Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU friendly Altcoin in development  (Read 8173 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:54:57 AM

Still waiting for this  Cool
For what? CPU friendly coin already here, it called prime dice.
Whaat? Link.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minerapia

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:04:08 AM

dunno how heavily youre coin is based on radixsort but theres an example for it in opencl, so It's prolly not that hard to make GPU miner.
https://developer.nvidia.com/opencl#oclRadixSort

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j
msweb (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:25:28 PM

dunno how heavily youre coin is based on radixsort but theres an example for it in opencl, so It's prolly not that hard to make GPU miner.
https://developer.nvidia.com/opencl#oclRadixSort

It's far away from being a coin. Thanks for the link. It seems I have to take a deeper look at current radix sort calculations for GPUs. Reading about it seems to me that radix sort isn't the way to go here in the long run. Scrypt with fixed parameters isn't very wise too in the long run.

Next development steps to go (I'm working on the designs):
1. A decentralized cryptoexchange protocol
2. A cryptocoin with a fix USD/Coin rate
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

The model I favor is rapid distribution followed by a 2% inflation. I'll have more about this soon.

Okay - so in case you hadn't guessed - this is now MemoryCoin. Smiley I think it is the first really GPU-Resistant Coin.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:22:45 AM

you people truly do not understand, you can use new methods but all you do is delay a gpu implementation. There is no such thing as GPU resistance and ASIC resistance. If the market and money behind any coin was large enough, all that would be in dev right now.
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:00:50 PM

Obviously you cannot write an algorithm that cannot run on a GPU but runs on a CPU.  What we are concerned with is making the ratio as low as possible.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:09:50 PM

What about a proof of work requiring hard drive storage? Or even a lot of memory - it's expensive on server farms and hard for botnets too.

The memory route is scrypt.  The hard drive route doesn't work because you can have a million computers access the same hard drive.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
jbrower

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:15:30 AM

All-

I apologize in advance for posting on an old thread.  The initial section of this thread is relevant to my question and I haven't found other forums with an answer.

For Litecoin, if memory size is increased in processing the Scrypt algorithm, for example to 384 kByte instead of 128 kByte (and assuming likewise an L2 cache size of 384 kByte), would the typical CPU architecture (x86, PPC, etc) be likely to see a corresponding increase in performance?

I realize that increasing BlockMix memory usage is not typically done on GPU architectures, for various reasons.

Thanks.

-Jeff
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:40:53 AM

i know its of topic, but can you tell me what im doing wrong in my altcoin creation?  I generated a merkle and also a genesis, but I have 2 peers configured with each others IPs as per instructions but they just dont see each other.  I tried it 2x, i dont think I missed a step. was there something missing from instructions?  I picked some random base58 address, the instructions werent very clear at all, but seems like that bas58 address really wasnt that big of a deal.

no im not going to release this here, its for another forums site I frequent, just want to give everyone there something to mine as a fun thing / joke sort of thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: