Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any thoughts on segwit?  (Read 122 times)
FFFFound (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:36:59 PM

Hey, not sure if its the right place to ask, but whats the deal with segwit2x continuation? https://themerkle.com/segwit2x-to-be-reborn-in-coming-weeks-ahead/

"BTC holders will receive, not only B2X in the ratio of 1:1, but also as a reward for your commitment to progress, the proportional number of Bitcoin of Satoshi Nakamoto who mined it in the first year of the network’s existence"
snamcz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:46:36 PM

Nothing special, just bitcoin-core team trying to divide community again.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:55:13 PM

Yeah just a stupid piece of a shit segwit to generate another shit coin.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:00:38 PM

I just purchased more BTC just so that I will get a little more B2X for free from the fork on the 28th
and see it as a late Christmas present myself  but it cost me $25 in BTC sending my money from Coinbase
to my Jaxx wallet so I know I will get them and i cannot wait to see B2X transaction fees of about $0.01
cents again.

Me being a poor boy would like to make people here that don't like the new coin feel happy so please
pledge to send your B2X to me now and I will wish you a happy new year (and mean it) and will also
send you some good vibes plus I will even cover the super reasonable transaction costs

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
FFFFound (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:06:40 PM

I just purchased more BTC just so that I will get a little more B2X for free from the fork on the 28th
and see it as a late Christmas present myself  but it cost me $25 in BTC sending my money from Coinbase
to my Jaxx wallet so I know I will get them and i cannot wait to see B2X transaction fees of about $0.01
cents again.

where did you hear'd that b2x fees be $0.01 ? and im not familiar with the process, is jax wallet is the only way of getting it?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:12:40 PM

Nothing special, just bitcoin-core team trying to divide community again.

You have that exactly backwards.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
FFFFound (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:12:50 PM

"BTC holders will receive, not only B2X in the ratio of 1:1, but also as a reward for your commitment to progress, the proportional number of Bitcoin of Satoshi Nakamoto who mined it in the first year of the network’s existence"

does it mean that everyone who has bitcoin will get 1:1 b2x and even more bitcoin?  Cheesy

and what about existing b2x on bitfinex (as bt2) and yobit?
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:15:44 PM

cents again.

where did you hear'd that b2x fees be $0.01 ? and im not familiar with the process, is jax wallet is the only way of getting it?

Well I am guessing at the fees but if you go back to the start of the year then BTC fees were not much higher than that
and Jaxx is a private wallet (You own the private key) and I really like it bit it has a security flaw that you can counter
if you keep the wallet on it's own MicroSD card that you switch when not using.

You will have to wait a month to get your coins but you will only get your share if the BTC coins you
own are on the block-chain before the fork in a days time and you own the private key. Coinbase cannot
be trusted to give them to you and a good example of this is Bitcoin gold, mine are locked up and i might
never get them because Coinbase owned the key to my wallet on the last fork.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:21:09 PM

does it mean that everyone who has bitcoin will get 1:1 b2x and even more bitcoin?  Cheesy

Nobody knows exactly who owns what coins from the first year. There were a number of other early adopters so this is basically stealing from all of them. Folks, do you really want to throw your support behind a coin whose devs pick and choose who to steal funds from? This is absolutely awful precedent, and this alone justifies throwing it out on the trash heap of worthless scamcoins.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:29:56 PM

Yes 1:1 and maybe even a little bit more.

B2X is trading is a bet on what the price will be and its price is at about 15:1 against BTC
so your free gift by my understand is worth $7.50 for every $100 worth of BTC you
own that is on the block-chain on the 28th at the time of the fork.

I will if I can mine the new coin for free on release not because of the money but to give BTC
miners two fingers for ripping us off but that's just me being a nice man because they owe
me about $80 so far and i don't mind payment what ever way it comes.

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Nobody knows exactly who owns what coins from the first year. There were a number of other early adopters so this is basically stealing from all of them. Folks, do you really want to throw your support behind a coin whose devs pick and choose who to steal funds from? This is absolutely awful precedent, and this alone justifies throwing it out on the trash heap of worthless scamcoins.

No it is not steeling because it is a public block-chain and currently it is being abused by the miners
so it's what you call pay-back and the only logical reason you could be upset is because you have
been mining coins and the jig us about up.

$25-$50 just to store 250 bytes of data in a public database is a joke and in any case we don't need
20,000 full nodes to process the transactions and the way it has been designed you end up slowing
it down by adding more nodes but let them keep up the silly CPU wars but if you don't understand
this statement then please ask and I will clarify what i mean.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: