Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Clash: Cryptocurrency Prediction Game Platform  (Read 189 times)
rezius (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:04:35 AM

This is an idea ive had for a while and already have the name trademarked and debating rolling it out in a month or two. This is a very very rough draft with a basic summary. Basically a prediction game on crypto with microtransactions as well. Works like those online poker apps where you can buy in chips but they have no value. It also has similarities to daily fantasy sports. Depending on the feedback received here, and also feedback from a legal team, I will need some graphics support if anyone is interested. Or if anyone wants to help out with anything in general.

Thoughts on the idea?

What is Coin Clash?

Coin Clash is a cryptocurrency prediction game platform based on forum software with digital play money called CLASH Token that has and never will have any real value. Users compete against each other to see who the best price predictor among cryptocurrencies is. Winners get crowned champion of that contest and/or specific cryptocurrency and also awarded CLASH Tokens.

What is the point of Coin Clash?

Mostly for entertainment purposes and users can also see who the best predictors of prices are and follow that person’s investments if they choose to do so. Coin Clash does not endorse or take responsibility for anyone’s predictions or investments. This is at the users own free will to follow another user. It also helps spread awareness of cryptocurrency in a fun form where users can predict and socialize.

How does Coin Clash work?

Coin Clash will have Prediction Contests in weekly and eventually daily format. An example of the contest would be something in the form of “Bitcoin Prediction Contest” and people buy in with CLASH Tokens. A duration will be given such as “Predict Bitcoins Price on 3/15/2018” the closest wins the contest.

CLASH Token

CLASH Token is not a cryptocurrency. It can never be traded for real fiat currency or cryptocurrency. It only exists on the forum as a forum currency (play money) and is only used for forum and game purposes. It can buy you into contests, tournaments, among other uses.

How do I get CLASH Tokens?

Multiple ways. CLASH Tokens are earned by a variety of things such as: Forum Posting, finishing high in contests, referrals, making awareness videos of Coin Clash, and you can also buy CLASH Token on the forum in the commerce market directly from Coin Clash. Any attempts to buy CLASH Token from anything other than Coin Clash is a scam.

You can find a complete guide on how to earn CLASH Token here:

Coin Clash Championships

Each Cryptocurrency will have a Champion, the person who predicts that cryptocurrency the most accurately. This person will defend his championship in one on one contests against whoever is next in line to challenge for the Championship. Higher amount of CLASH Tokens are rewarded in Championship Matches and the Champion has a chance to really build up his collection while retaining his championship. Just like cryptocurrency, the championships are digital and any graphics made for the championship are done so by community members.

Coin Clash Tournament

There will be tournaments of 8, 16, and 64 variety’s. These tournaments consist both of one on one matches. We are also developing a poker themed tournament as well where ten individuals will predict prices over a span of a few hours and are given a pre determined amount of CLASH Tournament Tokens (not the same as CLASH Token) and compete against each other over the course of a duration of time.

Disclaimer:

It is important to note that CLASH Tokens will never have any value and cannot be exchanged for any kind of digital or physical item. Any persons trying to sell or exchange CLASH Tokens (impossible) will be banned from the website.

Coin Clash also does not endorse or support the predictions of any user. If you decide to make an investment based on a users prediction, Coin Clash does not take responsibility or liable in any way. You agreed to this with your first post in the Terms and Conditions Topic.

Positive or negative feedback welcomed.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2940
Merit: 904

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:21:25 PM

I can`t figure out how a simple prediction game without any real and valuable rewards can be fun.
Interesting idea,but you should add more features and make it more complex.
You should provide more incentives for the people ,who will buy clash tokens.
What if there are more than one winners in all the prediction contests. The rewards will be very small.

rezius (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

I can`t figure out how a simple prediction game without any real and valuable rewards can be fun.
Interesting idea,but you should add more features and make it more complex.
You should provide more incentives for the people ,who will buy clash tokens.
What if there are more than one winners in all the prediction contests. The rewards will be very small.

People will play in tournaments to be called champion and etc. People also get to see who the best traders are. People play Zynga Poker and other Online Games where they buy chips that have no value. They do this for fun.  If I reward people with money or items worth money that's when it becomes illegal. There will be complex things added and this is just the very rough draft.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 09:38:39 AM

People will play in tournaments to be called champion and etc. People also get to see who the best traders are. People play Zynga Poker and other Online Games where they buy chips that have no value. They do this for fun.  If I reward people with money or items worth money that's when it becomes illegal. There will be complex things added and this is just the very rough draft.

I've been rewarding users who play my games for years with money, I can assure you it is perfectly legal.
rezius (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:24:39 PM

I've been rewarding users who play my games for years with money, I can assure you it is perfectly legal.

Well considering they have the option to buy in for more Tokens to play, and they are predicting crypto prices, I don't believe this to be legal in my country: United States.
anartist

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:52:00 PM

I would like it if the clash coins were actual cryptocurrency. Potential profit and a thrill for gambling always lure in many people.
rezius (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:29:38 PM

I would like it if the clash coins were actual cryptocurrency. Potential profit and a thrill for gambling always lure in many people.

Yes this would be great and was my original idea for it to be a real cryptocurrency. However, with the ability to buy tokens, predict crypto prices against other users, and getting rewarded a real cryptocurrency that can be exchanged into FIAT would be illegal in the United States and considered gambling.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 12:08:18 AM

Well considering they have the option to buy in for more Tokens to play, and they are predicting crypto prices, I don't believe this to be legal in my country: United States.

I live in the United States of America as well, there are strict online gambling laws here sure but this isn't gambling. This is submitting one's opinion in a social forum with the aim of gaining a reward for being correct. We have had game shows for many decades doing basically the same thing. Guess the price of this and win etc etc.

Once you start dealing with Fiat that is when your problems arise. There are many regulations and licenses needed and can become a very expensive and time consuming ordeal. Simple solution to that is just don't use fiat on your websites and just pay taxes on income you make from it.
rezius (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:13:50 AM

People will play in tournaments to be called champion and etc. People also get to see who the best traders are. People play Zynga Poker and other Online Games where they buy chips that have no value. They do this for fun.  If I reward people with money or items worth money that's when it becomes illegal. There will be complex things added and this is just the very rough draft.

I live in the United States of America as well, there are strict online gambling laws here sure but this isn't gambling. This is submitting one's opinion in a social forum with the aim of gaining a reward for being correct. We have had game shows for many decades doing basically the same thing. Guess the price of this and win etc etc.

Once you start dealing with Fiat that is when your problems arise. There are many regulations and licenses needed and can become a very expensive and time consuming ordeal. Simple solution to that is just don't use fiat on your websites and just pay taxes on income you make from it.

Seems like a very risky gray area.

Also the project would need most of the token for this to be able to reward users. What if the government claims I can manipulate the price of the token? Obviously would never do that but it seems like a very risky ordeal.

If it was an actual cryptocurrency, I think this idea would have a ton of success.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:46:02 AM

This is a nice start up but I don't prefer playing prediction games it is just like always being observant with the blockchain of coin. Supposedly this could be time consuming. Prediction is like always gambling don't need to put much effort in it but your mind is functioning always asking what could be the price tomorrow at the next day. GOODLUCK to your project.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 02:37:43 AM

Seems like a very risky gray area.

Also the project would need most of the token for this to be able to reward users. What if the government claims I can manipulate the price of the token? Obviously would never do that but it seems like a very risky ordeal.

If it was an actual cryptocurrency, I think this idea would have a ton of success.

Where did you read this?

The government cannot decide how much you sell your own assets for, we live in a Capitalist society where what you just posted is how we operate as a nation and have done so for 200+ years.

It is best if you actually research things before trying to start a project, from what I've seen here today you don't know how business works or operates so you will fail unless you take the time to learn.
ritsel02

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:37:50 PM

The idea is interesting it's nice to predict and win through it.Hopefully the coin soon can also be converted into fiat or into some items depending on the amount of coins won to make it more fun.
CantIdentify

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:48:01 PM

Thats a pretty cool idea! I am in.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:18:02 PM

It's definitely a very interesting idea and I think your reasoning is correct to not turn your CLASH tokens into another tradable crypto currency.
Do you already have an idea on what the UI would look like? I'd be interested in knowing how you're going to turn this into a somewhat immersive experience for players.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: