Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. John McAfee got step back due to others pressure on him :)  (Read 214 times)
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:24:08 PM

Mr. John McAfee was tweeting about altcoins daily as "coin of the day". Then many people start to criticize him that he is pumping dumping the market artificially and It is not good.
So this is his today Tweeting what he published short while ago.

John McAfee

@officialmcafee
 44m44 minutes ago

Due to heavy pressure from crypto adherents, exchanges, developers and every other corner of the earth (and God himself chastised me in my dreams last night), the "Coin of the day" will become "Coin of the week" starting immediately. You can look for it every Monday morning.

borgx

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:27:29 PM

Im glad thats mostly over. People found out about his goal to just pump and dump.
I hope this damaged his credibility and that this stops.
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:36:14 PM

I think this should have happened long time back as he literally destroyed the Crypto market and people like noobs went behind these artificial pumps and dumps. What might seem good to one individual might not be correct to other and people need to understand that just because if someone has 12k followers, doesn't mean he knows everything.

Most of the calls that he did over the last few days we pump and dump. I bet no one even bothered to read even his comments except the coin name.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:48:19 PM

I think this should have happened long time back as he literally destroyed the Crypto market and people like noobs went behind these artificial pumps and dumps. What might seem good to one individual might not be correct to other and people need to understand that just because if someone has 12k followers, doesn't mean he knows everything.

Most of the calls that he did over the last few days we pump and dump. I bet no one even bothered to read even his comments except the coin name.

that says more about the bubble heads who populate the crypto market than the man himself. if one old madman tweeting 'i like this coin' drives every single one crazy it's a sad reflection of the suggestiveness of the people out there.
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:52:22 PM

I think there is no difference between his account and pump dump groups, he doesn't give detailed analysis etc. He gives only a coin and few information about it then pump!
JoeriHugelier

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:54:50 PM

His last 'coin of the day', TRON, did have a little pump but it seems it didn't got past 20% gain. Let's hope indeed the madness will stop. This undermines the cryptomarket's credibility and makes it look no better than wallstreet.
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:57:15 PM

Am really wondering why such a famous man play with his credibility and destroying reputation by making those bullshits for everyday or every week. The community psychology is so fragile and can be influenced to pump a coin but this also will dump other coins. I think Mr cafee is trying to collect more funds from projects he promotes by a very greedy way. I did never read his tweets neither his attitudes to not make him Jesus of cryptocrrencies.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:57:33 PM

Mr. John McAfee was tweeting about altcoins daily as "coin of the day". Then many people start to criticize him that he is pumping dumping the market artificially and It is not good.

John McAfee

@officialmcafee
 44m44 minutes ago

Due to heavy pressure from crypto adherents, exchanges, developers and every other corner of the earth (and God himself chastised me in my dreams last night), the "Coin of the day" will become "Coin of the week" starting immediately. You can look for it every Monday morning.

So he will go from making 25 BTC a day to making 25 BTC a week.

Honestly this guy is a fucking joke. I hate how he just became a meme and he exploits his twitter fame to promote all these useless shitcoins, as noobs lose their hard earned BTC trying to profit from the latest McAfee pump, thinking his endorsement is legit. Hopefully people learn the lesson as they see the obvious short lived pump and dumps.

Anyone can confirm if Verge had a massive pump becaose of McAfee?
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:58:36 PM

It really got out of hand since bots were pumping and dumping his coins/tokens in a matter of minutes and regular people lost a lot of money because of that.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:08:14 PM

Pump and dump.

The thing is that you could buy when people start to dump and just lose a lot of money. People should be more careful with that and stop follow for the FOMO.
kingasterisk

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:24:15 PM

Although he was most certainly profiting from this, this is becoming a bit of a nonsense. So basically, if i'm famous i shouldn't voice my opinions about currencies publicly is what you're saying? Maybe i'm not getting the full gist of it, but this seems to me like it is 99% community fault.
Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:37:33 PM

The cynical part of me likes the fact he announced this change just at the point when the daily announcements were losing their effect to sufficiently pump & dump the coin in question. Moving to a weekly format should have a much bigger effect Tongue
Neurogress

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 05:49:43 PM

The cynical part of me likes the fact he announced this change just at the point when the daily announcements were losing their effect to sufficiently pump & dump the coin in question. Moving to a weekly format should have a much bigger effect Tongue

Exactly. Sooner or later his weekly announcements wouldn't have much effect, I hope
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:51:56 PM

John McAfee

@officialmcafee
 44m44 minutes ago

I doubt that it's anything to do with his feelings about pumping the market or not, more the fact that he probably is running out of coins to endorse and so decided to reduce it to once a week instead of once per day.

SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:58:20 PM

Definitely he can influence the whole crypto market specially with his high hopes for bitcoin and other alts. He is always bullish with crypto, actually we need few more people like him to promote crypto so that people from diverse field can get interested in cryptocurrencies.

The coin of the week will also get pumped .... Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:02:52 PM

McAfee's movement on his own twitter will give a positive and negative effects but let's just hope that it could attract more people/investors to learn about the cryptocurrency so we can all benefit from it Wink

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:04:57 PM

Definitely he can influence the whole crypto market specially with his high hopes for bitcoin and other alts. He is always bullish with crypto, actually we need few more people like him to promote crypto so that people from diverse field can get interested in cryptocurrencies.

The coin of the week will also get pumped .... Grin

It didnt look good at all in the last two coins of the day, many people lost money to bots who pumped and dumped those tokens in minutes.

cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:19:37 PM

John McAfee

@officialmcafee
 44m44 minutes ago

what the heck is with him,he uses the name God but still he will continue the madness he brought to the market?

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

Oh so from shilling day to day he will now shill week by week? Only a tiny improvement imo  Roll Eyes
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:24:14 PM

It will not be called "coin of the day" but he probably will still mention a few coins every once in a while .

Hmmm... did he just erase everything he posted in the past few days ...but still managed to talk about a second "coin of the day" for today ?
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:33:36 PM

that says more about the bubble heads who populate the crypto market than the man himself. if one old madman tweeting 'i like this coin' drives every single one crazy it's a sad reflection of the suggestiveness of the people out there.

Thats sadly the world we are living in though.
Most people are too ignorant, too lazy or too scared to make their own informed decisions about anything important. So they follow people whom they presume “know better”.
And some people are selfish enough to use that, to their own gains.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄