Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues sweeping private key of my paper wallet to electrum LTC  (Read 90 times)
mrdudefool (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:52:00 AM

Hey guys,

Sweeped my private key for my paper wallet 2 days ago into my electrum litecoin wallet. 2 days later, paper wallet is still showing its balance on blockcypher even though electrum generated a transaction ID when the sweep was done, please help! The transaction ID is also not being recognized by blockcypher. My paper wallet is still showing its litecoin balance even though I am sure I sweeped the private key properly as electrum showed the correct balance of how many litecoins were to be transferred. I have entered the private key into electrum's sweep option 3 times now and it gives me the same confirmation window with the same transaction ID, but the transaction ID is unavailable on blockcypher.

supposed txhash: 6463dacaa424cc16df511b50b8d1ff4c23bae3ac5fc591964b36a7eb90f52fe3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10434

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:49:54 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2020, 06:00:45 AM by pooya87

(this may be too obvious but it is worth mentioning).
do you click the "broadcast" button at the bottom of the window that appears after you sweep your private key? the same window that shows you the transaction ID.

this window is like a "Preview" if your transaction information and based on your wallet settings you may need to manually click the broadcast button to send it out to the network.

as you can see this is a test transaction i just created, signed but never broadcast so it is not out there although i have a transaction ID.

in case this is no your issue, then it is because there is something wrong with your transaction (for example double spend or 0 fee) which causes the Litecoin Network to reject your transaction.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
mrdudefool (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:25:15 AM

(this may be too obvious but it is worth mentioning).
do you click the "broadcast" button at the bottom of the window that appears after you sweep your private key? the same window that shows you the transaction ID.

this window is like a "Preview" if your transaction information and based on your wallet settings you may need to manually click the broadcast button to send it out to the network.

as you can see this is a test transaction i just created, signed but never broadcast so it is not out there although i have a transaction ID.
https://i.imgur.com/blCjKw1.jpg

in case this is no your issue, then it is because there is something wrong with your transaction (for example double spend or 0 fee) which causes the Litecoin Network to reject your transaction.

I'm actually retarded and no I didn't click that. I had no idea what the broadcast button actually did. Thank you so much I will try now and get back to you. As you can see I'm still a crypto newbie..

Yes so I clicked broadcast and it worked... and to think my private key was exposed for so long since I entered it like 3 times... Learned a valuable lesson today.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: