Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it easier for cheap coins to multiply in value vs expensive coins?  (Read 176 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:11:07 AM

I mentioned this quite a bit.  I feel a coin that is 1 dollar has a lot better chance to increase to say 5 dollars then a coin that is 50 and increasing to 50.  I read some people saw that is what beginners think.  However... john mcafee posted a tweet where he said if you understand math, its a lot easier for a coin that is 3 cents to hit 3 dollars then a coin that is 300 to hit 30000. 

So based on that, does that mean its easier for a cheap coin to 5x itself vs an expensive coin?  I always felt this is the case but other people seem to not agree though a few others do agree.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:34:44 AM

I also think that cheaper coins have more capabilities to multiply in value. The problem, it is also easy to be dumped and be gone out of value.
kumara

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:03:34 AM

I mentioned this quite a bit.  I feel a coin that is 1 dollar has a lot better chance to increase to say 5 dollars then a coin that is 50 and increasing to 50.  I read some people saw that is what beginners think.  However... john mcafee posted a tweet where he said if you understand math, its a lot easier for a coin that is 3 cents to hit 3 dollars then a coin that is 300 to hit 30000. 

So based on that, does that mean its easier for a cheap coin to 5x itself vs an expensive coin?  I always felt this is the case but other people seem to not agree though a few others do agree.

I agree with mcafee, it is easier for a coin to go from 3c to $3. But only if there is already momentum.
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:43:59 AM

I mentioned this quite a bit.  I feel a coin that is 1 dollar has a lot better chance to increase to say 5 dollars then a coin that is 50 and increasing to 50.  I read some people saw that is what beginners think.  However... john mcafee posted a tweet where he said if you understand math, its a lot easier for a coin that is 3 cents to hit 3 dollars then a coin that is 300 to hit 30000.  

So based on that, does that mean its easier for a cheap coin to 5x itself vs an expensive coin?  I always felt this is the case but other people seem to not agree though a few others do agree.
Cheap Altcoins do have potential for big profits but I think there are other factors to consider such as market cap, supply of coins and the potential of their technology. So in essence not all cheap coins will be easy to raise the value to 5x for example XRP and NEM that already have a high market cap.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:20:30 PM

Its mostly true in the case of newly released coins which are pumped more for a good start.When considering well established altcoins which have more price,its mostly true but when comparing with bitcoin,it would not be correct because bitcoin has a tendency to increase from just $850 to $5,000 within ten months and to reach surprisingly $20,000 within a month.

Better invest in a coin which has a low price and at the same time,a potential to reach high prices.Otherwise,you would end up in loss by investing in shitcoins.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:23:59 PM

There is no difference about how many times they can duplicate their value, it all depends on the marketcap, the hype that the coin receives, and the development of the project. Or just in a pump/dump situation.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:01:39 PM

absolutely. and the same things goes for the journey downwards too. if you luck out then you choose a coin with a real future but the chances are that the coin is some pump group's stooge.

if you can ride the same wave, great. but don't go developing some belief in your own genius. most of it's cynical or random.
negamus

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:35:01 PM

Of course not, the price of each coin depends on the supply and demand that they have, and of course, the total supply of that coin and the total marketcap. You can not compare the cheap ones with the expensive ones, because most of the cheap ones have billions of coins in circulation.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:59:42 PM

I mentioned this quite a bit.  I feel a coin that is 1 dollar has a lot better chance to increase to say 5 dollars then a coin that is 50 and increasing to 50.  I read some people saw that is what beginners think. 
It's not easier but it's sensible, because people will invest in a coin which is in cents rather than investing in a coin which is worth 100$ and when you know the coin which is worth only in cents is underrated and you can profit from it. But there are coins which are worth investing even it's costly because some of the cheap coins can be shit ones and maybe they have a chance to be ponzi scheme .
However... john mcafee posted a tweet where he said if you understand math, its a lot easier for a coin that is 3 cents to hit 3 dollars then a coin that is 300 to hit 30000.  
Agreed, this makes sense, a lot of coins have gone from cents to dollars in a very short period of time. One of the salient features of trading.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:18:23 PM

Yes, you are right and with the cointhat is cheap you have more volume of the coin and surely  it has much room for growth. Eventually you will make more money.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:22:54 PM

Well I think that works not really because of the gains, but because of both the psychological barrier that big numbers have, and of course the market liquidity. Normally those less expensive coins don't have a big marketcap, so it's easier for it's price to increase a lot, and in a short amount of time. We have some quite recent examples of coins that did just that. Of course, you also have the example of ripple and stellar. They are very well known coins, but it's taking them a lot of time to reach those gains.

vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:24:13 PM

Yes, it is possible for a cheaper coin to multiply than expensive coins.
As for me, I feel if what the coin has to offer is quite different than the  other then, its may increase or multiply. And also some people buy cheap coins to experiment in order not waste money if the coins is not what they expected.
Though, sometimes expensive coins may keep on multiplying than cheap coins; and this is as a influence of its popularity. Because many people buy Coins when they see it price is high, they feel its important than the others.
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 09:29:19 PM

I don't think it's good idea to base your predictions on the typical price of the coin. But if we talking about capitalization of the project then yes, its easier to pump smaller coins for more %. But there are thousands of them. You have to analyze the project, and the roadmap for the expectations. Just buying cheap coins isn't best option imo.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
fat buddah

Activity: 329
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:37:08 PM

Why would it be more easier? The price is only depending in only ONE thing; the demand.
If it does not have much demand, the price would not rise. If it has a huge supply, it will get stucked.

criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:10:29 PM

It is not base on the cheapest price. I think it was base on the success of the project and the potential of the platform to stand out among the thousand crypto currency that is present today.

Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:24:28 PM

It is easier to pump cheaper coins than expensive coins.
Also it is easier to dump cheaper coins than expensive once.
But if you look bitcoin it is easy to dump it too but to pump is harder.

I agree and disagree with you.
I also agree is easy to pump or make double the cheap coin compare with expensive one. But it is easier to dump cheap coins as well.
Whem you it is easy to dump bitcoin but hard to pump then i have not agree. If you saw how bitcoin go up from cheap and how it goes down. Which one is quicker? Its quicker when its value goes up than goes down. So not so easy to dump.
If everybody say bitcoin is now crash, i dont think so. It is just correction amd next year ready to climb again.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

I think, what "John McAfee" said was true, this was brilliant idea and really incredible.
And this as I said in the previous post,
However, if I had a 500$ i will invest in cheapest coin, with a coin price below 1$ like ADA, ETN, WHERE, DOGE and BCN.

I totally agree with "John McAfee", because it's very real and very reasonable.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:52:10 AM

I think so but this is depend the fundamental of the coin, price of cheap coin can be multiple just a few day. Cheap coin with good fundamental will able and easy to going up by multiple can be afew day just like Tron, only in 10 days going up until 10 times.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: