Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ethereum overbought, overvalued, peoples obsession and why waves is far better  (Read 257 times)
AboeHoeraira

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:00:35 AM

Well, waves might just compete with Ethereum and become an equal rival if it keeps up like this,
maybe by end of 2018 waves will overcome ETH who knows
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:17:58 AM

Nah, and here's a tip for the future.

Pitch the benefits and great features of your shilled coin without resorting to attacking another. That's the sign of an actual confident program and marketing team; as well as confident investors. Any time 90% of your pitch is "Fuck THAT coin, leave THAT coin and come to THIS coin over here" you look like a fool trying to ride someone else's momentum. Or basically, a "Me too" coin.

So long as you stick to that approach you will always be the stepchild instead of the star.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:20:44 AM

Yes, so you want me to put some coins in this slot machine just so you can get paid out on the IOU it owes you.

Tell me what makes this slot machine look better then the one next door apart from it does PoS and not
PoW but does not do contracts like ETH

No transaction fees ever maybe or is this one a special one that sell holiday vouchers at discount prices or something

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 12:23:13 AM

Pitch the benefits and great features of your shilled coin without resorting to attacking another. That's the sign of an actual confident program and marketing team; as well as confident investors. Any time 90% of your pitch is "Fuck THAT coin, leave THAT coin and come to THIS coin over here" you look like a fool trying to ride someone else's momentum. Or basically, a "Me too" coin.

So long as you stick to that approach you will always be the stepchild instead of the star.

i am not marketing for them i am just telling in this forum what i observe, i use currently both ethereum and waves,

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:27:12 AM

Yes well said mate

The bloody coin I want sold out in 20 second and even if I got some it would not start to pay off for two years
so yes, the bankers are throwing us bones but being a developer I see things the arcade game players would
know nothing about.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:34:00 AM

i am not marketing for them i am just telling in this forum what i observe, i use currently both ethereum and waves,

But you said ETH took ages when it only took seconds for me and you think that a contract is a .pdf document so
i am still waiting for my kisses from you, cough up

All these block-chain systems work fast when not under load or the database is empty but they will not scale

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:35:28 AM

i just had to transact 2.05 waves from yobit to waves decentralised exchange,

de facto: from exchange plattform A to B,

i had to pay a fee of 0.002 waves which is 0.028 USD

the transaction between two exchange plattforms happened instantly, like less then 5 sec

now with ethereum this would have taken at least 3 hours, and the fee would have been

3.48 USD

I stopped reading at the point quoted. NO. You are spreading FUD. It would not take 3 hours to send Ethereum and with low fees now you could even send for less than $0.1 USD. Granted, that is still more than what you claim waves can do, the big difference is that Ethereum is here and has mass adoption. If waves can't even spend some money on marketing so that the world knows about it what makes you think i will believe in them at all?

My opinion is that Ethereum is here and now. No use reinventing the wheel with waves.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 12:41:51 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 01:10:09 AM by KingScorpio

the transaction between two exchange plattforms happened instantly, like less then 5 sec

now with ethereum this would have taken at least 3 hours, and the fee would have been

3.48 USD

I stopped reading at the point quoted. NO. You are spreading FUD. It would not take 3 hours to send Ethereum and with low fees now you could even send for less than $0.1 USD. Granted, that is still more than what you claim waves can do, the big difference is that Ethereum is here and has mass adoption. If waves can't even spend some money on marketing so that the world knows about it what makes you think i will believe in them at all?

My opinion is that Ethereum is here and now. No use reinventing the wheel with waves.

people are getting crazy....

are you serious? you want to have ethereum as the worlds only blockchain encription plattform?

i see it completely different,

why should the gas be most important? i think its better if the enterpreneurs behind those currencies are important, and the encription services and the gas for it just marginal and easily exchangable,

if you would win it means, not that productive enterpreneurial behavior is beeing rewarded, that boosts the worlds economic output,

but that stupid market attention, and "gas" for transaction of one established plattform is significant.

regards

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:44:27 AM

but that stupid market attention, and "gas" for transaction of one established plattform is significant

Gas is paid for in ETH and is used really as a deception so that anyone using ETH to host a alt-coin will have trouble
understanding the billing system for the new token

it's based on resources used in contracts (These are not .pdf files like you said they were)

if you use ETH to host your shitcoin inside a "Smart (My ass) contract" then instead of saying it costs $0.01 to store a number (int32) for the coin amount
in the block chain they say it will cost 21.01 gas but later the price of gas is increased so instead of paying $0.01 it goes up to $0.55

So who can understand 1 ETH = $700 and gas is 0.00002000 and it costs 21.01 to just store a number and
this is by design but ETH offers something, hosting beans in a block-chain however your Waves and BTC don't
really offer anything in return apart from being a store for Hen's teeth but one is fast and cheap for sending them
(For now) and the other is expensive and slow.

All three are crap because they use a block-chain and therefore none of them will scale

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 01:52:05 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 02:36:21 AM by KingScorpio

but that stupid market attention, and "gas" for transaction of one established plattform is significant

Gas is paid for in ETH and is used really as a deception so that anyone using ETH to host a alt-coin will have trouble
understanding the billing system for the new token

it's based on resources used in contracts (These are not .pdf files like you said they were)

if you use ETH to host your shitcoin inside a "Smart (My ass) contract" then instead of saying it costs $0.01 to store a number (int32) for the coin amount
in the block chain they say it will cost 21.01 gas but later the price of gas is increased so instead of paying $0.01 it goes up to $0.55

So who can understand 1 ETH = $700 and gas is 0.00002000 and it costs 21.01 to just store a number and
this is by design but ETH offers something, hosting beans in a block-chain however your Waves and BTC don't
really offer anything in return apart from being a store for Hen's teeth but one is fast and cheap for sending them
(For now) and the other is expensive and slow.

All three are crap because they use a block-chain and therefore none of them will scale

ok for now i only understand that smart contracts are programmed computerprotocoll overviewd agreements, meaning the computer tells someone as soon a part of the contract is not met,

so if i had an agreement with you that i pay you 1 btc today, and you pay me back 0.1 bitcoin back every month,

the smart contract observes the process and tells me and you when something is broken?

wow great that means a smart contract is some form of helper that tells me when somone doesnt meet his obligations,

well we can observe enough protocolised software for contracts like this, i bet this kind of service will exist on all plattforms and on countless apps, on all mobile phones then,

no idea why we need this ethereum fixation

in the practical reality contracts cant that easily be defined as those ethereum freaks think, contract fullfilments are very though to interpret, and furthermore, there is also the case of not fullfillment, there is also interpretation needed which is quite thought,

this term "smart" and "contract" is completely misguiding, its just a computer protocoll that observers transerfers and checks weather they are as they are planned,

but its useless when it comes to contracting the construction of a building, because the norms and regulations are very though, and when you dont get a contracted company or if you have luck you get one only under tought limitations, they simply can tell you that "higher powers" have caused them not to be able to fullfill.

i am sceptical about this topic and it should be called "smart contracts" at all

regards

ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:46:31 AM

3.48 USD thats 12429% more so ethereums fees is more than 124 times that of waves and the speed is horrible,

why are people still so obsessed with ethereum, and hold it?

you should take this new reality serious and hold waves instead of ethereum, if you want to get long term profits,

leave ethereum for waves before you will be overrun by a new reality, and end up with worthless ether

regards

I think it is because people thinking that the ethereum is the best coin after bitcoin and they are hoping ethereum will give the big profit in the long term. but they need to spend more fees to send the ethereum from one exchange to another exchange. for waves, I agree that waves have a big chance to bigger like ethereum and waves need more time to grow. but I see that waves is a good project and until now the dev is really serious about the project and works hard to maintain the project. so both ethereum and waves is another long term investment for us.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

3.48 USD thats 12429% more so ethereums fees is more than 124 times that of waves and the speed is horrible,

why are people still so obsessed with ethereum, and hold it?

you should take this new reality serious and hold waves instead of ethereum, if you want to get long term profits,

leave ethereum for waves before you will be overrun by a new reality, and end up with worthless ether

regards
To each his own. There is a lot of people that dislike waves as well.

Waves is a nice choice but with not that much demand for it, there is no need for the competition.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Qrivium

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:51:54 PM

I like waves and got some way back when Cool. Only have a little and think it will do great next year, but it will not do better than ETH,IMO
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: