Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing Armory Pathing  (Read 172 times)
slopey (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:18:41 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me with a guide to implement the changes recommended on this link https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing . I've been trying to access my old btc from 2013 on Armory. Some specs:

Windows 10
64bit
Armory V 0.96.3.992_win64
BitcoinCore V 0.15.1(64 bit)

I have installed Armory and BitcoinCore NOT in the default locations due to limited space. Core is synced but Armory is not responding with any indication that it is attempting to sync. It is displaying as "offline" and when I try to use the ArmoryDB.exe, it shows the incorrect default pathing location. My assumption is because it is looking for the DB and blocks in the wrong location, that it is not doing anything. The linked instructions are telling me to change the CLI args, but I don't know how...can someone give me a basic guide on how to change the CLI args?

Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:44:26 PM

Where have you installed Bitcoin Core?
Where have you downloaded the bitcoin blockchain to?

Will get you set up with a config file or cli args Smiley
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:46:07 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 11:06:39 PM by slopey

Where have you installed Bitcoin Core?
Where have you downloaded the bitcoin blockchain to?

Will get you set up with a config file or cli args Smiley

Ugh, thank you so much! I've installed both core and the blocks in D:/App files/Bitcoin/...

Please let me know if you need anything else! Thanks again!!!
PhoenixFire

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:09:37 PM

Ugh, thank you so much! I've installed both core and the blocks in D:/Appfiles/Bitcoin/...

So bitcoin-qt.exe is here: D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe ? Or in a subfolder below that?
You have a folder named "blocks" in D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\ ? And that folder has all the blkXXXXX.dat files in it, right?
Sharing a screenshot of D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\ might be helpful if the answers aren't obvious.

Where do you want Armory to store its database? This isn't the same as where Bitcoin stores the blockchain. I imagine somewhere on D:\ ?
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:02:44 AM

Ugh, thank you so much! I've installed both core and the blocks in D:/Appfiles/Bitcoin/...

So bitcoin-qt.exe is here: D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe ? Or in a subfolder below that?
You have a folder named "blocks" in D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\ ? And that folder has all the blkXXXXX.dat files in it, right?
Sharing a screenshot of D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\ might be helpful if the answers aren't obvious.

Where do you want Armory to store its database? This isn't the same as where Bitcoin stores the blockchain. I imagine somewhere on D:\ ?

Bitcoin-qt.exe is exactly where you deduced (D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe)

I would like Armory DB stored in the D:\App Files\Armory\...
PhoenixFire

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:30:08 AM

And what about this part?
i.e. does D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\blocks\ exist and have many blkXXXXX.dat files in?
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:48:53 AM

And what about this part?
i.e. does D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\blocks\ exist and have many blkXXXXX.dat files in?

Yes. there's 66.3 GB of DAT files in this folder.
PhoenixFire

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:16:49 AM

Make sure you have created D:\App Files\Armory\ and then
Right click me and save link/target as "armoryqt.conf"
You'll need to place this .conf file in your Armory data directory. By default this will be "C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Armory\"
"%appdata%\Armory" will also get you there.

Then launch the Armory GUI and it should get things going.
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:51:25 PM

Make sure you have created D:\App Files\Armory\ and then
Right click me and save link/target as "armoryqt.conf"
You'll need to place this .conf file in your Armory data directory. By default this will be "C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Armory\"
"%appdata%\Armory" will also get you there.

Then launch the Armory GUI and it should get things going.

I've played around with different dir pathways to ensure that it's hitting the right file for the blocks as well as the db for armory, but a bit of disambiguation to ensure I'm doing this right.
a) I've renamed the file to armoryqt.conf and saved it to the C: location for Armory's data dir (where the databases folder for Armory is located)
b) I have ensure the pathways do not have typos from within the document
c) is the dbdir supposed to direct it to the typical databases folder for armory??? Where is this supposed to direct to?
d) Satoshi-datadir is where the blocks are, but are we trying to get the .dat files or the .ldb files?

Thank you again for all your help.
PhoenixFire

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:13:36 PM

I've played around with different dir pathways to ensure that it's hitting the right file for the blocks as well as the db for armory, but a bit of disambiguation to ensure I'm doing this right.
a) I've renamed the file to armoryqt.conf and saved it to the C: location for Armory's data dir (where the databases folder for Armory is located)
c) is the dbdir supposed to direct it to the typical databases folder for armory??? Where is this supposed to direct to?
d) Satoshi-datadir is where the blocks are, but are we trying to get the .dat files or the .ldb files?

Yes and no. By default the databases subfolder will be in the Armory datadir, but with this config in place Armory won't be storing databases there. ArmorySettings.txt and the various *log.txt files will be here.

dbdir is where Armory will store its databases. As above, by default it is a subfolder in the armory data dir, but the config changes it to D:\App Files\Armory\databases

Armory has no use for the .ldb files. It cares about the .dat files in the "blocks" subdirectory. Armory seems to accept "D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\blocks" or will look for a blocks subfolder if you gave "D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\" as satoshi-datadir.

Does that help?
Have you tried running Armory since I gave you the config?
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:18:26 AM

Yes and no. By default the databases subfolder will be in the Armory datadir, but with this config in place Armory won't be storing databases there. ArmorySettings.txt and the various *log.txt files will be here.

dbdir is where Armory will store its databases. As above, by default it is a subfolder in the armory data dir, but the config changes it to D:\App Files\Armory\databases

Armory has no use for the .ldb files. It cares about the .dat files in the "blocks" subdirectory. Armory seems to accept "D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\blocks" or will look for a blocks subfolder if you gave "D:\Appfiles\Bitcoin\" as satoshi-datadir.

Does that help?

I'm so sorry for being a complete newb at this. I'm trying to take your advice as much as possible but since you've given me the file, I have run Armory but with the same result: after the wallet is checked for consistency, it does nothing after, staying in offline mode with no indication that it is trying to sync.
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:29:56 AM

Does that help?

HEre's where I put your file.
https://imgur.com/a/x9VCj
PhoenixFire

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:03:27 AM

Thanks for the screenshot.
Blame Windows, but that file is actually armoryqt.conf.txt
In that window, hit View and then check "File name extensions"
You should be able to to rename it correctly to "armoryqt.conf" then.
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:50:41 AM

Thank you so much, PhoenixFire. Your help has been very appreciated! It appears that Armory is syncing!
slopey (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:23:04 AM

WOW! That was it! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! I have my coins now and everything is in order. I hope you have an amazing week wherever you are. I will do more good deeds in your honor!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: