Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GameCoin (GME) - Current version = v0.8.4.2  (Read 71729 times)
bluestang

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:54:47 AM

Locked and loaded here as well.

Cryptsy Trade Key: 3d74ea28a32572a77c108116c46ba67a65834bfc
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:22:50 AM

And when the attacker strikes again what then? Another checkpoint.
erk

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:29:08 AM

Currently tyrion70 has signalled that his pool and block explorer is standing by at block 63,999

As am I.

You do realize by announcing the time this far ahead, the chain is going to be hit with a massive amount of hash power from all sides and multiple forks will take off in several directions due to the very low diff and fast retarget, don't you?

That's no different than an normal coin launch scenario.
erk

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:41:04 AM

Valid point, but care to guess how many of those blocks I will mine at 400+ mhs with a starting diff of .0002?

~BCX~
Exactly 12blocks will be mined at the starting diff.
Miner-TE

Activity: 499

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:55:18 AM

Seriously, you really think a 110% increase every 12 blocks is going to slow down 400+ mhs?

~BCX~

No.  Not for long ... Smiley

I'm still hopeful to get a block. Maybe two...

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
erk

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:20:00 AM

Seriously, you really think a 110% increase every 12 blocks is going to slow down 400+ mhs?

~BCX~

But he is right, you don't start a coin off on a crazy low diff like .0002, I would be starting with difficulty set to 0.035 would would allow a 1MH/s rig to find a block in 2.5min average.

daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:29:44 AM

~BCX~

Its so cute to see how big of a temper tantrum you have thrown over this coin... so now its 400MH/s you have lined up just waiting... to accomplish what... what is your goal here?

You can lie to yourself and everyone else all you want... you aren't doing anything noble, or helpful in the least... it is, in fact, one of the saddest things i have seen since BTC launched... a baby with too much compute power for his own good... throwing a fit over a single coin.

But c'est la vie... at least LTC and others will get a rest from you while you are focused here... almost like a distraction... designed specifically for you... hmm...

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Miner-TE

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:30:58 AM

~BCX~

Honestly I don't know if I will but DAYUM these guys are pushing for a fight they cannot win, period.

~BCX~

I really don't want to be a part of this pissing contest but have to admit I'm enjoying the show.  A battle played out in the blockchain ...  Attack/defense ....  It's really interesting.

Anyone taking notes ... need to be at least a sub plot in a movie....

I would like to see this coin back on an exchange.  So just don't kill it.   Smiley

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
daemonfox

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:34:04 AM

@daemonfox,

I have no issues with LTC LOL, apparently you weren't around in the early LTC days. I started mining LTC from day zero. I also happen to be one of the first people that worked on developing the first gpu miner for LTC. Didn't even get close to getting mine working first but I can assure you, I was definitely one of the largest GPU mining farms on LTC for quite a while in the early days. I actually haven't mined any coin for profit in over a year. Got bored with it and have been trading ever since. BTW I was also an early BTC gpu miner. My first rig was 4 5770's in September 2010 when the BTC diff hit 352.

To answer your question, I have no goal. Just a hobby and entertainment to me, kind of like playing Angry Birds. I also get to add GME to the list of coins that I have over a million of, and yes prior to 64000  Grin Grin Grin

Hopefully (GME) will evolve or will probably die.

~BCX~

Did not intend that to mean you have problems with LTC... just meant you wouldn't be mining it since you have a kamikaze attack ready to blow up on GME at re-launch.

Most of us could care less when you started and what you may have done before you started acting this way... if you are really in it as a hobby... why not do something more constructive with what you have...

Honestly... you seem level headed and obviously talented and intelligent... so why waste all that compute power and time on THIS coin... of all coins... THIS one... others have pointed out you have something against the creator/dev... but you deny it every time it comes up.

I ask you this... if... IF a more positive idea on your use of power were suggested and had merit, since you do not have any goal here, (supposedly) would you be willing to leave GME to grow and mature without causing it to rupture every few weeks?

There are three GME pools... would there be any way to talk you into splitting your hash between all three and only a portion of the 400MH/s to GME period?

There are so many other shit coins with dead dev support and huge premines that should be wiped away... so many that this type of action could render dead instantly...

IDK... maybe i'm just talking to a wall... but if there is a chance to harness your skills and power to advance things in crypto... shouldn't we all jump at the opportunity?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
daemonfox

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:32:52 AM

@daemonfox

Trying to help the pools and it was ALL I was doing at the time is what started all of this in the first place. Looking for flaws in security is something that is a hobby for me. I found a situation in CryptoExpert which at the time made up about 95% of the network on GME where a miner could mine at almost double normal speed, submit 100% rejects and still accumulate shares that would pay out.

Apparently no else had found this flaw, but if they had, they could have easily bankrupted the pool. Now do you think they said "Hey Thanks" or was it more like "fuck you, we're coding gods elite blah blah blah" and eventually ended with "go ahead, do your best, we're prepared"....

So here we are...

What was that you were saying about helping the pools?

~BCX~

PS. More than likely won't do anything at all, this coin is going to die from "developer attack" soon. The latest release will require a mandatory update within a 1000 blocks if it even runs that long.

See... that i'm not at all upset about... don't know that it went down that way exactly but... in this instance I will take it at face value.

If the flaw has been fixed with the pool, then there only remains the difficulty issues with the coin itself correct? MANY coins would suffer from 400MH/s dumping on it... CAPs forked because MP swapped to it at the same time vern had pool issues... LBW has forked as well likely in the same manner... but these two at least have a decent difficulty adjustment. So i agree with you there and I have already said it elsewhere... a 110% up or down 12 block adjustment is leaving the same issue... maxing difficulty with all that hash then it being abandoned to flail around until so many adjustments ratchet it back down again.

I am hoping MAYBE you will decide to leave it be... knowing the difficulty fix is not going to prevent this scenario... maybe something can be done without resetting the chain again.

If you can find it in yourself to not blast this on relaunch... maybe some progress can be made if a complete rebuild is not required once a month.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:57:30 AM

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
elend

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:02:19 AM

New clients have been posted in the first post courtesy of shakezula and maxpower respectively.

You will need to delete everything from %Appdata%\Gamecoin (or equivalent on other OS) except wallet.dat and gamecoin.conf and then start your client. It should then proceed to download 63,999 blocks at which point it will stop.

Block 64,000 was mined over 24 hours ago and is a required checkpoint so you will be unable to mine right now. This block will be released onto the network at 23:00 (GMT) on 8th September 2013 at which point mining will be able to recommence. This is to allow as many people as possible time to update and of course ensure that the relaunch is fair with nobody having an unfair advantage with the initial lower difficulty blocks.

Currently tyrion70 has signalled that his pool and block explorer is standing by at block 63,999 and ahmed_bodi is up to date but still requires some time to make some further updates to his pool. At the moment I haven't heard back from ortchi but I am hopeful everyone will be ready to go by the time block 64,000 is made available.

thank you for your efforts
elend

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:25:00 AM

Currently tyrion70 has signalled that his pool and block explorer is standing by at block 63,999

As am I.

You do realize by announcing the time this far ahead, the chain is going to be hit with a massive amount of hash power from all sides and multiple forks will take off in several directions due to the very low diff and fast retarget, don't you?

Thats the way coins are designed actually, and can be called "normal", nothing to worry about ...

The "strongest" chain will make the race....

Probably between the pools (and perphaps biggest solo-miners)

I assume, the best strategy for an average miner should be to split its hashing power over several pools !?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:48:09 AM

@BitcoinEXpress

Although security checks on coins is good and may be even necesary for it to grow, remember you are 'playing' with people's funds here.
All good coins get attacked sometimes and come out stronger.

Hope to see GME back on Cryptsy soon  Smiley

Petr1fied (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:17:39 PM

Actually that's not the case. The first change to the difficulty should occur at block 64,020 due to the timestamps of blocks 63995-64000 skewing the average.

The first 5 actual retargets will be 400% increases so by block 64,068 the difficulty should be at 0.24999936 (0.00024414 X 45). Only after this point will it switch to 110%

Relaunching with such a low difficulty, orphans are going to be a given but they should also be short lived.

I also get to add GME to the list of coins that I have over a million of, and yes prior to 64000  Grin Grin Grin

Perhaps you should consider protecting your investment and just sitting it out to see what happens?
eXclusiveOR

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

update worked and getblockcount says 63999. waiting for 64000...
unfortunately it seems ortchis pool hasn't been updated yet  Cry
Miner-TE

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:06:09 PM

where is the block?  Embarrassed

claygraffix

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:16:17 PM

also ready to go!
Miner-TE

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:17:15 PM

This party is late.... Smiley

acckiller

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:23:10 PM

still waiting
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: