Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:04:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor or Ledger?  (Read 1404 times)
btctalka

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:11:32 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Trezor had some issues with security a couple of weeks or months ago.
I also plan to buy either Trezor or Ledger but I think I'll get Ledger because it support more coins, it looks more rigid.

+ Also for those of you who's familiar with Engineering, there's a Youtuber who claims that Ledger's somewhat more secure than Trezor.

A title of the video is "EEVblog #1048 - Ledger Nano S Crypto Hardware Wallet"
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:40:41 PM

I prefer a small wallet than a bulky wallet like trezor,ledger and trezor are almost the same but the thing is they are both super secured hardwallets either the two will give you 99% protection,but for me i wanted ledger nano s because of its cute size and it is very pocketable.
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

I would choose ledger nano over trezor because i dont want a bulky thing inside my pocket,but either of the two would be a great option because these two are the most secured hardwallets today.
KupKakes

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:25:13 PM

Both wallet are secure.  Just be sure to buy a brandnew one. Smiley
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:31:58 PM

We just purchase ledger wallet. It was cute Smiley I think both wallet are good. We manage to store BTC and ETH coin. I'm not sure if we add more but its convenient and thus provide you another layer of security as it cant be hack. So Ledger is good as far as our experience.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:41:39 PM

Trezor had a little problem of vulnerability in the past but now it is solved... I had trezor and ledger.. personally I prefer nano S for more portability but the are almost the same.... you can choose one they are both excellent!
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:44:11 PM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?

I really think both are well secured and most people who use and have cryptocurrency use both these hard wallet because it is widely recommended by people. I have a Ledger, and I keep all the coins I HODL in my my Ledger just to make sure that they are safe. I have lost some coins because of trusting online wallet too much.
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
I personally use Ledger Nano S, I am quite satisfied with, never had experience with Trezor but they are almost the same I suppose, you can store about 5-6 coins at the same time on your pc, but Ledger in general supports about 20-25 coins if I am not mistaken, you better visit their website and scroll it down, you will see. Also check their new Ledger Blue, I am considering of buying it also.

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Fakayode1

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

I haven't experienced any but i just ordered for trezor wallet this week hope to get my hand on it i searched and saw it is the most secured hardware wallet.
crazyphoenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:20:26 PM

Ledger because it has more supported altcoins and cheaper than Trezor. Though this two hardware are both secure and reliable, it is up to you which one you like best in terms of design.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

Ledger because it has more supported altcoins and cheaper than Trezor. Though this two hardware are both secure and reliable, it is up to you which one you like best in terms of design.
Both are good trezor and ledger they are safe to use. Yes both are secure actually I have ledger wallet so far it is easy to used. Everytime Im using ledger it is all worth it until now.
btctalka

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:07:41 PM

Thank you guys for your input. I'll go with Ledger then  Grin
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

I bought Trezor. I can not say that it is better than Ledger. Actually just threw a coin, I long chose and could not decide. If there is a need, I will gladly buy Ledger in the future. However, there are articles that talk about a possible vulnerability in this wallet. I think you need to study this new information more carefully.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:15:56 AM

Trezor . Definitely. It has not yet been hacked to anyone, although they are the ancestors of hardware wallets. And Ledger already hacked and in discussions of this purse I saw a negative, simply - buggy.

https://medium.com/@Zero404Cool/trezor-security-glitches-reveal-your-private-keys-761eeab03ff8
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:39:42 AM

Trezor and Ledger are both secured hardware wallet. And this two wallet are able to access in MyEtherWallet and powered by blockchain. Ethereum is the most compatible altcoin in trezor ledger but you can store here other coin because it supported and powered by altcoin.
meIOTA

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:40:51 PM

i was in a meetup in london where they talk about a new hard wallet in stealth mode anyone know anything?
block5561

Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:28:36 PM

There's a hardware wallet project called 'erith' they say began at goldman sachs.
cryptokudi

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:35:36 PM

Both ledger and trezor are safe as long as you buy it directly to its manufacturer not on a third party seller or reseller because there is some reported issue that had been hacked after buying hardware wallet on the reseller. Ledger supported some cryptocurrency that trezor did not support and vise versa so before buying one better to check first what cryptocurrency they support and if they support the coin that you want to hold, you can see that on their website.
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

I would go for Ledger. It seems to be more safer than Trezor and support is great. This is just my thoughts, nothing personal Smiley
jalaaal

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:38:15 PM

when it comes to security, those two are safe.
I used ledger and I dont experience any issue as of now.
if you want to know what altcoins can be place on both of them, you can find the answer on google.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: