Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: del  (Read 16578 times)
Houseonfire

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 09:41:53 AM

I honestly like the idea of setting up a script to execute payments every X hours (24 sounds good? maybe 12?).

Can't be too hard. I can give you a python script that executes anything every x amount of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
superweb

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 11:57:56 AM

Also, bitcoins-lc recently froze Multiclone's account, along with several days' earnings.  I talked with the pool admin, and he refused to send the final payout.  His policy is that they don't normally ban pool hoppers since they DO contribute work, but he didn't like that there was a pool devoted to hopping, or something to that effect.

I removed the pool from the rotation.  I'm not going to go through the effort of doing anything to circumvent this.  If anyone else wants to, I'm willing to integrate whatever you come up with into Multiclone.

They probably have right to say "You're not welcome to mine here anymore" to anybody. But if the bitcoins.lc admin is honest, he should pay out what he owe. There's no rule banning hopping anywhere at pool's website. Not paying out is scam. Going to switch my miner of their pool, as I was testing it last day.
gno

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:32:32 PM

So that bitcoins-lc basically stole the money.  Nice.  I think we need a thread about that issue just to bring light to the fact that they are reserving the right to steal your money as they see fit.

Nick- I appreciate everything you've done.  I know you were just trying to help other folks that couldn't get it running and its turned into a bit of a burden.  I speak only for myself in saying that I'd be OK with whatever you come up with.
SteveFL

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:21:52 PM

Also, bitcoins-lc recently froze Multiclone's account, along with several days' earnings.  I talked with the pool admin, and he refused to send the final payout.  His policy is that they don't normally ban pool hoppers since they DO contribute work, but he didn't like that there was a pool devoted to hopping, or something to that effect.

I removed the pool from the rotation.  I'm not going to go through the effort of doing anything to circumvent this.  If anyone else wants to, I'm willing to integrate whatever you come up with into Multiclone.

Can you post this response (I'm guessing from Jine) on the forums?  I'm willing to boycott using them as a pool until they reconsider the payout. 
nick5429

Activity: 79
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:17:33 PM

Can you post this response (I'm guessing from Jine) on the forums?  I'm willing to boycott using them as a pool until they reconsider the payout. 

Unfortunately, I didn't save the log.  He did copy/paste the relevant part into the main #bitcoins.lc channel thread though, if someone happened to be idling there.  There's no #bitcoins-lc log saved on the web anywhere.

After discussing that I had been frozen, how he doesn't normally ban hoppers but is making an exception for us, etc, it basically went like this (from memory):

me: I intend to remove bitcoins-lc from the hopping rotation and don't plan to expend the effort to circumvent the ban.  Would you do me a favor, though?
jine: What is it?
me: Will you initiate a payout of the remaining balance on my account, since I can't login to do so?
jine: "No way. :-)"
jine: Those rewards will be used to pay out to the legitimate, non-hopping users of the pool.
me: I see. Note that this is probably going to piss a lot of people off.
jine: Knock yourself out.
gno

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:19:22 PM

So is there a figure you can share for the total amount that Bitcoins-lc stole from this pool so that we'll know how pissed to be?

SteveFL

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:20:02 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 03:50:26 PM by SteveFL

I've asked Jine for a response in the pool thread.  I'm sure this will cause controversy from both sides, but pool operators should not withhold payment for work done.  If they do it for "pool-hopping" what other judgement will they pass and decline to pay people for?

gno

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:47:33 PM

He claims to have opened the account so that something can be withdrawn.

Hopefully Nick will have time to withdraw it quickly, even if its not much.
superweb

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:50:33 PM

He claims to have opened the account so that something can be withdrawn.

Hopefully Nick will have time to withdraw it quickly, even if its not much.

power of publicity Smiley http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10121.msg351614#msg351614
gno

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 06:23:34 PM

Pool hopping is nothing but an automated way of doing what people tend to do anyway:  move to a different pool when it isn't making money like you want.  I think the operator of that pool has a negative view of it for whatever reason and this was an opportunity to "fight back"

I appreciate him reconsidering what I think was a bad call, even though there was nothing forcing him to do so.  I also appreciate him being big enough to reverse himself in public which is very tough to do sometimes. 

nick5429

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:24:58 AM

Thanks for bringing the bitcoins-lc issue to more light, guys.  Thanks to you all, he unfroze the account and I managed to get the payout we earned.  It still might take me a bit to process the bitcoins-lc shares, but the pool has the coins and I have the relevant data saved.

Fixed an issue preventing deepbit conversion, and sent out another round of payments tonight.  The deepbit rewards code seems to do something weird where it'tal display 0 reward for newish rounds for a while in the stats, but they seem to eventually convert to proper rewards.
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:38:37 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2011, 12:17:21 PM by luffy

http://multiclone.us.to:18080/user/?address=1NsaaKvSycS1Q5ZqesAMGHViEeA5zkkWLc
i saw that bitcoin-lc is out of the pool rotation Wink
also deepbit and slush have the worst efficiency!
p.s. what does the "utility" element means in the tables?
Mike 71

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 01:14:42 PM

Hello Nick,

thanks for payout!

I still got more then 10.000 pending shares.

But in the poollists, there are just the shares from bitcoin-lc pending, they dont sum up to 10.000.
http://multiclone.us.to:18080/user/?address=17L8TsmgcaJowgpuYBzMx9iXUfiQxCVv4T
Where are the other pending shares?

And: I will not hurry you, i just wonder about what happens if i start mining on your pool. I would, but if not all (most, >95%) of my shares will come payed over time i will ask again for them and what happend to them. So do you want me (us) mining on your pool right now or should i mine somewhere else for some time?

Greetings
Mike
nick5429

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2011, 02:48:24 PM by nick5429

Hello Nick,

thanks for payout!

I still got more then 10.000 pending shares.

But in the poollists, there are just the shares from bitcoin-lc pending, they dont sum up to 10.000.
http://multiclone.us.to:18080/user/?address=17L8TsmgcaJowgpuYBzMx9iXUfiQxCVv4T
Where are the other pending shares?

And: I will not hurry you, i just wonder about what happens if i start mining on your pool. I would, but if not all (most, >95%) of my shares will come payed over time i will ask again for them and what happend to them. So do you want me (us) mining on your pool right now or should i mine somewhere else for some time?

Greetings
Mike

Hum.  Just looked at the code; that's a little strange.  The total (with pending) is just some number stored in the database.  All the other info on your user stats page is generated based on the detailed round/share/etc history for each pool in your account history.  I have a fix in place on my test server that generates all the data directly from the database, so the numbers will add up correctly.  It also adds a 'pending' row for each pool.

This means your total (with pending) will display a lower number, but it appears that the lower number is the right number.  I'll probably roll that out to the production server tonight.

edit: Feel free to mine on Multiclone! Anyone and everyone is always welcome Smiley
nick5429

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:47:31 PM

I'm also thinking I might remove BTCMine (and after all that trouble of getting it working... :-/).

They use a score-based system, and Multiclone must be using the wrong magic number to determine whether mining there is profitable or not -- the several spotchecks I've done have shown BTCmine actual efficiency<1, despite Multiclone predicting its utility to be around 1.1 - 1.2.  Though, thinking about it, that could just be because all the BTCmine transactions (with a lower difficulty) were processed after the most recent difficult increase.  I'm not certain how that factors in to Multiclone's efficiency calculation.  I guess a few more days' testing (with a new worker account) might be in order.

I should try to get eligius working again too, now that it's back up and stable... I haven't checked, but I'm hoping the web interface didn't change much!

p.s. what does the "utility" element means in the tables?
Utility is what Multiclone expects the efficiency to be.  Efficiency is the actual efficiency, compared to not hopping (after block is found, confirmed, paid out).
Mike 71

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:49:10 PM

After re-red this thread and re-checking my stats, btcmine is missing from 1. July till 7. July.

and after do some math, it should be 22000 and not 12.000. I got .58 bitcoins with 12.000 shares out of my 380 MHash/s (180 and 200) running not both all day but one at least 20 hours/day on average and the other at least 12 hours/day on average. It should be much more, just running them one day on a normal pool i get arround .20 bitcoins.

I hope the shares will show up somewhere on your btcmine stats.

Greetings
Mike
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 03:01:06 PM

I've replaced btcmine with bitpit in my hopping They're new and would probably appreciate the hash boost, they're proportional and personal pool data is easily api accessible. I wonder if multipool would work better if it took advantage of personal api data? Might be easier than html scraping.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:13:23 PM

I did a check today. According to GUIMiner I've submitted exactly 4200 accepted shares (+14 stale), but I've only been credited with 4010 by Multiclone. Does anybody know what the discrepancy might be caused by? It's about 4.5% fewer than it should be.
roos

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:29:58 PM

Deepbit sais earned 0.0000000 since Fri Jul 8 11:56:22 2011 until now.

http://multiclone.us.to:18080/user/?address=1H36TPKaYcqDUK4CAN9PbaTGNB8ShJtYRN

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nick5429

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:41:23 PM

Deepbit sais earned 0.0000000 since Fri Jul 8 11:56:22 2011 until now.

http://multiclone.us.to:18080/user/?address=1H36TPKaYcqDUK4CAN9PbaTGNB8ShJtYRN

Yeah, I had thought the deepbit 0's thing was just some weird flaky artifact of rewards processing that would go away soon.  Turns out it's an actual problem. 

I worked out a retroactive fix, but I need to take deepbit out of the rotation and wait until tomorrow to roll it out.  I'll need to take the pool down for about 15 minutes while I process the fix tomorrow.  For the weird 0'd shares, I *think* the fix will be 100%, but it might cause share count to fluctuate slightly.

Future deepbit blocks should be able to process without an issue.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: