Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux)  (Read 784622 times)
janding

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:27:16 PM

Hey , cool miner , the difference in fee is pretty cool.  Smiley
But still a problem, I can connect to claymore miner with TCP/ip connection but don't work on your Phoenix , any idea ?  Huh

whats your config

You mean the .bat ?

-cdm 2 -cdmpass passhere

When I try to send a command to the miner with my program , my program freeze (look like this append when trying to receive data) and when I close it the miner display "Unable to read CDM request".
With the Claymore monitoring app it work.
My program work perfectly with claymore miner.

I made it work.
Can you show the command you're sending ?
There is one issue that PhoenixMiner makes you add an extra "\n" (newline  character) at the end of
a request to get stats.

Don't know if that'a what happening to you.
Clip out that command and paste it here.

$data  ='{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}'."\n\n";

using (var socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp))
                {
                    socket.Connect("192.xxx.x.xx", Port("{\"id\":0,\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"psw\":\"password\",\"method\":\"miner_getstat1\"}" + "\n"));
                    socket.Receive(receiveMinerStats, receiveMinerStats.Length, SocketFlags.None);
                    ParseStats(Encoding.ASCII.GetString(receiveMinerStats));
                }

Notice the EXTRA + "\n"  I had to add
That makes it work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rstieb

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:03:52 PM

So I figured I'd give Phoenix a try.  I installed 2.7b and ran for about 18hrs..  Obviously, this isn't a good complete comparison, but wanted to take a look.

Here are my thoughts after this short test.
Displayed hash rates were slightly higher, but this was too short to be meaningful
I really liked the additional info in the console screen.  # of shares found for each card, 5min average hash, etc.
Very easy to setup and start.  No problems at all...

Here's where I had an issue.  I'm currently running a single rig with 5 RX580s.  (One is in the "shop" for repairs).  Everything seemed to be stable last night when I set it up..  When I woke up this morning, I noticed one of my cards was running at 28Mh/s instead of it's normal 31+.  I looked and it had reset it's settings..  I use OverdriveNTool and it's been extremely reliable for OC and undervolting.  So I thought maybe it was a fluke, so shut down miner and restarted and everything was running fine..  Went out this morning and when I got back, that one card had reset again..  I'm not sure if it's resetting during the dev fee mining or what, but it has reset twice in 18 hours..  Same card..  So I have switched back to Clay for now..  If there is some debug logging I can turn on, I'm happy to help diagnose the issue. 

The card resetting is a Sapphire Nitro+.  I also have 2 XFX and 2 Gigabyte cards and they kept running fine...  I'm using the default batch file settings that came with the download other than adding the call to my "overclock.bat" file that loads my OverdriveNTool settings at mining startup.

I'm open to any suggestions...  I love the lower dev fee and additional info, but stability has to be the top priority for me..

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help figure this out...

Thanks,
Russel
Major Miner

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:51:07 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 09:30:42 PM by Major Miner

Hey , cool miner , the difference in fee is pretty cool.  Smiley
But still a problem, I can connect to claymore miner with TCP/ip connection but don't work on your Phoenix , any idea ?  Huh

whats your config

You mean the .bat ?

-cdm 2 -cdmpass passhere

When I try to send a command to the miner with my program , my program freeze (look like this append when trying to receive data) and when I close it the miner display "Unable to read CDM request".
With the Claymore monitoring app it work.
My program work perfectly with claymore miner.

I made it work.
Can you show the command you're sending ?
There is one issue that PhoenixMiner makes you add an extra "\n" (newline  character) at the end of
a request to get stats.

Don't know if that'a what happening to you.
Clip out that command and paste it here.

$data  ='{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat1"}'."\n\n";

using (var socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp))
                {
                    socket.Connect("192.xxx.x.xx", Port("{\"id\":0,\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"psw\":\"password\",\"method\":\"miner_getstat1\"}" + "\n"));
                    socket.Receive(receiveMinerStats, receiveMinerStats.Length, SocketFlags.None);
                    ParseStats(Encoding.ASCII.GetString(receiveMinerStats));
                }

Notice the EXTRA + "\n"  I had to add
That makes it work.

Thanks mate !
I added 2 NewLine character at the end of the command and all is working !
andrenym00

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:55:42 PM

Not stable for me.  I get fluctuating hash rates. Not sure what the issue is.
janding

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:18:14 PM

I've never seen the hash rate stay stable on PhoenixMiner.
I've been trying it for about a month at least and the hash rates moves up and down always.
I don't know if that's common for everyone, but always for me.

An example for me is a GPU fluxes between 29.5 to 30.2 back and forth.
All my GPU's do that to some degree.

Maybe the Dev's at Phoenix can address that phenomenon to let us know if it's an issue or why it does that.
Doesn't seem to effect mining or shares but is interesting on why.
cryptokram

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:26:26 AM

Greater miner running stable for the past several hours.

Not sure if this was said here already. One improvement, in my oppinion, that would be great is an option to set the network difficulty. For instance if you solo mine, and you have a sare that exceeds te difficulty it would be nice to see how many times you submited shares over a certain difficulty range.
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:00:13 AM

I would hate to be using a miner that was ripped off of claymore's. Competition is good, but not at this cost.
It's not the competion if we steal something and sell it for less.

I'm following this whole saga with great curiosity but, to be fair this is exactly how a lot of China has operated for decades...
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:47:36 AM

I've been trying it for about a month at least and the hash rates moves up and down always.

Maybe the Dev's at Phoenix can address that phenomenon to let us know if it's an issue or why it does that.

probably that happens when new work comes from stratum

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
PhoenixMiner (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:46:23 AM

PhoenixMiner 2.7c is officially released. In addition to the changes in 2.7a, and 2.7b, we have added support for secure stratum connections using SSL (supported by ethermine.org) to prevent the increasing IP hijacking attacks. To connect to a secured pool, use the ssl:// prefix (e.g. -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555). We have also Added support for solo mining (HTTP GetWork protocol).

We are switching our attention to 2.8, which will include a lot of small improvements, as well as some big ones but we prefer to keep them confidential for now in order to avoid giving any ideas to the competition  Smiley We also continue working towards dual mining and Linux support as our next major milestones.
infectedmushi

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:54:45 AM

nice!  Cool

going to test v2.7c ASAP

Thanks for all your efforts on the miner.

Regards.
rockk

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:28:08 AM

PhoenixMiner 2.7c is officially released. In addition to the changes in 2.7a, and 2.7b, we have added support for secure stratum connections using SSL (supported by ethermine.org) to prevent the increasing IP hijacking attacks. To connect to a secured pool, use the ssl:// prefix (e.g. -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555). We have also Added support for solo mining (HTTP GetWork protocol).

We are switching our attention to 2.8, which will include a lot of small improvements, as well as some big ones but we prefer to keep them confidential for now in order to avoid giving any ideas to the competition  Smiley We also continue working towards dual mining and Linux support as our next major milestones.

Forget about dual mining, is not profitable at all, now most are asic, who cares.

Better make devfee optimization and other features and support for other coins that use GPU and are asic resistant.
PhoenixMiner (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:32:29 AM

Phoenix, is your 2.7B optimized for the latest AMD drivers ? It seems slower than the 2.6 with my 2 RX570 and blockchain drivers.
  No, we haven't made any changes that could cause this in the 2.7 branch.

So I figured I'd give Phoenix a try.  I installed 2.7b and ran for about 18hrs..  Obviously, this isn't a good complete comparison, but wanted to take a look.

Here are my thoughts after this short test.
Displayed hash rates were slightly higher, but this was too short to be meaningful
I really liked the additional info in the console screen.  # of shares found for each card, 5min average hash, etc.
Very easy to setup and start.  No problems at all...

Here's where I had an issue.  I'm currently running a single rig with 5 RX580s.  (One is in the "shop" for repairs).  Everything seemed to be stable last night when I set it up..  When I woke up this morning, I noticed one of my cards was running at 28Mh/s instead of it's normal 31+.  I looked and it had reset it's settings..  I use OverdriveNTool and it's been extremely reliable for OC and undervolting.  So I thought maybe it was a fluke, so shut down miner and restarted and everything was running fine..  Went out this morning and when I got back, that one card had reset again..  I'm not sure if it's resetting during the dev fee mining or what, but it has reset twice in 18 hours..  Same card..  So I have switched back to Clay for now..  If there is some debug logging I can turn on, I'm happy to help diagnose the issue.  

The card resetting is a Sapphire Nitro+.  I also have 2 XFX and 2 Gigabyte cards and they kept running fine...  I'm using the default batch file settings that came with the download other than adding the call to my "overclock.bat" file that loads my OverdriveNTool settings at mining startup.

I'm open to any suggestions...  I love the lower dev fee and additional info, but stability has to be the top priority for me..

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help figure this out...

Thanks,
Russel
  Thank you for trying our miner. Could you please let us know the driver version that you were using on the rig and the OverdriveNTool settings?

Not stable for me.  I get fluctuating hash rates. Not sure what the issue is.

We don't think that this is an issue - we just show the momentary hashrate as it is, without overuse of digital filtering to smooth out the fluctuations. If you want to know the average hashrate over longer period of time, the 5 minutes average speed that is shown every half minute or so (or when the 's' key is pressed in the console) is the best choice.

Greater miner running stable for the past several hours.

Not sure if this was said here already. One improvement, in my oppinion, that would be great is an option to set the network difficulty. For instance if you solo mine, and you have a sare that exceeds te difficulty it would be nice to see how many times you submited shares over a certain difficulty range.
    Thank you for the idea, it will probably find its way in PhoenixMiner 2.8.

Forget about dual mining, is not profitable at all, now most are asic, who cares.

Better make devfee optimization and other features and support for other coins that use GPU and are asic resistant.
   As we said, we will be a little less open about our future plans to avoid leaking information that could help the competition. But rest assured, we have a few surprises fro the future releases Smiley

Question to PhoenixMiner

Please give an honest answer for this question as I haven't see a post lately from you.

With all the crap about the GPU kernels going on between you and Claymore I would like to
know if your miner is going to stay in business. You and Claymore are the few that actually
know for sure if you lifted code from their miner. I don't know. I hope not.

I like the PhoenixMiner and it is faster than Claymore and currently seems stable.
But, I don't want to waste my time trying and testing it if it's going away.

If you plan to keep developing, releasing new builds, improvements and new features I will keep
using it, otherwise I need to go back to Claymore and carry on. After all, I'm mining to
make some money and wasting time is not on my schedule.

Let us all know what your plans are for the future.

Thanks
   We are absolutely committed to the development and improvement of PhoenixMiner for a long, long time! In fact, we are quite
encouraged by the overwhelming support and positive feedback here and elsewhere.  Smiley Our share of the ethash miner market is still
very small but it is rising fast and even started accelerating after the recent events.
pickaxe123

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:44:48 AM

I switched to 2.7c with Ethermine SSL, everything seems to be working fine. Thanks
flatounet

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:45:27 AM

i think answers will be no ,

i have a 1060 card died/burned.

i see miner restart & working ,
but died card tryed to restart ( fan dont start ,try to turn but not )

when miner try to restart it , cuda error writed  at start on miner  ....
and smell burn in appartement...

about this ,when card crash / no restart ,
can you stop : unpower it ?

or try to restart 3 or 5 times the card
if fail : turn off computer ?

better to lose 1 day of minning ,
to get hardware burning & may be more damaged mb / psu .... ( flame / house burning )  ...

nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:25:51 AM

This is not something a miner can predict. It can't distinguish between software fault (bad overclock, buggy drivers) and hardware issue (bad riser, cat unplugged the riser cable, housefire, apocalypse).
The only thing you can do is to set -rmode 2 and make reboot.bat with "shutdown /s /f" on in it.
MarioMBM

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:48:03 AM

This is not something a miner can predict. It can't distinguish between software fault (bad overclock, buggy drivers) and hardware issue (bad riser, cat unplugged the riser cable, housefire, apocalypse).
The only thing you can do is to set -rmode 2 and make reboot.bat with "shutdown /s /f" on in it.

I`m a big noob , please elaborate.
How do I do that.
nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:05:44 PM

How do I do that.
Show the file extensions - google if you don't know how.
Create a new text file.
Add
Code:
shutdown /s /f
inside.
Rename the file to reboot.bat.
Place it inside the miner's folder.
Add -rmode 2 to the command line.
matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:25:52 PM

I do not see the interest of passing to this minor!

1% more I see no difference in hash!

voici mes hash avec une 1080

claymore

phoenix

24.8 hash !

lol

go to the moon !!
MarioMBM

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:44:08 PM

How do I do that.
Show the file extensions - google if you don't know how.
Create a new text file.
Add
Code:
shutdown /s /f
inside.
Rename the file to reboot.bat.
Place it inside the miner's folder.
Add -rmode 2 to the command line.

Thanks bro.
Watjila

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:02:11 PM

I tried 2.7C. It seems stable. But there is no hash rate increase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: