Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:31:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: short- or long term trading  (Read 182 times)
Sirbenjamin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:25:49 PM

What would you recommend me? Short- or long term trading? In my opinion short-term trading can be profitable, but it seems like a big gamble.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apvmoreira

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:11:17 PM

It depends.

I like to see cycles on the trading and they happen a lot.

So, if it's a very scammy coin, a big cycle will happen and you just to be aware when you can buy it low and then wait, maybe 2 or more weeks to see the devs of the coin trying to gain something more with it and then you cash out.

If it's a more stable/old coin that didn't die, you just try to gain from micro earnings that happen with the normal fluctuation of the coin.

Both cases, you cannot panic! Never!
Rodrigo Santos

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:07:53 PM

Like apvmoreira says, it depends.

You have to wait to the best moment to trade.
To make quick cash, is better the short-term trade (trade BTC – Altcoins - BTC), taking advantage of fluctuations throughout the day, but sometimes this fluctuations take large periods to generate profit.
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:21:40 PM

What would you recommend me? Short- or long term trading? In my opinion short-term trading can be profitable, but it seems like a big gamble.

You're right! Short term trading (daytrading) is very profitable, but requires excellent analytical skills - if you are a beginner, I strongly advise don't do that!
Observing the history of bitcoin price for long-term investors, it is always profitable and the safest.
The choice is yours.
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:58:12 PM

For me both
short term is very profitable but its need skills and patient, long term is good for investment profitable too but safest way to earn. Its up to you longterm or shorterm.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
tvset

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:15:32 PM

For me "don't feel panic never" is the best advice
chathura

Activity: 117

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:22:26 PM

If you have good analytical skills you can invest short term but long term and short term investment same profitable.
Arz26

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:26:00 PM

Much better for long term and just wait when the coins raising up and choose those coin who have A great potential for better future.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:33:28 PM

You looks like a newbie. I recommend long term holding for you. Short term trading is profitable if you have good trading skills. If you don't have trading skills don't do it. Keep holding.
milhaop

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:36:08 PM

Both are good. You can put 60% on long term options and 40% for short-term/daily trading. It's the best option.

I always use this and I'm doing a bunch of money.
TaKlarPH

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:44:13 PM

Just saying this because I only have a little knowledge about trading.

•Is this short term the process of which you use your exchange wallet to buy and sell the bitcoin or any coin that can be trade?

If this is the the process of short therm this is the one that I have been doing all this time

•Can you explain what is the long term process step by step?

Thanks in advance
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:47:09 PM

First you must find the style that suit your trading sense.

IMO, long term is more easy. Just buy when dipped and wait for 3 months, you will gain 50% at least if choose the right coin.
SWONG

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:56:46 AM

Mianly part i think is long term trading, if you are freeman you can take part for short, enjoy it!
Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:55:40 PM

It depends on your mind. If you think that if you invest your money for a long while and can get benefit then you can use short term or you can try to deal with long-term. See the online market at first and then set up your mind and take the right decision that you can afford.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:13:12 PM

I think long term term trading is the one with bigger gamble here. No matter what you say, I would not believe that you know what's gonna happen in future. Forget the long future, go back 2-3 weeks. Did you ever thought the value of bitcoins will be running 3k low? I bet you didn't. So, it's not sure if a long run will give you a profit with certainty. That's why I think short term trading is better than long term. You can make the trade when you are in profit, if you have to count loss, then don't make the trade.
j4shortee

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:21:22 PM

I think long-term trading rather is an investment. Less risky and less profitable way.
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:10:30 PM

short term is idd a gamble if you don't know what you are doing.

long term is fine if you have a good coin in mind with a good project behind it

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:40:31 PM

You are right in my opinion. Markets can be very difficult to predict in the short term, there's a huge volatility on crypto markets and thus it is like gambling, unless you own pump groups or you're a whale. Long term a.k.a. hodling is less risky and stressful and can guarantee better returns with less risks. But you gotta have faith and patience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: