Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:57:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what to buy  (Read 152 times)
Cagnipa (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:12:56 AM

Hi all,

newbie here to crypto so got a lot of catching up..
want to know whether to invest in one of those crypto's that are less than a cent each and hope for the jackpot like bitcoin or start buying some of the others around 20 to 1000 bucks each??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:25:06 AM

Hi all,

want to know whether to invest in one of those crypto's that are less than a cent each and hope for the jackpot like bitcoin or start buying some of the others around 20 to 1000 bucks each??
I want to buy anything for me for my needs in my daily life, and I dream to buy bitcoin  someday when I have enough money to invest who knows I having a jackpot because of bitcoin

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:34:23 AM

You can try to diversify your investment across 3 coins. One of them can be bitcoin. You will have to do some research on the others before your invest. You can look into ETH, Litecoin or NEO. Best of luck!

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
tarhas

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:51:24 AM

If i had money I would buy etherium, but may be this is not best decision.
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:13:19 AM

Hi Cagnipa
To be perfectly honest the real answer is nobody can tell you what to buy. This is something you need to decide for yourself. All coins and tokens are aimed at some market, some of these are short term hype and have no actual value long term, others  are really awesome products that address some given problem really well using blockchain technology, some of which the mainstream hasn't discovered yet.

Don't be in a mindset of valuating a coins growth potential based on its full unit price, meaning don't say "this thing is 0.0001 USD, if I buy a thousands dollar worth and it hits one dollar I am rich". This is a bad way to look at things, rather assess coins by their products and teams. Even if something costs 200 USD now, it doesn't mean you need a minimum of 200 USD to buy into it. You can buy a fraction of a coin.

If you buy and HODL a coin that you believe has long term potential then you always made the right decision. We vote on what projects will be around and which ones wont based on what we buy. Diversification like a lot of people will tell you is also very important, diversify over high mid and low-cap coins. So yea its fine to try some jackpot coin(if you see long term value in their project), but dont put in too much of your portfolio into it.

Lastly if you are new I would say make sure you understand how the underlying technology works to some extent, how to store your funds and how to spot a scam ICO. Too many new people are getting themselves scammed because they dive in head first into crypto.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
ahmadoo

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:27:41 AM

I think if you want to buy some coins it is better for you to buy some coins that worth than 1 or 2 dollars for each one, as these coins, are promising and have more chances to get higher prices sooner than those who are less than 0.5 dollars.
as for myself, I prefer to invest in $Onions, as they have a good potential and they do well in the crypto market.
Gynjorn24

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:34:59 PM

No one could really tell you whats good or whats bad. It all depends on your evaluation of the coin. Thats why we have a "do your own research" policy. So you wouldnt blame anyone if a coin that you chose, fails. Its all up to you bro. Know your alts  Wink good luck!
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 04:55:14 PM

It's not an investment when you purchase a new coin for .0001 cents, it's a speculation and IMO most of the coins/tokens you see out there right now will disappear at some point in the future. There is really no need for 700 payment coins or 200 privacy coins, or 300 smart contract tokens...

Do you remember the dot com bust? Where everything that had a .com went up on the Nasdaq in the late 1990's?  In 2000, they all blew up and went to 0.  The same thing is going to happen in crypto IMO.

I think it is safer to have a holding in the top coins first. (Like BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, Dash) Then take a small portion of your portfolio in the alt coins.
dongshanwe

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:39:38 PM

Hi all,

I want to buy anything for me for my needs in my daily life, and I dream to buy bitcoin  someday when I have enough money to invest who knows I having a jackpot because of bitcoin
[/quote

I want to close hypothec and go travelling. I want to travel to Spain and Italy with my family
justin.kop1

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:34:21 PM

Read whitepapers and follow ICOs. Do your own research. Look on the team and the community if both are powerfull you will end up with profit.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

To be safe side you may buy BTC, LTC, ETH, DASH, XRP, these are some premium and well established cryptos. Onthe other hand this time you can buy ETN or EDO here is why:
ETN: mobile miner is expected to launch in few weeks.
EDO: ERC20 token exchange expected to launch in this quarter.
oli123

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:38:49 PM

As some have already written, for some money buy altcoins that have long been on the market and are stable, for example, ethereum or litecoin - are relatively stable in price upwards.
Next, of course, also bitcoin. Also an interesting investment would be the purchase of some other coins such as deeponion or gobyte. I would invest in this way.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:01:35 PM

Hi all,

I will implore you to check out Arcblock which was born for blockchain 3.0,its bringing a new thing to cryptocurrency sphere, am sure if you invest on it, you will never regret...
Actualiteit

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:03:15 PM

Protip: Don't buy things people on this forum tell you to unless you have read the whitepaper and are convinced yourself that the project is going to be successful. If I were you, I would go to www.coincheckup.com and start clicking stuff. you're going to have to catch up with the rest of us on what's happening right now in cryptoland, and it's not going to happen blindly following people spamming tickers in your thread. If you want to get into Initial Coin offerings, check out this vid by Sergio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nCEBoB_Ak He has made a spreadsheet where different upcoming ICO's are ranked. It'll give you an idea on what's coming up, and what's not so coming up.

READ WHITEPAPERS, I'm serious. They give you an insight of what the project wants to achieve and how. Read a whitepaper that made you think "What the fuck are these dudes doing, this makes no sense"? Don't buy, it's probably a bullshit project. Also make a free account on www.tradingview.com, lot's of things to be learnt about charting there. People also publich their idea's which you can pitch your own against.

I PERSONALLY think 2018 is going to be the year of Privacy related coins and decentralized exchanges. Some people think other concepts will boom. create you own vision, don't let others make one for you.

Good luck, have fun and if you want to talk just PM.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: