Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot get mining to work (at all) help?  (Read 4622 times)
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 01:16:36 PM

oh god help me.... its going to take over a year for me to get one single coin Cry
donations? anyone? im desperate Sad

i only need 1 coin so i can start trading;
14i2QbNoWXtPXskos57EfjXQqsdRTQnSxS

Exactly why are you "desperate" to get a Bitcoin?  Everyone who has coins did something to get them.  Kind of like everyone who has money, did something to get it (even if you were just born into it).

Your options are:

1)  Wait a month and continue mining.  While it may take a month to generate a full coin, by working in a pool you'll get fractional coins continuously, and you will be able to send those fractional coins to see how the network works.
2)  Take actual money and purchase coins.
3)  Do something to earn coins.  I've done consulting for two different folks here on the boards and been paid 14 BTC for that work.

Begging has a very low success rate.  Lower even than CPU mining.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigfish420

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 01:23:48 PM

hey, im a fuckin newbie. remember that.
is there any point to mine (slush's pool), when im doin it at speed of 500 khash/s ?
shane_kerr

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 07:25:46 PM

With 500 KH/s you will get a very, very small number of bitcoins in a pool. It will take you probably 3 weeks to get 0.01 BTC. And the electricity will almost certainly cost more than you get out of it. OTOH, if you are using green energy then by all means, please go for it. Smiley Or more seriously, you can measure the difference in wattage and see how much energy mining actually costs.

Otherwise... just by Bitcoin, right?
HonestAbe

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:31:08 PM

not worth it.  mining is not a rationale approach to building btc.
gravemind2401 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:48:01 AM

Trading what in particular?

trading bitcoins on Mt.Gox

Your options are:

1)  Wait a month and continue mining.  While it may take a month to generate a full coin, by working in a pool you'll get fractional coins continuously, and you will be able to send those fractional coins to see how the network works.
3)  Do something to earn coins.  I've done consulting for two different folks here on the boards and been paid 14 BTC for that work.

1: A Month wont get me anywhere near a full coin, it will take 16 months for me to get a full coin.
2: Ive tried that, but Mt.Gox wont accept paypal, and being in Australia I don't have any of the other payment methods available
3: I have no useful abilities that I can offer over the internet. (not at this point in time, anyway)
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:58:57 AM

Trading what in particular?

trading bitcoins on Mt.Gox

Your options are:

1: A Month wont get me anywhere near a full coin, it will take 16 months for me to get a full coin.
2: Ive tried that, but Mt.Gox wont accept paypal, and being in Australia I don't have any of the other payment methods available
3: I have no useful abilities that I can offer over the internet. (not at this point in time, anyway)

Code:
Technocash conditions have changed, please read carefully (fee AU$2.00 => 5% of amount, and new bank account number)

You can send funds as Australian Dollars from Australia via our partner Technocash. Due to the risks, Technocash will charge 5% of the deposited amount as handling fees. The remaining funds will be converted to USD at current rate and added to your account.

To add funds, please make a deposit to:
Bank: National Australia Bank
BSB: 082-330
Account Number: 575148030
Account name: Technocash Pty Ltd
Message: ------- (IMPORTANT: this message identifies you and will allow us to credit YOUR account)

It will take one working day to get your funds credited (you will receive a confirmation email if you configured one) even if your account is at NAB too.

You should read through Mt Gox first.... you can make deposits.
gravemind2401 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:40:38 AM

Code:
Technocash conditions have changed, please read carefully (fee AU$2.00 => 5% of amount, and new bank account number)

You can send funds as Australian Dollars from Australia via our partner Technocash. Due to the risks, Technocash will charge 5% of the deposited amount as handling fees. The remaining funds will be converted to USD at current rate and added to your account.

To add funds, please make a deposit to:
Bank: National Australia Bank
BSB: 082-330
Account Number: 575148030
Account name: Technocash Pty Ltd
Message: ------- (IMPORTANT: this message identifies you and will allow us to credit YOUR account)

It will take one working day to get your funds credited (you will receive a confirmation email if you configured one) even if your account is at NAB too.

You should read through Mt Gox first.... you can make deposits.

Yes I did read that, actually, but I don't have a debit account or anything like that. I have paypal, and ONLY paypal :/
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:43:58 AM

Yes I did read that, actually, but I don't have a debit account or anything like that. I have paypal, and ONLY paypal :/

So how do you get money to Paypal then?  I don't see how anyone could have no bank account at all.
gravemind2401 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:50:04 AM

thats exactly my problem. i have no money, apart from the $13.38 in my paypal, and about $20 in cash. this is why i was so desperate to try bitcoin mining/trading, but seeing as my card sucks and i dont have the money to buy a new one, trading is the only option (if i can get funds into the account somehow)
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:51:44 AM

thats exactly my problem. i have no money, apart from the $13.38 in my paypal, and about $20 in cash. this is why i was so desperate to try bitcoin mining/trading, but seeing as my card sucks and i dont have the money to buy a new one, trading is the only option (if i can get funds into the account somehow)

Trading isn't going to net you much money at all, at best a few % per trade.
gravemind2401 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:58:07 AM

yea it builds up over time, and its better than nothing. plus with the current rate being 1BTC = ~$13 a few percent isnt that bad, itll build up. and if your trading a number of coins at a time then its better still.
Rob P.

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 12:37:01 PM

Dwolla takes AUD, Mt. Gox can be funded with Dwolla.  Problem solved.

Then get some.  Learn HTML, CSS, XML, XSS.  There are tons of resources online to do so.  Then offer to code a site for someone, or work on HTML coding.  Saying, "I have no useful abilities" is just an excuse.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
echo2

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 12:53:58 PM

no one is gonna give u $14

donate to1ATLB2mX8Yybu1nAmvKTNEdJxvm61zjTYs
 *Image Removed*
gravemind2401 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:44:41 AM

Dwolla takes AUD, Mt. Gox can be funded with Dwolla.  Problem solved.
i said previously that i dont have any of the payment methods available, that includes dwolla

Then get some.  Learn HTML, CSS, XML, XSS.  There are tons of resources online to do so.  Then offer to code a site for someone, or work on HTML coding.  Saying, "I have no useful abilities" is just an excuse.
i didnt say i have no useful abilities at all, i said i had none which i can offer over the internet. its not my abilities thats the problem, its my internet - its too slow for me to provide any useful services over it. i already know VB and C# and a small amount of C++, but with slow internet im not much use for remote services. i also said "at this point in time" as well.

no one is gonna give u $14
not with that attitude, they wont
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: