Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet for altcoins  (Read 247 times)
CoinzGuy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:52:43 PM

Hey guys,

I've been checking https://coinmarketcap.com lately and I noticed there are a lot of Alt Coins.

I am wondering how I can find an online wallet for these Alt Coins? They recommend me to download the wallet, does that mean no online wallet is supporting the Alt Coin yet?

I would like to buy some Alt Coins but I'm unable to find any online wallet that supports it.

Can anyone advise me on this? Is it normal that relatively new Alt Coins do not have an online wallet?

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:55:17 PM

I am using myetherwallet, would suggest it.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:57:48 PM

Hey you Know that's a pretty good thing that you aren't able to find an online wallet for altcoins because..most of the.. wallets that one find online aren't that safe and secure thus you should always take a step forward after you have downloaded an offline wallet.
Online wallets aren't safe so I will recommend you to use an offline one only and as you have said that its already recommend thus go for it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
ujjwalsethi

Activity: 213
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:17:40 PM

My Ether Wallet is the best wallet for keeping all coins together at one place. It is more secure wallet to keep coins and it is very easy to access that a normal person can easily access it and all the transactions can be easily made and are displayed on the dashboard screen. So it is a secure way to keep coins under one roof.

jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:19:13 PM

First this section is for bitcoin discussion so you must move this thread to altcoin discussion.

And each of altcoin wallets does have their specific alts to hold, there's no wallet that can hold almost every alt coins.

There is MEW that can hold ETH and ERC 20 tokens and others are jaxx, exodus and even nano ledger s.

Signature for rent
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:11:19 PM

today I met one post about  new wallet

Stable version of the fastest, most reliable and secure crypto-wallet with the lowest transaction fee. https://t.me/beewalletbot - start using now.
While this is just "the fastest btc-wallet", https://t.me/beewalletbot - the fastest, most reliable and secure crypto-wallet with the lowest transaction fee.

Sounds good but havent  tried  yet
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:17:00 PM

Because security issues and virus attack most of the online wallets are not strongly secured. The best you can do is to exchange your altcoins to eithr Bitcoin or Ether and then use www.blockchain.info for BTC and use MEW for Ethereum.
kareninsf

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 07:18:35 PM

Coinomi for android has a good selection of alts and is a very reliable wallet- hope to hear other good ones Smiley
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:31:28 PM

Well, i know a site/project hosted on github that does great job of showing which wallet(s) are available for a particular altcoin. you might wanna bookmark this one(https://sereneblue.github.io/coindexter/).
Thanushka47

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 07:43:39 PM

I'm using MEW and am personally prefers it.

And there are other wallets such as waves, Exodus, etc..
Some coins have their own wallets too.
Hafas Rama

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:52:51 PM

you can use Myetherwallet, you can make it easily.
it looks good too, i think it's the best wallet for altcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:03:55 PM

I prefer to use hardware wallet than web wallet which I hardly to keep it. For example I got bunch of Ethereum but accidentally I click some ads that has a malware virus and in a few minutes my coins was gone so It's hard for me to retreive it
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:15:24 PM

You can use wallet coinomi, this is wallet for phone. There are so many altcoin you can save with this
bitcoi

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:20:46 PM

I'm using Myetherwallet, also Coinomi is reliable wallet for altcoins.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:56:41 PM

I would strongly advise you to not keep any coins in an online wallet, despite the easy of use.
It's not that hard to get a USB drive and install a standalone version on it for every coin you want to hold.

It has happened before that online wallets disappear with users' funds, so be careful.

Multi-coin desktop or mobile wallets like Coinomi or Exodus are also a reasonably safe option, at least safer than using an online wallet.

ninis45

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:14:14 PM

actually for coins erc20 MEW is the solution but sometimes when the regestration of the project there is partly using a personal wallet that must download the wallet
want to use by online or off line is up.

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

Hey guys,

I've been checking https://coinmarketcap.com lately and I noticed there are a lot of Alt Coins.

I am wondering how I can find an online wallet for these Alt Coins? They recommend me to download the wallet, does that mean no online wallet is supporting the Alt Coin yet?

I would like to buy some Alt Coins but I'm unable to find any online wallet that supports it.

Can anyone advise me on this? Is it normal that relatively new Alt Coins do not have an online wallet?

Thank you!

Coinmarketcap will contains the list of altcoins which is top 100 by default but first don't invest on all the altcoins are last rated coins in that list. However, if you want to save the bitcoin or the some other altcoins in the market you can choose the Jaxx wallet, coinpayments and myetherwallet.
If you invested on ICO tokens also you will get the tokens mostly supports on the myetherwallet only. Even you may find the most tokens in the which altcoin exchange so you can trade the coin in the market.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:37:56 PM

For which altcoin do you need wallet?
If you have erc20 tokens or ether MEW is good choice.
For any other altcoin do research about wallets, i am not sure that there is one wallet for all altcoins, it was one in the past but they closed their service.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:09:34 AM

frankly the official wallet is the best choice to use. if only to trade, I think the wallet of the exchange is secure. but if you want to hold for a long time, I think the official wallet is the best and safest option.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:50:51 AM

frankly the official wallet is the best choice to use. if only to trade, I think the wallet of the exchange is secure. but if you want to hold for a long time, I think the official wallet is the best and safest option.

Exchange is meant for trading and not for storing your coins but if you still wanna take the risk then go for it but it will doesn't protect your coins when it gets hack and there's no turning back.
Use hardware wallet for your huge amount of coins while use online wallets that let's you hold some seeds or private key, in this way you're the only one who'll access it.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:05:36 PM

Exchange is meant for trading and not for storing your coins but if you still wanna take the risk then go for it but it will doesn't protect your coins when it gets hack and there's no turning back.
Use hardware wallet for your huge amount of coins while use online wallets that let's you hold some seeds or private key, in this way you're the only one who'll access it.

yeah right. and also most bounties or airdrops wont require you to use an wallet from an online exchange because you wont recieve your coins if you do insist to use it. however most exchanges like the popular ones are mostly secure and wont prone to hacks easily because most people actually hold a good amount of their balance/coins on their site to be able to trade. yet it is also recomended to withdraw your coins or profit  immediately  to secure it for any possible attacks that may occur.
kareninsf

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 06:53:33 PM

Second this.....many have lost $$$$$$$ keeping coins on an exchange- don't do that
CryptoNerd75

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:07:31 PM

exodus.io or if you want it more safe then the Ledger Nano S
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:08:28 PM

Second this.....many have lost $$$$$$$ keeping coins on an exchange- don't do that

ive been using an online exchange to store my coins and to be able to trade, so far so good my coins are still safe therfor i can honestly say that storing your coins on an online exchange is actually safe  because it is just like a purse or wallet to hold and store your coins and it also handy to recieve some other payments whether it is from your salary or not because youll then save  lot of fees and time and the funds were then straight to your trading account. online exchange also supports hardfork and segwit therfor you can also recieve your free coins here straight to your account.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:05:28 PM

Hey guys,

Thank you!

you can try coinomi wallet and myether wallet,  these two wallet are the most popular and the best to use when you are dealing with altcoins as they are supports old or even the newest altcoin that has not yet on some other online exchanges like etherdelta.  a coinomi wallet is downloadable or it has on a client side while myetherwallet on the other hand is a browser base or online wallet. however you should be still extra cautios when using myetherwallet due to the fact that is more prone to phising and hacking attempts.
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:32:28 AM

For bitcoin wallet just use wallet where can you have the private keys as well for altcoins. Im using MEW to store my altcoins which is more secure than others .
CryptoAdvizor

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:55:54 PM

as a altcoin or bitcoin wallet i prefer exodus.io - it's the best in my opinion: free, easy to use and an awesome design
Kenassi

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:18:49 PM

Don`t search multiwallet for altcoins, it is not safe. For ERC-20 tokens you can use MEW.
PatStyle88

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:53:03 AM

Hi
I also use myetherwallet because just for new tokens is pretty straightforward.
Does anyone still know a good alternative?
Orrechorre

Activity: 569

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

I would suggest myetherwallet and coinomi as good wallets for altcoin as they are secure wallet to keep coins and very easy to access. All the transactions can be easily made and are displayed on the dashboard screen. These two wallet are the most popular and the best to use when you are dealing with altcoins because they support both old and new altcoin.
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:31:20 PM

Most of the new coin is under or scoped by the ERC20 so I suggest you have at least have my either wallet (MEW), since this can hold also new coin that is not listed on the market so it is safe to hold some of them while waiting.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
PatStyle88

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:27:34 PM

Hi
I think myetherwallet is the best for many different coins.
Irvanremok

Activity: 210

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:15:54 PM

to my knowledge to save altcoin coins i choose myetherwallet for my personal wallet because myetherwallet can store various altcoin maybe you can go to myethewallet and save altcoin you good luck hope i succeed i support you if you want to save your coins.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:05:58 PM

I recently downloaded Eidoo. I understood it accepted ERC-20 tokens but seems it only holds ether. Anyone tried it?
PatStyle88

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:19:39 AM

I think for Altcoins best myehterwallet. Is suitable for all ERC-20 tokens.
Orrechorre

Activity: 569

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:59:34 AM

Hey you Know that's a pretty good thing that you aren't able to find an online wallet for altcoins because..most of the.. wallets that one find online aren't that safe and secure thus you should always take a step forward after you have downloaded an offline wallet.
Online wallets aren't safe so I will recommend you to use an offline one only and as you have said that its already recommend thus go for it.
I strongly agree with you because online wallets are very easy for hackers to access unlike offline wallet where your private key is your access to the wallet and that is why you have to keep it very confidential. You can use myetherwallet to store the token if they are ERC20 related.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:22:29 PM

Hi
I think myetherwallet is the best for many different coins.
NO, myetherwallet only suits for two types of coins. Ethereum and ERC20 tokens though there are many ERC20 tokens out there, the popular trend right now with them is launching their own mainnet.
And that means that they are leaving their old path which where they came from and they won't be called as ERC20 tokens after those launch.
Not all wallets can cover all the altcoins, just use wallets that has your coins and there's no restriction on how many wallets you can use.
Search and experience on how to use different multi-currency wallets like exodus, jaxx, ledger, etc.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:31:02 AM

Usually most altcoins are ERC20 coins. You can use any kind of Ethereum-compatible wallet to receive your coins. There are a few altcoins that use PC wallets. You just need to go to their official website to download them.

PX-Z

Activity: 1442
Merit: 842

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:04:33 AM

Hey guys,

Thank you!

You can use a hardware wallet for your altcoins, such as trezor and ledger. These are the most secured crypto wallets that you may have and it’s highly recommended by almost all holders, and these wallets will allow you to store all your ERC20 tokens with some altcoins including bitcoin, bitcoin cash, lite coin and many more.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████