Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does one create an altcoin?  (Read 1257 times)
mav0499 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:07:14 PM

Any suggestions on what steps are necessary to use existing software to develop your own altcoin client and wallet and mobile app?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Einewton

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:09:34 PM

Getting ready to develop Mav Coin?

If you do not have the knowledge to copy/paste code, you surely should not start your own currency.

-= Got BitCoin? =-
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:13:50 PM

PM me. We PM each other. A short time later you have your own coin.
bitcoinreactor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:14:46 PM

Any suggestions on what steps are necessary to use existing software to develop your own altcoin client and wallet and mobile app?

search the forum, i recall seeing a detailed howto right here, posted a few weeks ago.

BTC: 17CHqn3XE3Waf7Qfkm9p2MQE1VgB8gVbG4
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:15:44 PM

Send a PM to Vlad2Vlad.

He will help you out. 
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:30:01 PM

Offer is there. If you get screwed elsewhere, bad luck.
mav0499 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:36:20 PM

I will PM shortly. TY.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:45:22 PM

for a typical scrypt alt, you can have it done by half the forum members. be careful who you trust though.
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:49:04 PM

One does not simply just create an altcoin...

...or was that walk in to Mordor? - can't remember now.

K.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:07:30 PM

Please don't. If you have to ask how you're not technically competent enough to launch another coin into the quagmire of copy-paste, useless derivatives out there.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:13:38 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 08:30:27 PM by markm

First you spend years developing a coin to which to actually be an alternative.

With those years of hard-earned experience under your belt, some inkling of what it would mean to be an alternative might start to glimmer in some deep dark corner of your mind.

Ruthless criticism of such glimmers follows, killing most. But possibly one might survive the criticisms of its harshest critic (yourself) and seem worth presenting a whitepaper about...

-MarkM-

EDIT: Oh wait, did you maybe mean "clonecoin" actually, not "altcoin" really at all? Tongue

A clonecoin is easy, its about the same as how you'd make a dog license with the word dog scratched out and cat written in in crayon and call it a cat license, a la Monty Python...

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mav0499 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:28:15 AM

To Einewton, Kruncha, fluffypony ... there is a reason why you still live in your parents basement ... rather than explore & question ... you criticise & debase ... very sad. Do not for a second believe that your expertise is not replicable and readily available. That is why business people run companies. Why even waste my time & yours replying.

To MarkM ... yes I am looking at more of a clonecoin than an altcoin, if truth be told. I have my own programmers but wished to find a developer in the bitcoin world who may understand the money and banking implications of bitcoin ... something that I am intimately aware of, having been a global product head of a bank channel.

So lets rechannel our thinking in this forum and provide clever insight not inane criticisms.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 06:42:15 AM

If you already understand the banking etc and already have programmers to do the coding what is it you need some bitcoin person to do for you, exactly?

Maybe you are looking for an owner of a bitcoin and/or altcoin to / from fiat exchange more than for a cut and paste crapcoin maker such as one finds so many of right here?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
tom1

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:48:29 AM

It's easy: How To Clone Scrypt Based Altcoins for Fun and Profit

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:44:49 AM

Vlad is that you?
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1232
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:25:04 AM

Well depends man... If you want a scrypt clone then you can go to pretty much the majority of people in this board. If you want a SHA coin I could make one for you... PM me if you want a SHA coin.
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:57:42 AM

To Einewton, Kruncha, fluffypony ... there is a reason why you still live in your parents basement ... rather than explore & question ... you criticise & debase ... very sad. Do not for a second believe that your expertise is not replicable and readily available. That is why business people run companies. Why even waste my time & yours replying.

So lets rechannel our thinking in this forum and provide clever insight not inane criticisms.

Can you read?

Insulting someone for a joke is a little harsh - The above spiel seems to be more suited to you.

K.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 11:19:35 AM

To MarkM ... yes I am looking at more of a clonecoin than an altcoin, if truth be told. I have my own programmers but wished to find a developer in the bitcoin world who may understand the money and banking implications of bitcoin ... something that I am intimately aware of, having been a global product head of a bank channel.

LOL - resorting to an ad hominem attack just shows how low your self-esteem is, buddy.

Again: asking the question you asked shows either that you are not competent enough to play in this space. There is no need for redundant, copy-paste currencies. If you have an honest-to-goodness original idea, then implement it using Bitcoin or Litecoin or some other existing, established cryptocurrency as a base. If you have an idea for a feature to be added to cryptocurrencies, then pay a developer to add it to an existing tree. There is simply no value in a non-technical person forking any of the existing projects unless they have a technical reason to. Greed and "economic reasons" ala vlad2vlad's failed nuggets idea are not cryptographically or technically substantial reasons to fork.

Also, claiming to have been a "global product head of a bank channel" when you know nothing about any of us and what we do just invalidates your attempt at bragging and makes you look...well...rather pathetic.

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:43:38 AM

And yet you replied.

Looking forward to your clonecoin. Hope you have a few BTCs spare for a pump.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:50:25 AM

That is why business people run companies.

Statistically, the most popular degree held by CEO's is an engineering or science based one. Also the majority of the most powerful and richest CEO's/Business people in the world are more likely to be from a science/engineering/mathematics background.

Once these engineers become leaders of their respective businesses, they are to be called businessmen. But make no mistake, they are cut from a different cloth to you and are far more engineer than you are business, and yet still do business far beyond your imagination.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: