Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some advice about erupters  (Read 1453 times)
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:28:51 PM

Hi, i never tried mining, so i was wondering should i buy 40 erupters and start mining with them?

I have 3 more questions..

1. when you think i will be able to get 23 btc back?
2. I have 2 laptops only (1st is normal laptop second one is a mini laptop), I don't have any desktop.
so do you think they will be able to handle 2 usb hubs on each of them?
3. do you think running a laptop 24x7 is a bad idea?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

Hi, i never tried mining, so i was wondering should i buy 40 erupters and start mining with them?

2. I have 2 laptops only (1st is normal laptop second one is a mini laptop), I don't have any desktop.

It will take at least 4-5 months at current difficulty, which is irrelevant as difficulty will not remain the same. I'd say something north of that if ever for ROI. Dustcoin.com is a decent place to start.

I don't see any inherent reason the laptops should have issues from running 24/7. If you were hashing on them, however, they may overheat. But since the hashing is occurring on the USB sticks, it shouldn't be relevant. I'm not positive about the hubs, but I don't see why not.

BTC Long.
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:55:21 PM

It will take at least 4-5 months at current difficulty, which is irrelevant as difficulty will not remain the same. I'd say something north of that if ever for ROI. Dustcoin.com is a decent place to start.

I don't see any inherent reason the laptops should have issues from running 24/7. If you were hashing on them, however, they may overheat. But since the hashing is occurring on the USB sticks, it shouldn't be relevant. I'm not positive about the hubs, but I don't see why not.

Thanks for reply, i already checked dustcoin,according to it, i should get 6.52 BTC  in a month  (333x40=13320 MH/s) but as you said it depends on difficulty level.

So do you think i will get able to get  (6x4) 24 BTC back in 4 months ?

americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

Thanks for reply, i already checked dustcoin,according to it, i should get 6.52 BTC  in a month  (333x40=13320 MH/s) but as you said it depends on difficulty level.

So do you think i will get able to get  (6x4) 24 BTC back in 4 months ?

That calc is pretty much correct. Also, you can mine SHA-256 Alt coins on them.

Another thing you can do to save much more electricity is to buy one Dlink 7 Port hub which supports only USB 2.0 and use Raspberry pi to run these erupters. This will not require laptops and you will save on the electricity as well.

P.S : Am doing a USB Erupters sales in the marketplace if you are interested https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263692.0
The prices are at par with the market and lesser to some other group buys.

Let me know if you want to buy in bulk. Probably i can throw some freebie for you(probably a Raspberry pi for you. Not sure. depends on the order qty).
Thanks,

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

Thanks for info guys, any suggestion about pool etc?

Ps: Thanks for your offer americandesi, but i prefer to buy directly.

Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:16:58 AM

Thanks for info guys, any suggestion about pool etc?

Ps: Thanks for your offer americandesi, but i prefer to buy directly.

btcguild good pool, you can join Team India there, currently on 17 place.

http://ozco.in/  good too as reserve secondary pool, they have server in AUS with good ping from India and low load. Read about payment methods, it is quite important, how much coins you make may depend on which payment method you choose.

alt coins now not much use for ASIC, terracoins been brutally forked few days ago and nearly  dead now.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:24:20 AM

I've operated 61 USB erupters, and the most important thing is to make sure your hubs can handle the power load.  4A@12V 10 port Ankers are good, and so are 5A@12V 10 port hubs by "Juiced Systems".  Each erupter requires 510ma@5V or 2.55 Watts of power.  The hub itself will use a couple watts.  You'll also want a bit of airflow or things will get warm.

As for pool, I personally prefer p2pool.  I get to set the rules for the blocks I attempt, merged mining is easy to set up, there are two channels to propagate solved blocks on (resulting in fewer orphans), and there is no fee unless you donate to the author.  It does take a bit of systems administration knowledge to set it up, although you can also mine on a public node.  However, many public nodes charge a fee.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: