Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 oz Silver Engelhard Bars (Rare) .4 BTC per.  (Read 2275 times)
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 02:39:46 AM

You had implied I was trying to rip people off which isn't the case. I should have definitely mentioned these were poured bars!  I wanted to get some facts across quickly and was in a rush. I hear Amagi and Agora provide topnotch services.  Wish them the best.

Here is a photo of the bars I had come across, so you'll see my asking price was plenty reasonable:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DtFgVWZ3fsg/UKWF7e2BfTI/AAAAAAAAFtA/emobXM-g1_8/s400/1ozEngelhardAustraliaSilver.jpg

Them being poured bars was a rather significant fact you were totally missing in the original post..
You're very right. I have been dealing in bullion (especially silver) for a while and I had never come across or even HEARD of 1oz hand-poured Engelhard bars. I did a lot of looking and this was all I could find:

http://about.ag/Engelhard-1oz.htm

Hand-poured 1ozers have to be among the rarest Engelhard products ever made-if they were truly minted by Engelhard. That I am curious about. The pour on the pictures of these is pretty terrible. I pour my own silver with a MAPP gas torch, a poor man's crucible and wood molds I buy at the craft store...they end up looking A LOT better than that. I find it difficult to believe that Engelhard would stamp such a bar with their logo (due to their respected status). Also, nearly ALL Engelhard bars ever minted have a serial number on them-these do not. I am not necessarily accusing OP of "foul play", but it would be very easy for the Chinese to produce a "hand-poured", make an Engelhard stamp and stamp it. All things considered, I would stay away from these-even though the idea of a 1oz hand-poured Engelhard bar is pretty cool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 02:59:34 AM

Dunno anything about silver or whats legit / whats not, but just FYI to other bitcoiners, all sorts of fakes for silver and gold coins are sold cheap on Silk Road. You can buy a silver plated 1 oz fake coin for like $6 per on there. They claim it weighs the same as the real thing.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 04:22:25 PM

Dunno anything about silver or whats legit / whats not, but just FYI to other bitcoiners, all sorts of fakes for silver and gold coins are sold cheap on Silk Road. You can buy a silver plated 1 oz fake coin for like $6 per on there. They claim it weighs the same as the real thing.

The difference is pretty obvious on those to anyone that deals with silver.  They are too thick.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:50:56 AM

The difference is pretty obvious on those to anyone that deals with silver.  They are too thick.

I was thinking that, too. But who knows how short they are.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: