Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:26:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Philosopherstone - PHS | No Premine | Mandatory update 1.2Beta3  (Read 81073 times)
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:40:27 PM

lol
[WTB]         10,000PHS for 0.1BTC  PM me, digeros

Would be kinda tough to mine 10k with the stake diff surges imo

That said, WTB 10k too
LOL you have seen through my rouse!!! haha,  Grin   I  actually think the bottom value for the PHS is at least 0.08 per 1000 PHS

BUT
Do I have to try and setup a block explorer myself???
or do we have a PYTHON expert that can do it... I am willing to learn Python if I ABSOLUTELY have to.  - digeros

Yep I totally agree people should sell us all their worthless PHS 100k per .01 BTC before it's too late

Yes learn it, I messed with it a lil bit but needs more time to setup then I have

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:48:34 PM

lol

That said, WTB 10k too
LOL you have seen through my rouse!!! haha,  Grin   I  actually think the bottom value for the PHS is at least 0.08 per 1000 PHS

BUT
or do we have a PYTHON expert that can do it... I am willing to learn Python if I ABSOLUTELY have to.  - digeros

I'm working on a block explorer... Well, I'm working on setting up all the crap I need to start to think about setting up the stuff to work on a block explorer. I'll let you know in a day or two when I fail miserably or give up in despair.  Cheesy

daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:08:38 PM

so what block is this supposed to be on now? Pool and client show 11200+ but even the method above I cant break 7900s...

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

so what block is this supposed to be on now? Pool and client show 11200+ but even the method above I cant break 7900s...

you ran the 1.1 client and it stopped there?

daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:20:22 PM

Actually I ran this several times in a few different combinations just to see... and it is clear... there are peers at three different points of the chain sharing with everyone.

So, to clear this up once and for all... I followed the steps again, but this time I set all addnodes to connect= and added all the ones that showed they were on block 11200+ and then started with 1.0 and chaged to 1.2.

Flawless. Fast. Done.

To help out anyone who does not want to go through this, I made a zip of the 1.0 and 1.2 versions of PHS and included a conf file with the connect entries... once synced you should be able to change them to addnodes and be fine. This also includes block0001.dat with blkindex.dat synced to block 11225 and my peers.dat at the time of me closing the client.

Use at your own risk, I have no reason to have tampered with these but you should not just trust anyone who uploads anything and posts here. Do your due diligence, scan it etc. I take ZERO responsibility for loss of coins or anything else that might happen.

PHS8-13-13.zip

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

Kinda wonder why there are miners still mining on those low chains or better yet never upgraded client....

blows the mind

digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:27:34 AM

lol

That said, WTB 10k too
LOL you have seen through my rouse!!! haha,  Grin   I  actually think the bottom value for the PHS is at least 0.08 per 1000 PHS

BUT
or do we have a PYTHON expert that can do it... I am willing to learn Python if I ABSOLUTELY have to.  - digeros

Yep I totally agree people should sell us all their worthless PHS 100k per .01 BTC before it's too late

Yes learn it, I messed with it a lil bit but needs more time to setup then I have

YES IT is SCARY SCARY,  I am SO Glad I so sold ALL mine Wink but I may be willing to buy some again for the right price.  Wink
THESE Things could be completely worthless in less than a day (maybe)

YES BAil out now SELL SELL SELL -  I will catch you for 0.01BTC  per 10,000 PHS  ( a better offer than that Scondrel - PalmDetroit LOL) and take my chances (like a man) -digeros
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:35:13 AM

Has a new team been established to takeover PHS? People seem to be ignoring the fact that the official dev is still the same useless bastard that caused this mess and then did nothing to fix it. Although PHS tops the Cryptsy list, they are waiting until a new team has been established before pulling the trigger. PHS on Cryptsy would really get things moving.

I have a PHS-centric website I'd like to launch but a dev team and market value need to be somewhat established first.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:41:25 AM

Has a new team been established to takeover PHS? People seem to be ignoring the fact that the official dev is still the same useless bastard that caused this mess and then did nothing to fix it. Although PHS tops the Cryptsy list, they are waiting until a new team has been established before pulling the trigger. PHS on Cryptsy would really get things moving.

I have a PHS-centric website I'd like to launch but a dev team and market value need to be somewhat established first.

ya if he doesn't come back there will indeed be a new dev team. The coin has good properties IMO and worth saving

People are working on a new client at this very moment that doesn't get stuck.

vivabnet

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:31:32 AM

CAn not sync with 1.2 version
Melchom

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:44:35 AM

CAn not sync with 1.2 version

see post #586
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:36:35 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 08:08:37 AM by Balthazar

Can't build source on my debian/squeeze, I'll try to help later when my Ubuntu machine will be available.

Sorry for saying this, but I've got a lot of fun already while reading the source code. This guy made more than enough for such failure. Anyway, we can fix it. Roll Eyes

BTW, I should to ask everyone to stop mining until this will be fixed. Longest fork != right fork, there is no such guarantee. Don't waste your hashing power.
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:28:06 AM

Can't build source on my debian/squeeze, I'll try to help later when my Ubuntu machine will be available.

But I've got a lot of fun already while reading the source code. This guy made more than enough for such failure. Anyway, we can fix it. Roll Eyes

BTW, I should to ask everyone to stop mining until this will be fixed. Longest fork != right fork, there is no such guarantee.

ya its pretty bad  Tongue

flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:44:31 AM

It looks like that the time based switch is not working well, so the way to sync is really use 1.0/1.1 first until sync, then use 1.2.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:46:45 AM

It looks like that the time based switch is not working well, so the way to sync is really use 1.0/1.1 first until sync, then use 1.2.

there much worse problems in the code honestly

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:54:16 AM

so the way to sync is really use 1.0/1.1 first until sync, then use 1.2.
Wrong. It's just the way to create another invalid fork, which will be orphaned after issue will be resolved.
johntawaki (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:02:49 AM

It seems to me that someone forked the PHS chain and it is no longer the original chain. This is probably from the mess when some people switched to 1.2 and someone with big hashpower did not switch.

Since I am on a multi-week business trip now and have no access to my compilation environment, I can not help much on this. What I suggest is that if someone can take it over with a reasonable chain, the coin will probably survive. The source code is public source in github, and it is up to date.

Also it looks like the time-based switch is not good, the block-based switch is probably better and more forceful. Unfortunately for now the chain is messed up and if the community can go with the current chain it's probably OK (i.e. as someone suggested sync with 1/0/1.1 then 1.2).

This is a zero-premine coin, and I have virtually no coins (except a few thousands from the early mining). I'll help as I can for the community. Certainly I did not expect such a turmoil during my absence...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:26:25 AM

It seems to me that someone forked the PHS chain and it is no longer the original chain. This is probably from the mess when some people switched to 1.2 and someone with big hashpower did not switch.

Since I am on a multi-week business trip now and have no access to my compilation environment, I can not help much on this. What I suggest is that if someone can take it over with a reasonable chain, the coin will probably survive. The source code is public source in github, and it is up to date.

Also it looks like the time-based switch is not good, the block-based switch is probably better and more forceful. Unfortunately for now the chain is messed up and if the community can go with the current chain it's probably OK (i.e. as someone suggested sync with 1/0/1.1 then 1.2).

This is a zero-premine coin, and I have virtually no coins (except a few thousands from the early mining). I'll help as I can for the community. Certainly I did not expect such a turmoil during my absence...

As it stands now (the 1.1>1.2 trick, and others) No exchange is going to list it , and would have no future potential really. I guess we have to see how far  back the real chain is and if it's even possible to fix the assumed current chain which is really not the PHS chain .

It does seem like 1.1 is the 'right' chain currently and 1.2 is not...

one4many

Activity: 516

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:19:56 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 09:43:13 AM by one4many

As it stands now (the 1.1>1.2 trick, and others) No exchange is going to list it , and would have no future potential really. I guess we have to see how far  back the real chain is and if it's even possible to fix the assumed current chain which is really not the PHS chain .

+1 .... But PLEASE keep mining with all you got!  Grin
 .... LTC mining got nearly 200 (difficulty) easier ... making me more money  Cool
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:31:33 AM

As it stands now (the 1.1>1.2 trick, and others) No exchange is going to list it , and would have no future potential really. I guess we have to see how far  back the real chain is and if it's even possible to fix the assumed current chain which is really not the PHS chain .

+1 .... But PLEASE keep mining with will all you gotGrin
 .... LTC mining got nearly 200 (difficulty) easier ... making me more money  Cool

LTC! CMC is 100% more profit!

We will prolly have to stick with 1.1 and work from there, not sure anyone would want to lose last 6k blocks lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: