairly new to this world so I don't really know how to move in it. Asking the most experienced of you if you could give me some resource or advice about how to start a BC project from scratch. I mean, I have a very detailed project with great ideas to make the blockchain tech improve this damn world and people in need, I would like to see this tech being an actor in a social change and not only an economic change (economy drives society, you would say. Kind of right but that's not my point) because it has immense potential and I strongly believe its a revolution similar to the one Internet brought decades ago and we are still in its early days.
- It totally depends on what are you planning to do with it.
- The number one rule of any software development : DRY [Don't repeat yourself] Don't start from scratch ,if a library exist ,use it.As far as I know there are number of blockchain API's provided by services like 'Lisk'/Eth.
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:57:44 PM

I'm a little confused. If you don't have the technical knowledge, how do you know you can make the blockchain better? I think it's a little odd to start from scratch when there are numerous open source projects and platforms you could leverage to build your own blockchain. Could you share some of your ideas so we have a better understanding of what you are trying to do? It's likely you don't need to start from scratch.
Romolus1 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:25:14 PM

Firstly, thanks everyone for replying. I really appreciate your help and your objections. I'll try to answer everyone:

Try to look at different succefull projects and ico's. When you see someting or an application you like and wich matches your interest you might look how to futher develop the idea and what requerements the underlaying blockchain need. From there you can start to see which coin you might want to fork or if your project can simply be done with ethereum, neo or waves platform.

Thanks for the advice, I've been looking for the coins which might suit better but I think I'll need to mix some features of each one. What's the difference between forking a coin or using the ETH/NEO/Waves platforms?

Blockchain as any other tech is just a tool. Firstly, you should answer what you would like to accomplish here.
I have a very detailed project with great ideas to make the blockchain tech improve this damn world
It's so vague. If you would like to get some responses try to be more specific.

You're right, I've been intentionally vague because at the current status without a team I don't think I'll be even able to effectlvely start it. I'll be a little more specific: I'm thinking about something like a Foundation/Charity orga (something like the Einsteinium Foundation) whose first principle will be "Transparency" along with the more obvious "decentralization". That's why I thought about Blockchain, because its a tech that can make a Foundation both democratic and transparent in its decisions and in its money-management.

I am also new to all of this and interested how it's going to evolve. As of now I see that it could lead to new world but it is not clear will it be happyworld or some totalitarian NWO society.  Guess that joining some existing team will be helpful for better understanding what is going on.

Yeah I agree with you, we don't know. What we can do and I would try to do is doing the best to spread this knowledge and use it for the benefits of all. If we truly believe this to be a mean of change, then it's time not only to think it but acting in that way (didn't mean to give a sermon ahah sorry).

Hi! I also only begin to understand the theme of the blockchain. Helps me this resource

https://www.itcareerfinder.com/brain-food/blog/entry/how-to-get-started-on-a-blockchain-development-career.html

Thanks for the resource, found it useful for some informations!

Hey, I’ve just begun a side project through my work (we’ve been reading material online as well as been receiving some external advice from friends with blockchain experience). Can you be a bit more specific as to what type of project you are looking to start? Are you looking for technical help or more conceptual advice?

Thanks for your offering, as I wrote above my project is about a Blockchain-based kind of-Foundation. As for your question, I think I can fill the conceptual side but I'm greatly lacking the technical part of it, in which I need great help. As starting the chain, choose the ledger, etc.. I mean the "tangible" IT part.

If you think you got working idea (an idea which really has power to attract investment) then making tokens isn't a big problem. You can go with ERC20-23 token using Ethereum Smart Contracts or easier way via Waves Contracts. As you said, you been lurking around BC niche from months, few days lurking around ETH and WAVES ecosystem can help you understand how to make tokens easily. Else if not, there are many services out there providing token creation service at affordable rates.
Once you are ready with tokens and WP, all you need is team of 2-3 techies who can assist you throughout project. Also a team gives more goodwill and impression than individual running business. Rest you need some pre-funds for floating cost like marketing, promotion, etc. For this you have to reach few giant investors personally who can act as Angel Investor for your project.

Thank you so much, your post was incredibly useful and clear. And yeah I would look for a team of techies because as I stated from the start I don't think to be capable of doing it alone. Do you think it's better to search for them "old-style" via job-hiring or trying to contact someone in the forums/reddits/members of other projects?
Also, I don't have fear about the strenght of my idea, I'm 100% sure it can be something good (don't like to hyperinflate saying "amazing" or "revolutionary") and that I can persuade an investor to put some money in (actually, I think it would be an easier problem, I'm seeing the tech-one being harder). I strongly believe in it because I strongly believe in MY will of doing something good for society, being a "veichle" of change, even if small.
Thank you again for the help

This 100%.  If the idea is good enough, people will flock to be a part of it.  This is how it is with any organization from businesses, to governments, to religions.  The blockchain world is no different.

Yeah I know and I agree and that's why this is the part that worries me less because I totally have faith in the idea I have in my hands. That is also why I think a bigger problems include the tech part, because it's about bringing it into reality and fitting an idea into reality is always the most difficult thing.

is the idea of "BC-Based project" relate to bitcoin and can be implemented to bitcoin chain or you want to create a new crypto?
So, you have a better idea? Here some tips;
- start to learn the technical knowledge, you can achieve something big in cryptocurrency without it.
- you need some resource to start it, proper hardware and sufficient funds.
- you can collaborate with some people here, but you need a basic knowledge of coding, design, etc.

Thank you for your tips! I would like to create a new crypto, something like the Einsteinium Foundation did (with the emc2 coin). Not from scratch, I'm obviously open to use already done platforms and algos, but I'm more about implementing different features of different coins instead of just copying a coin. Do you think that even hiring a tech-squad I should go deep in the technical side of the project? Where do you think I can find these guys here to collaborate (or trying) with?

Best is planning..

Make sure you have good documentation and a good team before releasing projects.
There are many here who can help or give advice my main advice would be "do not rush!" too many projects rush deadlines or push for pressure timelines.

If you need advice or help the community have good members here who can help you on your route to success.

I wish you all the best in your project.

Peg

Thank you so much for your advice, I'll take good care of that. Yeah I'm still more on the "searching the team" part of it, not wanting to rush. And that's why I'm here also, the community seems very nice and excited, a forge of ideas with expert hands to shape them. I think it's here where and how the future is built.

Not until you have written 100 lines of code and well understood your basics as far as the title is concerned.

- It totally depends on what are you planning to do with it.
- The number one rule of any software development : DRY [Don't repeat yourself] Don't start from scratch ,if a library exist ,use it.As far as I know there are number of blockchain API's provided by services like 'Lisk'/Eth.

Thanks for the advice, I'm currently looking for the already-built APIs trying to understand how and if I could use them. Something I still didn't understand is how much they are modifiable, how I can adjust them for my needings like implementing DAO, etc..

I'm a little confused. If you don't have the technical knowledge, how do you know you can make the blockchain better? I think it's a little odd to start from scratch when there are numerous open source projects and platforms you could leverage to build your own blockchain. Could you share some of your ideas so we have a better understanding of what you are trying to do? It's likely you don't need to start from scratch.

Yeah I may have been a little shady about the "starting from scratch" part, thanks for pointing out. I didn't mean to "improve the blockchain" actually, I was more referring to the fact that I have an idea which I think can fit perfectly in a Blockchain project (because of the structure of the blockchain tech and because I've seen one or two similar projects) but I don't really know where to start rather than writing a new kind of blockchain. But you are totally right about using other platforms and this is what I'm currently trying to understand. About my project, as stated above I would like to start a Foundation/Charity org using blockchain, this is because what I want to achieve is total transparency of the org and total decentralization-democratization of the decision-making process. If you would like to know more I can pm you!

Thanks again everyone, the tips here have been so precious!
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:04:53 PM

Great, thanks for the additional information. Maybe this can get you started: https://medium.facilelogin.com/build-your-own-blockchain-b8eaeea2f891
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: