Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitspend  (Read 6393 times)
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 02:29:35 PM

I did not disclose that address. Whether or not it is correct, I believe it is against forum rules to disclose personal information in public.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 06:41:06 PM

Bingo

I did not disclose that address. Whether or not it is correct, I believe it is against forum rules to disclose personal information in public.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
bomboclat77 (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

Sorry, but you can post information relevant to a scammer to help others from being scammed.

ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:33:08 PM

Releasing their private information does not prevent people from being "scammed". The website has now been disabled to make it impossible to place new orders. So you simply can not be "scammed" anymore. The releasing of that address does not help the situation at all.

In fact, By releasing that address, all you are doing is putting the individual and his family in danger of violence from angry and maybe even irrational past customers, as well as invading his privacy in a manner can be considered unlawful.

That's just not civil.

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:09:01 AM

I had a shipping from Amazon->Bitspend->Me and they did email me that the item had arrived to Bitspend warehouse and they would be shipping it to me the next day. Well, they announced their problems just after that and I never got my items. I emailed them and got an answer, something like "Sorry, did we already reship your item to you?".. I answered and now it's been over a month and nothing happened.

bomboclat77 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:00:48 PM

I had a shipping from Amazon->Bitspend->Me and they did email me that the item had arrived to Bitspend warehouse and they would be shipping it to me the next day. Well, they announced their problems just after that and I never got my items. I emailed them and got an answer, something like "Sorry, did we already reship your item to you?".. I answered and now it's been over a month and nothing happened.
My order was marked as paid & ordered weeks before they shut down. I think its obvious they were planning to scam, and they are holding onto all the items

Bitcoin Scammer

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 05:36:16 PM

Yeah, that is the trend of what I have been hearing about them. Hopefully the won't start the trend where the shut down and reopen under another name. (If they already haven't)

ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:53:41 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 04:31:41 PM by ReCat

I can go check out the BitSpend offices. But I need someone's help. Since I'm still a student, I don't have a car to go on my own.

If I receive a donation of 0.1 BTC or more to 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW , I can go get it cashed out and go visit the office, and provide all the information I can gather. (In photos/videos)

Why trust me? Well...It's only 0.1 BTC, afterall. Tongue

ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 05:00:48 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 05:34:44 PM by ReCat

If anyone's wondering why he reposted it, it's because Pastebin removed his previous paste due to - you guessed it or not - terms of use violations.

This information is for you and for your lawyers and whatnot, not for the public.

Threatening to sue is going to do nothing, and I am doubtful anyone is going to do it for you. So just go ahead and do it, although realize that it ain't cheap.

ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:38:07 PM

It seems the pastebin website owners disagreed with you.

Bitcoin Scammer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:46:38 PM

If they are the ones that scammed you it's better to have the info then not. 

ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 04:00:05 PM

I suppose so. I just fear that they might be legitimate people who made stupid mistakes, and some angry person will threaten them/their family/children, since they know where they live. What if one of the people who lost money on bitspend are prepared to murder from their anger?

It's just not safe to release that to a tank of piranhas.

But what do I care. I just hope someone can actually do something rather than threaten to sue and blah blah, and finally get this sorted out.

BitSpend did me many favors (Very kindly refunded products because of their error and such) and I hope they're not assholes that are headed to jail.

Bitcoin Scammer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 04:14:13 PM

I agree with ya on that.

bomboclat77 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:15:15 PM

So why is there not a real reaction to this scam? Were not many people scammed? Or do people have disposable coins and don't care that they were scammed?

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 01:50:20 PM

So why is there not a real reaction to this scam? Were not many people scammed? Or do people have disposable coins and don't care that they were scammed?

No, it's the fact that what you're doing is absolutely disgusting. Bitspend had their accounts shut down, it's too early to draw conclusions, yet you're publicizing all of the owner's personal information and putting him at risk.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 02:20:43 PM

It might be because it's too early to tell. Even a lawyer may tell you to wait a month or so more.

You ought to take action, and solve the mystery for everyone else while you're at it.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 08:59:08 PM

No, it's the fact that what you're doing is absolutely disgusting. Bitspend had their accounts shut down, it's too early to draw conclusions, yet you're publicizing all of the owner's personal information and putting him at risk.
He deserves everything bad that comes to him. It IS a scam.

If your bank account was shut down and you were working to fix the situation and you were the guys running BitSpend, would you appreciate some aggressive customer with disgusting practices trying to tear you to shreds?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 09:05:34 PM

Valid point, He is rather an asshole.

Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:51:22 PM

He deserves everything bad that comes to him. It IS a scam.

If your bank account was shut down and you were working to fix the situation and you were the guys running BitSpend, would you appreciate some aggressive customer with disgusting practices trying to tear you to shreds?

If you're out of hundreds of dollars and you were waiting for the situation to be fixed and you were a customer of Bitspend, would you appreciate some negligent business with disgusting practices trying to steal your money?

ReCat

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:37:49 PM

There are no updates to post.

It would basically be saying.

"Yep, Bank still has our funds."

"Still waiting on the bank."

Etc.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: